Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote (1357 Views)

Niyi Adenuga Marries Secretly (Mike Adenuga's Son) / Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes / Mike Adenuga Names A Street After Himself In Banana Island, Residents Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:20am On Mar 03, 2016

There are 24 African billionaires this year, down from 28 in 2015. And according to Forbes, Nigerian businessman Mike Adenuga is the biggest gainer among the African billionaires. He is now worth $10 billion, up from $4 billion a year ago.

The significant jump in Adenuga’s fortune according to Forbes is attributable to new information on the value of his telecom, oil and real estate holdings. Angolan investor Isabel dos Santos and oil tycoon Folorunsho Alakija of Nigeria still remain the only two female billionaires on the continent. See the top 23

1. Aliko Dangote, Nigerian
Net Worth: $14.4 billion
Source Of Wealth: Cement, flour, sugar, salt

2. Mike Adenuga, Nigerian

Net Worth: $10 billion
Source Of Wealth: Telecom, Oil, Real Estate

3. Nicky Oppenheimer, South African

Net Worth: $6.6 billion

Source Of Wealth: Diamonds

4. Christoffel Wiese, South African

Net Worth: $6.2 billion
Source Of Wealth: Retailing

5. Johann Rupert, South African

Net Worth: $5.3 billion
Source Of Wealth: Luxury Goods

6. Nassef Sawiris, Egyptian
Net Worth: $4.1 billion
Source Of Wealth: Construction, Chemicals
Nathan Kirsch, Swazi

Net Worth: $3.7 billion
Source Of Wealth: Retail

7. Isabel dos Santos, Angolan

Net Worth: $3.1 billion
Source Of Wealth: Investments

8. Issad Rebrab, Algerian

Net Worth: $3.1 billion
Source of Wealth: Food

9. Naguib Sawiris, Egyptian

Net Worth: $3 billion
Source Of Wealth: Telecom

10. Mohammed Mansour, Egyptian

Net Worth: $2.5 billion
Source Of Wealth: Diversified

11. Othman Benjelloun, Moroccan

Net Worth: $1.9 billion
Source Of Wealth: Banking, Insurance

12. Mohamed Al Fayed, Egyptian

Net Worth: $1.9 billion
Source Of Wealth: Retailing

13 Femi Otedola, NigerianNet Worth: $1.85 billion

14 Youssef Mansour, Egyptian

Net Worth: $1.73 billion
Source: Diversified

15. Folorunsho Alakija, Nigerian

Net Worth: $1.55 billion
Source Of Wealth: Oil

16 Allan Gray, South African

Net Worth: $1.49 billion
Source Of Wealth: Money Management

17 Koos Bekker, South African

Net Worth: $1.47 billion
Source Of Wealth: Media, Investments

18. Yasseen Mansour, Egyptian

Net Worth: $1.39 billion

20. Aziz Akhannouch, Moroccan
Net Worth: $1.25 billion
Source Of Wealth: Petroleum, Diversified

21. Patrice Motsepe, South African

Net Worth: $1.15 billion
Source Of Wealth: Mining

22. Abdulsamad Rabiu, Nigerian

Net Worth: $1.1 billion

23. Onsi Sawiris, Egyptian

Net Worth: $1.09 billion
Source Of Wealth: Construction, Telecom

24. Mohammed Dewji, Tanzanian
Net Worth: $1.09 billion
http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/03/mike-adenuga-is-now-second-richest-man.html#more
lalasticlala
Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by BLINGZ88: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2016
Congratulations sir, may u live long and enjoy ur wealth, nd when u are there, wait for me cos am coming with full speed

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by Pumpkin34(f): 11:33am On Mar 03, 2016
Looking at the source of wealth, Dangote's own is the funniest. #lesson: Don't look down on anybody's dreams or ideas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 03, 2016
Dangote is losing money, I remember vividly 2 years ago, his networth according to Forbes was 25 billion. Not my business sha
Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2016
Pumpkin34:

Looking at the source of wealth, Dangote's own is the funniest.
#lesson: Don't look down on anybody's dreams or ideas.
Not that its funny, he was just smart. All he had to do was look at the basic everyday need of Nigerians and boom! he made it happen. If you yourself set up a factory and start processing garri, who knows what you might become tomorrow grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by Pumpkin34(f): 11:47am On Mar 03, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

Not that its funny, he was just smart. All he had to do was look at the basic everyday need of Nigerians and boom! he made it happen. If you yourself set up a factory and start processing garri, who knows what you might become tomorrow grin
lol... That's so true my dear, I'll put that into consideration.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by 14(m): 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
lofty900:
Dangote is losing money, I remember vividly 2 years ago, his networth according to Forbes was 25 billion. Not my business sha

tough times, low economic growth, depreciation of currency, its a slippery slope from here.
Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by kayalcomp: 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
Gosh. I can't find my name on the list. There must be mistake somewhere.
Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by MrCounselor: 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pumpkin34:

Looking at the source of wealth, Dangote's own is the funniest.
#lesson: Don't look down on anybody's dreams or ideas.

More funny is that, Nestle Nig plc is also making almost 80% of her revenue from "Maggi" and not even Milo or the other products.
Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by Pumpkin34(f): 10:45am On Mar 29, 2016
MrCounselor:

More funny is that, Nestle Nig plc is also making almost 80% of her revenue from "Maggi" and not even Milo or the other products.
Wow!!!!! I never knew.
Re: Mike Adenuga Is Now The Second Richest Man In Africa After Dangote by psyqs(m): 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
cool cool

(1) (Reply)

20 Great Business Ideas But No Funding Please Help / Just 3 Days To Go, Grab This Opportunity With N50. / Cassava Starch Suppliers Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.