Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded (710 Views)

Tips For Protecting Your Phone From Theft In Crowded Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by iambrafia231: 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
The Nigeria blogging environment is over crowded and it is becoming very difficult to succeed as a blogger. There are very few creative blogs out there. Most Nigerians going into blogging do it for money and most times have little or no professional writing skills.

Most blogs recycles news and gist from known online media outlets and gossip blogs. We need to start thinking out of the box if we must start seeing major breakthroughs in our tech industry.

There a lot of opportunities for internet startups in Nigeria, we must start thinking and building propriety solutions online not just recycling gossips and news.
Re: Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
hmmm.i must confess,this is really insightful,i will glad if we can reason and adhere to dis advice,thumbs up @op.
Re: Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by fattbabakay(m): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
iambrafia231:
The Nigeria blogging environment is over crowded and it is becoming very difficult to succeed as a blogger. There are very few creative blogs out there. Most Nigerians going into blogging do it for money and most times have little or no professional writing skills.

Most blogs recycles news and gist from known online media outlets and gossip blogs. We need to start thinking out of the box if we must start seeing major breakthroughs in our tech industry.

There a lot of opportunities for internet startups in Nigeria, we must start thinking and building propriety solutions online not just recycling gossips and news.
Now what's d resolution??
Re: Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by charsobodo(m): 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
I completely disagree with you @ OP, infact our blogosphere is still nascent with massive opportunity for growth & success. Just take a look at the Indian & U.S blogosphere then you know the true meaning of the word "overcrowded" & yet bloggers are still making it big time!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by iambrafia231: 12:24am On Mar 04, 2016
charsobodo:
I completely disagree with you @ OP, infact our blogosphere is still nascent with massive opportunity for growth & success. Just take a look at the Indian & U.S blogosphere then you know the true meaning of the word "overcrowded" & yet bloggers are still making it big time!
In the US, most blogs are dedicated to specialized niche and carries content with high integrity. Most bloggers are professional in the fields they blog about. Take for example Perez Hilton's blog, he is a columnist and television personality or Pete Cashmore's Mashable.com which is digital media blog which is in direct touch/contact with industry CEOs and founders of tech-startups.

Most Nigerian blogs are all crowded within a single niche and they are hardly making a living from it. I have worked with several bloggers and one factor I noticed about them is the urge to quickly earn money.

90% of Nigeria blogs are news or gossip blogs. We are yet to move above that.
Re: Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by charsobodo(m): 8:00am On Mar 04, 2016
iambrafia231:

In the US, most blogs are dedicated to specialized niche and carries content with high integrity. Most bloggers are professional in the fields they blog about. Take for example Perez Hilton's blog, he is a columnist and television personality or Pete Cashmore's Mashable.com which is digital media blog which is in direct touch/contact with industry CEOs and founders of tech-startups.

Most Nigerian blogs are all crowded within a single niche and they are hardly making a living from it. I have worked with several bloggers and one factor I noticed about them is the urge to quickly earn money.

90% of Nigeria blogs are news or gossip blogs. We are yet to move above that.
yes i agree with you that most Nigerian bloggers are rushing to the entertainment niche because Lynda Ikeji made it there, so they want to hurriedly grab thousand of adsense dollars as well. Most of these entertainment blogs are plagiarism personified, no quality no content.
Re: Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by charsobodo(m): 8:13am On Mar 04, 2016
Its laughable that most times when these mediocre blogs are set up, the first thing the bloggers look for is where to buy adsense account because Google will never approve such blogs. That approach is wrong, for a new blog the primary goal should be to produce quality & user friendly content that will help the blog build readership, believe me once you start getting traffic, naturally the money will come.
Re: Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by iambrafia231: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2016
charsobodo:
Its laughable that most times when these mediocre blogs are set up, the first thing the bloggers look for is where to buy adsense account because Google will never approve such blogs. That approach is wrong, for a new blog the primary goal should be to produce quality & user friendly content that will help the blog build readership, believe me once you start getting traffic, naturally the money will come.
You are absolutely right. Most are even spamming forums and social media just to get traffic. You can get a million readers today but will they stay if what you are offering them is over recycled gossips and news. People ask for source always, can your blog stand as a source?

If you can't write authentical and high integrity articles, then you should be focusing on user driven online communities like forums. Let your user write instead while you moderate.
Re: Nigeria Bloggosphere Is Over Crowded by coolluk(m): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
Its not overcrowded, d gossip and soft news and entertainment bloggosphere is overcrowded, tell me how many Nigeria blogs U know that focuses on health, food, photography, fashion, sports(yes sports), Nigerian movies, arts and crafts

(1) (Reply)

Web Designer Needed To Design A Website Like Tooxclusive.com / What Blog Niche Is Best, And How Does One Monetize? / The Top 5 Web Hosting Companies And Domain Registrars In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.