Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 (950 Views)

As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? / What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last. / Which Mobile Phone Do You Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by Pharoahnd: 11:46am On Mar 04, 2016
Hello guys,

I plan to replace my phone next month, but the problem is that I am currently at loss on which phone to buy.

I currently use a Blackberry Bold 5, which I have been using for the past 3 years. I must say that it served me well, but its time to move on to another phone, with better speed, etc.

I currently have a Samsung Tablet which I love a lot, but I'm thinking that buying another Samsung phone would make me too concentrated or exposed to Samsung.

Someone suggested the HTC Desire 616, claiming that it has better speed, battery power and picture quality.

I will really appreciate honest suggestions from you guys.

Please note that I am that type of guys that insists on using a phone for at least 2 years (3 years preferred), therefore the phone must be durable. In fact I hate phones that are too fragile. I heard that the Samsung screen is fragile and costs 'an arm and leg' to replace.

Also, I hate large phones, and would prefer one that I can carry in my trouser pocket at all times.

As per my budget, I don't mind going as high as 70k
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by teelaweee(m): 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
Pharoahnd:
Hello guys,

I plan to replace my phone next month, but the problem is that I am currently at loss on which phone to buy.

I currently use a Blackberry Bold 5, which I have been using for the past 3 years. I must say that it served me well, but its time to move on to another phone, with better speed, etc.

I currently have a Samsung Tablet which I love a lot, but I'm thinking that buying another Samsung phone would make me too concentrated or exposed to Samsung.

Someone suggested the HTC Desire 616, claiming that it has better speed, battery power and picture quality.

Please note that I am that type of guys that insists on using a phone for at least 2 years (3 years preferred), therefore the phone must be durable. In fact I hate phones that are too fragile. I heard that the Samsung screen is fragile and costs 'an arm and leg' to replace.

Also, I hate large phones, and would prefer one that I can carry in my trouser pocket at all times.

check out phantom 5 or phantom z mini
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by dominique(f): 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
The phone has poor internal memory like most midrange HTC phones I know, 4Gb. HTC cameras are super cool, I'm not so sure about the durability of their phones. My husband has repaired his about 3 times now, their phones are just not rugged enough for me. I'd pick Samsung over HTC any day.
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
Pharoahnd:
Hello guys,

I've said this before and I will say it again. Anybody buying a mid range htc phone is wasting his money. Don't get me wrong, htc makes good flagship phones, I used an HTC one m7 from 2013-2015 before giving it out and that person is still using it till today, no lags, no slow downs, no problems whatsoever. But when it comes to entry level or mid range, there are lots of phones that give better value for money.

The person that asked u to buy htc 616 doesn't like u at all. That phone will probably cost u around 42k and what do u get, a 720p screen, 1gb of ram, 8mp Camera, mediatek processor, 4gb of internal storage and 2,000mah battery. Unless u like to waste money then go ahead and buy it. Even the desire 820g which is better still has a 720p display and 2gb of ram and sold for 82k.. They just don't worth it.

Since u said u don't mind going 70k then there are lots of phones with flagship specs. Since u don't want a phone that is too big, then a 5.5 inch phone is out of the question. If u want my advice there is only 1 phone out there that u can buy. It is the xiaomi mi4. This is a phone that u don't have to pre order, they have it in stores, walk to slot and pick it up for just 55k. I know lots of people will advice u to buy gionee but those are also underpowered. Phantom 5 is another good choice but it is too expensive right now and too big.

What do u get with xiaomi MI 4?

5.0 full HD screen at 441 ppi (no gionee phone sold in naija can boast of that).

3gb of ram

16gb internal storage

SnapDragon 801 processor

3080mah battery

13mp camera, 8mp front camera

I don't need to say more, this is flagship spec at the price of mid range.

1 Like

Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by augster(m): 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Just like the poster above me said, mi4 is an amazing device tho it has no sd card slot! Just 55k on jumia! Call me now to order it!
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by Souljaboi1: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
dominique:
The phone has poor internal memory like most midrange HTC phones I know, 4Gb. HTC cameras are super cool, I'm not so sure about the durability of their phones. My husband has repaired his about 3 times now, their phones are just not rugged enough for me. I'd pick Samsung over HTC any day.

You're married ni ? angry

When I was just about recommending you to my Uncle. cry

BaarakaLLaahu laki feeh ! smiley
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by dominique(f): 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
Souljaboi1:

You're married ni ? angry
When I was just about recommending you to my Uncle. cry
BaarakaLLaahu laki feeh ! smiley
Ameen. Check my profile, I don old o
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by Yorubago(f): 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
Tecno L5 ... Strong battery, affordable, best camera quality, very durable
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 08, 2016
Yorubago:
Tecno L5 ... Strong battery, affordable, best camera quality, very durable

Bia nwokem, shebi na joke u dey joke. Someone said he has 70k to spend on phone and u are calling L5. That thing that has just 1gb of ram, 8gb of internal memory, ordinary 1.3ghz quad core mediatek processor and 8mp Camera and u say it is the best camera phone lol. Shey u think say na only battery we want chop for phone.
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by callmelanner(m): 8:42am On Mar 08, 2016
I would go for the phantom 5 if I were u!
It might be expensive but it's worth it
Re: What Phone Do I Buy? Someone Suggested HTC Desire 616 by jheed: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pharoahnd:
Hello guys,

check out tecno camon C5

(1) (Reply)

Clean 4month Old Infinix Hotnote For Sale..... / Tecno Camon C8 For 25k / Addicted To Your Mobile Phone? 5 Ways To Beat Your Phone Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.