Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,973 members, 7,838,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over Prayer Message On His Phone - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over Prayer Message On His Phone (380 Views)

Bayelsa Man Exposes Lady Who Stole His Phone After Visiting His House. Photos / Robbers Shoot Man Dead For Refusing To Give Them His Phone (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Arrested In India With Indian Hemp. Police Can't Unlock His Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over Prayer Message On His Phone by bidjannorah: 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
Read News,Search jobs,Sell your properties on Nigeria Classified Site http://ng./

Description

A British-born Nigerian was removed from an Easyjet flight at Luton airport after a fellow passenger read a message that mentions ‘prayer’ on his mobile phone and alerted cabin crew, who raised alarm with the police.

Laolu Opebiyi was using WhatsApp to arrange a conference call prayer session with friends, as the Amsterdam-bound flight was waiting to take off at Luton airport on Thursday February 25 when a passenger next to him questioned him about message that included the word ‘prayer’ asking “What do you mean by prayer?”

The 40-year-old Nigerian-born business analyst from London explained to the passenger that he was preparing to pray with friends. Few minutes later, he was pulled off the flight by two firearms officers.

It is thought the man misread the name of Mr Opebiyi’s prayer group “ISI men” – which stands for “iron sharpens iron” from a Bible quote – as Isis.

Mr Opebiyi said: “That guy doesn’t know me and within two minutes he’s judging me. Even if I was a Muslim, it was pretty unfair the way I was treated.

If we keep on giving into this kind of bigotry and irrational fear, I dare say that the terrorists will have achieved their aim.”

continue reading and click to view pictures http://www./ads/nigerian-man-removed-from-uk-flight-over-prayer-message-on-his-phone/

(1) (Reply)

Four Ex-ministers, Ex-gov Named In N3.1b EFCC Probe / [UPDATE] 2 Female Bombers Kill 22 People In Maiduguri Mosque / Female Suicide Bombers Kill 23 In Borno Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.