Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

When Was The Last Time You Called Or Appreciate Your Mother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Was The Last Time You Called Or Appreciate Your Mother? (590 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Cried And What Made You To Cry? / "Where Is Your Mother?": Nigerian Mom Asks White Lady In Bikini On The Street / When Was The Last Time You Cried, And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Called Or Appreciate Your Mother? by Achilles2(m): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2016
On Thursday last week i was traveling with my director to Abuja from port Harcourt by Road . my oga was the one driving.

Initially the journey was smooth but something happened 2hrs later that till now i just can't help but feel sorry for my boss.

There was this old school igbo Christian songs Album
my director bought in traffic somewhere in port Harcourt There's something about those old songs that makes you feel as if you have disappointed God greatly. Makes you ask yourself questions that don't answers. But the songs where nice and inspiring.

The suprise of my life came whe track 11 of the album was playing. It was a song about the LOVE AND SACRIFICE OF A MOTHER. few seconds into that song my oga. a man of means and statue. a man in his late 50s burst out crying. My oga was not just shading tears. He was CRYING. as in crying like a child.
To say i was confused and speechless will be an understatement. The best i could do was to assist him park the car by the Road side. After about 5 minutes of crying my boss turned to me and asked.

Oga : obiora, have you called your mother today?

Me: No sir.

Oga : when was the last time you called her ?

Me: last week Monday sir.

Oga : hmmm. obiora try and be calling your mother everyday ooo and make sure you visit her and spend at least 2 days in a month with her no matter how busy or broke you are.
Cherish the sound of your mothers voice.
Spend and cherish every moment you have with your mother.and never fail to tell her THANK YOU for no just reason. Don't take for granted the fact that your mother is Alive today. Because someday she will but a memory. How sweet the memories will be depends on how you cherish now that she is Alive.

Me : embarassed cry cry embarassed

Oga : i will give up all my wealth just to hear my mother's voice one last time.he further told me how he was busy looking for money that he didn't have time for his mother even the day she died she called him 4hrs before before she but he busy her calls. Only for his younger brother to call and inform him of her death.

He picked up is phone called is P.A asked her to cancel the Abuja meeting that he is going to spend the weekend with his family. Turned to me gave #75,000 and a week off to go and visit my mother. As am typing this now i dey my village. dey watch kanayo o kanayo film with my momsi. And this village wey i come so dey sweet her wella. From Friday last week to this very moment i don hail my mama, praise her , tell her thank ma reach 300 times or more. Na so the thing dey sweet her . Dey make laugh anyhow. She don change my name from obiora to obi-Nne.

So my personal people.
When did you call and appreciate your mother last ?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Called Or Appreciate Your Mother? by ucnwafor(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2016
My mama wey carry me for belly for 9 months and deliver me out in diz naija, I love mama #voiceoffrankedward
Re: When Was The Last Time You Called Or Appreciate Your Mother? by kestolove95(m): 10:03am On Mar 04, 2016
She stay wit mi

(1) (Reply)

Photos : Am Looking For An Old Friend / Real Teen Girls Issues / Hello I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.