Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 (925 Views)

Addressing The Somali Trolls / How Many Of You Know About The Somali Slave Trade Of Blacks? / Why Aren't Somali Woman In Hollywood???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Rivertemz: 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
NiaraLand mods, please block the Somali users that post hateful things 24/7

It is not healthy to have our sites engulfed with so much hate and dysfunctional posts from non-Nigerians and at the moment it's specifically Somali users.

I suspect it's one Somali person with multiple accounts, or a number of users.

In many other forum sites focused on a nationality, these users are blocked instantly, this isn't censorship, this is for the benefit of other Africans and proud Nigerians. This site is visible and frequently viewed from famous internet browsers like google. With mostly Hateful threads agaisnt Nigerians (from Somalis) on our own site

We gracefully embrace other cultures, but we shouldn't be taunted by others on our own platform.

this is not freedom of speech neither is it comedy, it's foolish and demeaning to most of our users, this level of trolling has gone too far for years and our mods need to take further action like other site mods do.

Who else supports this move please share your concerns too.

4 Likes

Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Rivertemz: 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2016
@Fulaman198 I know you're aware of this trend, please do not condone this behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Fulaman198(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2016
It will not be overlooked, they have been banned on numerous occasions. Just hang in there my friend! We can't really ban by IP here.

3 Likes

Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
most especially that indian wannabe that always come here to rant and spew trash..
watz d name again sef, I don forget..

2 Likes

Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Flexherbal(m): 11:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
Some people need to learn how to appreciate other people's culture and be tolerant.

1 Like

Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Nobody: 4:18am On Mar 03, 2016
I second this. Meanwhile let's all report those offending posts.

2 Likes

Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Fulaman198(m): 7:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Rest assured guys and girls, if you see an offensive post please feel free to report it and we will do whatever we can to assess it. The other mods Odumchi and BigFrancis21 are extremely busy with their academia. I also have a lot on my plate in regards to work and personal programming projects. But we do care about your sentiments on here.

4 Likes

Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Rivertemz: 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
Fulaman198:
It will not be overlooked, they have been banned on numerous occasions. Just hang in there my friend! We can't really ban by IP here.
thank you Fulaman, I wasn't aware it was up for discussion already, bringing this up for others that have noticed this trend
Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Wulfruna(f): 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
I hope this plea (to rid this section of the Somali troll) is taken seriously. Sick of seeing all that nonsense from him every time I log in. I have considered taking a long break from this section on account of that.

3 Likes

Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Fulaman198(m): 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Wulfruna:
I hope this plea (to rid this section of the Somali troll) is taken seriously. Sick of seeing all that nonsense from him every time I log in. I have considered taking a long break from this section on account of that.

Sorry to hear that, we hope that you stay.
Re: Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 by Wulfruna(f): 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
Fulaman198:

Sorry to hear that, we hope that you stay.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Question About Brideprice? / Most Of D Ignorant Comments Of Africa,i Have Gotten Were 4rm Caribbeans/aa / Do Igbos Like Money More Than Any Other Tribe?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.