Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,203 members, 7,853,107 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

How Do You Feel When Asking - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Feel When Asking (604 Views)

'i Feel So Lucky' Homeless Man Asked Stranger For Cash – And Got A Job Instead / FEMFIELD SCHOOL - The Perfect School (feel Our Britishness) Is Recruiting / Reasons Why Every 2.2 Graduate Shouldn't Feel Like A Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When Asking by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
I am a final year student , my parents have supported me to the best of their abilities and they never get tired, but it pains me really bad every time i call them to ask for assistance ,i mean why are they even helping me?
They are ao many unemployed graduates out there what if i will never be able to pay them back.
Do you or did you ever have these fears , if you did please what was your way out?
Re: How Do You Feel When Asking by Etfash(m): 10:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
malailayi:
I am a final year student , my parents have supported me to the best of their abilities and they never get tired, but it pains me really bad every time i call them to ask for assistance ,i mean why are they even helping me?
They are ao many unemployed graduates out there what if i will never be able to pay them back.
Do you or did you ever have these fears , if you did please what was your way out?

No I never did!
Keep hope alive. Hope is the oil that lubricates the will of Achievers.
While I wouldn't discourage you from looking at the unemployed especially because employability lies in lessons learned in the valley of unemployment, I will advise that you spend more time to consider the employed and what distinguished the ones that are always changing jobs from those that can/are not.
Re: How Do You Feel When Asking by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
Etfash:

I never did because:
1) I lost one of them before I gained admission into the University.
2) The one alive practically stopped being responsible for me before I graduated from school
3) I developed a very thick skin and began to take responsibility for myself, my G.Ma and younger brother.

My advice:
1) It may sound religious, but trust me, it works; make up your mind not to ever depend on them for your financial and material needs again. Whatever you cannot afford yourself, trust God for it, if it doesn't come, assume you don't need it.
But you can consult them for moral and spiritual guidance from time to time.

The above may be very difficult but think about it: who do your parents run to when they are in need? Ask an average salary earner if his/her salary sustains him/her.

Sincere answers to the above will shock you.

Lastly,
Bro. I don't believe that there are no jobs! Just look around you. I am yet to see any little thing that remains little in the hands of a diligent man.
I am sorry for your loss , and thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

Chief Operating Officer / Manager And Accountant Needed In Abuja New Restaurant / Internal Control Officer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.