Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. (128977 Views)

Who Is Paid Most? Army, Navy Or Airforce / Difference Between SSC And DSS In Nigeria Navy And Airforce / The Nigerian Military Ranks – Army, Navy And Airforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Zarkay(m): 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
Steveinnovates:

It's views like these that bring disrepute to ranks in the military.... Go get yourself enlightened before you come here to talk what you dinono.....

You never see colonel and general for battle field
hello,please i need help for 69thrc...pleease
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Royaljaybaster(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
Pls after attaining my Bsc and i apply for NDA, what rank do i graduate with?
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Aniesko(m): 1:40am On May 31, 2017
Pls i'd like to ask what rank a dssc graduant will be in NAF
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by mydas01: 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2017
You would have to apply for DSSC of any arm of military you want, then if successful, will be sent to NDA for some months e.g 9 months ...and come out with lieutenant for army or flying officer for air force or sub lieutenant for Navy....
Royaljaybaster:
Pls after attaining my Bsc and i apply for NDA, what rank do i graduate with?
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Aniesko(m): 3:06am On Jun 07, 2017
So very thankz
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by uhonmoke(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
Thanks alot nairaland forum for vital information
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by lilchris04: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2017
mydas01:
You would have to apply for DSSC of any arm of military you want, then if successful, will be sent to NDA for some months e.g 9 months ...and come out with lieutenant for army or flying officer for air force or sub lieutenant for Navy....
Wow!! So this means even through DSSC one can become a commissioned officer??
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Royaljaybaster(m): 4:43am On Oct 01, 2017
mydas01:
thanks bro
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Royaljaybaster(m): 4:50am On Oct 01, 2017
Steveinnovates:

I hail from a military background so i know what I'm saying, there are commissioned officers and the other ranks (ratings as u would have them in the navy)
Commissioned offices are either from NDA, SSC (short service commission.... These ones are purely trained as combatants even with their university degree) or DSSC(direct short service commission..... Trained as professionals in their field of specialization and also combat) these are people with university degrees or NDA degree....
So also do we have different corps in the army, Navy, airforce. In the Army(which I'm conversant with ) there are combatants(infantry, artillery, signal, Military police, signal) and then there are professionals (medical, finance, engineers and so on and so forth?)
You see these combatants whether general or private soldier, when there's need for deployment there are ranking officers whom are deployed (even though there's a greater number of other ranks) that deployed alike..... Even in the fight against insurgency professionals have also been deployed alike as their services are also needed, like medics and engineers....

For other ranks (UNCOMISSIONED soldiers) attaining the ranks of commissioned officers or attaining the highest ranks (it depends on their age and years in service) there are two ways

1. Executive commissioning (where haven served a number of years the army commissions you)
2. Commissioning ( where you apply and if selected go for the training)

SO SAYING THERE'S ZERO CHANCE OF BECOMING OFFICERS IS NOT TRUE....

BE YOU COMMISSIONED OFFICER OR UNCOMMISSIONED SOLDIER EVERYONE DOES THE DIRTY JOB......
please can we chat on facebook? I am callmekingayodele omegah
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Royaljaybaster(m): 4:54am On Oct 01, 2017
mccoy47:

Dey go for an crash course at NDA. Formerly it was 6months but now 9months.
And yes there is a little bias against dem. The Cadets (those who spent 4yrs at NDA) get promoted quicker and are sort of respected more.
Also chances of a non cadet exceeding a level 2 & above of senior officers (navy Commodore or it's equivalent in army or airforce) is slim.
please clear me, if i graduate after 4years in the university, where do i go, nda or dssc?
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by mccoy47(m): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2017
Royaljaybaster:
please clear me, if i graduate after 4years in the university, where do i go, nda or dssc?
To become a commissioned officer u go to NDA for a short service course(9months) & graduate as a non-cadet officer
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by mydas01: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2017
Yes... U can be a commissioned officer through two means..one is NDA,the other is DSSC/SSC
lilchris04:

Wow!! So this means even through DSSC one can become a commissioned officer??
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by mydas01: 7:24am On Oct 18, 2017
You're welcome
Royaljaybaster:
thanks bro
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2018
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Chemistdavy: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hello Guys,I need your candid advice.How can a graduate with B.Sc Chemistry be of use to the Nigerian Navy? Where can he/she fit in if possible? I heard about the Direct Short Service,How does it work?Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by wink2015(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2018
Nice share!

But who has attained the rank of a FIELD MARSHAL in the Nigeria Army?

I only of the Field Marshal Idi Amin Dada, the late deposed head of state of Uganda who fled to Saudi Arabia where he exiled and died in the early 2000 's.

Beyond Uganda dictator, Marshal Amin, I do not know of any Nigerian or African that attained the rank of a Field Marshal.

Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Emmyjay16: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2018
What rank will be given to a graduate with B.sc that wish to join any of the military?
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
Emmyjay16:
What rank will be given to a graduate with B.sc that wish to join any of the military?

Navy - Sub Lieutenant

Army - Lieutenant

Air Force - Flight Lieutenant

2 Likes

Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by BigJoe19: 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
wink2015:
Nice share!

But who has attained the rank of a FIELD MARSHAL in the Nigeria Army?

I only of the Field Marshal Idi Amin Dada, the late deposed head of state of Uganda who fled to Saudi Arabia where he exiled and died in the early 2000 's.

Beyond Uganda dictator, Marshal Amin, I do not know of any Nigerian or African that attained the rank of a Field Marshal.

No Nigerian has gotten to the rank of field Marshall in Nigeria, I think the rank is even meant for the president these days.
General is the highest position for now, it's even hard to get to general.
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Sammy145: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please, after i joining the Navy with my OND result and I go for DSSC, getting my result for HND, will I be promoted to another rank immediately
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
Sammy145:
Please, after i joining the Navy with my OND result and I go for DSSC, getting my result for HND, will I be promoted to another rank immediately
You want to go for DSSC with OND?
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Sammy145: 9:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
You want to go for DSSC with OND?

Yes sir

Please i need you help me with this ASAP
And what rank will i assume
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by tyup(m): 10:24pm On May 16, 2020
frank043:

This is for the army NOT airforce!...In the airforce, its pilot officer, and six months later, he will be promoted to flying officer...He can rise to the highest rank possible, ie if he survives.

Sorry after flying officer how many years does it takes to be promoted again? I heard its 5years is that true?

and how can I move to a regular officer since I'll be joining with Bsc not from NDA?
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by frank043(m): 11:49pm On May 16, 2020
tyup:

Sorry after flying officer how many years does it takes to be promoted again? I heard its 5years is that true?

and how can I move to a regular officer since I'll be joining with Bsc not from NDA?

3 to 4yrs for RC officers. Promotion for short service in most cases exceeds 4yrs. There are exceptions though, especially for those in the medical corps.

You'd have to convert to DRC. There's a course for conversion, but conversion is NOT automatic bro. Note this and factor it into your plans.

Best wishes.
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by tyup(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2020
frank043:

3 to 4yrs for RC officers. Promotion for short service in most cases exceeds 4yrs. There are exceptions though, especially for those in the medical corps.

You'd have to convert to DRC. There's a course for conversion, but conversion is NOT automatic bro. Note this and factor it into your plans.

Best wishes.

Thanks for ur reply bro it's really appreciated

I'm bout opting for a career in the Military dunno if you can advise me on some things
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by frank043(m): 6:54pm On May 17, 2020
tyup:

Thanks for ur reply bro it's really appreciated

I'm bout opting for a career in the Military dunno if you can advise me on some things

One thing you should know is that these are perilous times for one to join the military. I declined joining cos I figured out eventually that as a civil/structural engineer, the military won't offer me that sort of specialized expertise and exposure required for one to attain a consultant status. Mind you, I had the wherewithal to join, but I bluntly turned it down and ain't damn regretting it!

Get to know more about the military and see if their lifestyle and tradition suits your persona, and aligns with your discipline growth-wise, else you'd really wish you hadn't.

Note: The military is a very nice institution, and for the fact that I chose not to join shouldn't deter you from pursuing your dreams of getting commissioned.
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by tyup(m): 8:18pm On May 17, 2020
frank043:

One thing you should know is that these are perilous times for one to join the military. I declined joining cos I figured out eventually that as a civil/structural engineer, the military won't offer me that sort of specialized expertise and exposure required for one to attain a consultant status. Mind you, I had the wherewithal to join, but I bluntly turned it down and ain't damn regretting it!

Get to know more about the military and see if their lifestyle and tradition suits your persona, and aligns with your discipline growth-wise, else you'd really wish you hadn't.

Note: The military is a very nice institution, and for the fact that I chose not to join shouldn't deter you from pursuing your dreams of getting commissioned.

I was advised to choose NAF over Army plus I'm not joining cause of the money or anything I've laid so many business foundation that would yield with time and me joining the military is just to get me off some stress esp with these SARS folks like I mean them real good
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by jelraj(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2020
Good afternoon house

Please I wish to build a career in the military
I tried the last intake, my name didn't even make the first list.. Please I'll really appreciate it if anyone here can help out with a link.

Please I need connect.. I'm a HND holder in biochemistry..
I'm willing to give up half of my salary for 6months
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by frank043(m): 12:53pm On May 20, 2020
tyup:

I was advised to choose NAF over Army plus I'm not joining cause of the money or anything I've laid so many business foundation that would yield with time and me joining the military is just to get me off some stress esp with these SARS folks like I mean them real good

Yea, NAF is cool, with nice personnel welfare package.

Joining cos you wana get back at someone or a group is NEVER the way. I'd have just said join cos of patriotism, but again, Nigeria ain't a country worth dying for.
Re: The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce. by Uzi11enzo: 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
Pretty old thread lol. Can I still ask a question bro??
Anyone??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About The ICAN/ATS Examinations / Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association / ICAN May 2017 Results (let's Meet Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.