Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

10 Simple Ways To Stay Healthy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Simple Ways To Stay Healthy (446 Views)

Simple Ways To Stay Healthy While You Enjoy The Holidays / 5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One / I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Simple Ways To Stay Healthy by darlington15(m): 3:02am On Mar 04, 2016
Am quite sure that you will been asking yourself this question "am already healthy so whats the need of reading this article?".

well although you might think that good health is all about eating good foods and a healthy exercise.well,i doesn't end there,it also includes having a positive mental health,healthy self-image and a healthy lifestyle.

well,in my article here,i have just listed some few tips you can use to keep a healthy lifestyle.

1.reduce intake of processed foods:

processed foods are not good because:

a) most nutritional value is lost

b) the preservatives added are bad for our health.

many processed foods contain a high amount of salt content which leads to a higher blood pressure.processed foods are any foods that are not in their raw form

2) discard negative people from your life:

there is this adage that says "show me your friend and i will tell you whom you are". been in the company of negative friends can make you a negative minded person.my best advice for you is to avoid negative minded people and make friends with those who are positive minded.

3) purge negativity from yourself: always discard any negative thoughts that comes through your mind.always have a positive mentality at all times.

4) eat enough fruits and vegetables: always eat bright colored fruits and vegetables .you know why? because they are high in anti-oxidants and anti-oxidants helps to remove free radicals in our body that damage our cells.fruits and vegetables of different color includes:white(banana),green(guava,cucumber).

5) drink enough water: do you know that over 70% of our body is made up of water?. water performs a lot of functions in our body such as removal of waste,transport of nutrients and oxygen round our body.we also lose water everyday through urine,sweat,bowel movement.researchers believe that drinking more water helps fill your stomach,making you less hungry and less likely to overeat. drinking water alone also aids in losing weight.

6) sleep well: when you don't rest well,you compensate by eating more, usually its junk food.also,lack of sleep causes premature aging and you wouldn't want that,so get enough sleep

7)meditate: meditation helps to quieten your mind and calm your soul.so once in a while,you can always meditate,maybe during your spare time

cool exercise: movement is life.research has shown that exercising daily brings tremendous benefits to our health,including increase of life span,lowering of risk of diseases,higher bone density and weight loss.

9) avoid alcohols:like caffeine,alcohol is diuretic.alcohol is repeatedly proven to have negative effects on your body and health.it affects the functioning of our brain,liver,lungs and other major organs.

10)avoid passive smoking: second hand smoking(breathing in air from smokers) causes many of same long term disease as direct smoking.get away from smokers and avoid cigarette smoke where you can.

read more at www.technetcruz.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Simple Ways To Stay Healthy by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 04, 2016
Good to know, nice one @op. Educative posts like this won't get to the front page, but if it's Olajumoke or Tonto Dike in the toilet washing her red pant, you'll get them immediately. Mods of this forum should help this forum because people are visiting it to learn, it shouldn't be about the yeyebrities alone and some irrelevant posts. Peace!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Http://testorpmreviews.blog.com/ / Your Chewing Stick Is Even Better Than Your Toothbrush / A weak Heart Diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.