Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice (4689 Views)

Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal / Pls Current Online Mastercard/visa Exchange Rate For Firstbank, GTB And Others? / Feb 2016 Fixed Deposit Rates: GTB, Diamond, Firstbank, Stanbic, Sterling, Wema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
Just this evening i received #100 monthly fee debit alert from firstbank, just wondering why banks will wake up and decide to start charging customers all sort of illegal fees? I operate a savings account with firstbank and i must confess i am not happy with the illegal deductions on my account. Please who do i petition to get justice? Justice because i was not notified before they embarked on the deductions. And to add insult to injury they still deducted #5 as VAT on the illegal #100.. Bunch of corporate Thieves....

Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by idrisalomagold(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2016
I got same alert. I really dont know what I will do to discipline the st*pid bank and their incompetent staffs. Have you also noticed when you go in to deposit, you will get an alert of debit, later the error will be corrected with credit alert and YET, all alerts (both wrong and correct) will be charged to your account.
Even if they send you birthday wish, be sure it is your money that is going.

1 Like

Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 5:32am On Mar 05, 2016
idrisalomagold:
I got same alert. I really dont know what I will do to discipline the st*pid bank and their incompetent staffs. Have you also noticed when you go in to deposit, you will get an alert of debit, later the error will be corrected with credit alert and YET, all alerts (both wrong and correct) will be charged to your account.
Even if they send you birthday wish, be sure it is your money that is going.

Yes sir i noticed that too...did you notice they also push vat to customers? Sms charges is another scam collection. They send all sorts of messages and still bill customers for the charges. Seems like i have had enough of their agbero deduction... Will definitely pull out my savings on monday...
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by kennysteve77: 6:08am On Mar 05, 2016
In the olden days, if no transaction occurred on an account for (I think) 6 months, the account would become dormant and the owner would have to write to reactivate it. Nowadays, the policy remains but the banks render it ineffective because they keep the account alive by adding N2 monthly interest and deducting over N100 monthly maintenance charges... I have not carried out any transaction on my First Bank account in the last 8 months but I have always received transaction alerts. N2 interest and N100 monthly charge plus the cost of the unsolicited texts... Any system that extorts the poor to make a few people richer only extends its doomsday.

Fp pls lalasticlala ishilove

3 Likes

Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 05, 2016
They re also cutting my money like that, I got a mail from firstbank started that all those new charges re new policy from CBN but i ve never recieve such charges from Access bank so i wonder if Access bank is not operating under CBN

1 Like

Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by stepedie: 7:31am On Mar 05, 2016
Na only card maintenance charge una see.
I woke up this morning to see another deduction of #2,941.98 from first bank tagged "ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE CHARGE FOR FEB 2016"...Called cuatomer care and he said it's management decision and not even CBN decision oooo.

And still charged VAT on the illegal fee again....I will so tell the world that first bank now extorts outside the regular CBN extortion...Dem go hear am
Na all social media sites go carry am, am ready for any court case if they are not ready to give me any good reason for this deduction
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 7:46am On Mar 05, 2016
stepedie:
Na only card maintenance charge una see.
I woke up this morning to see another deduction of #2,941.98 from first bank tagged "ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE CHARGE FOR FEB 2016"...Called cuatomer care and he said it's management decision and not even CBN decision oooo.

And still charged VAT on the illegal fee again....I will so tell the world that first bank now extorts outside the regular CBN extortion...Dem go hear am
Na all social media sites go carry am, am ready for any court case if they are not ready to give me any good reason for this deduction

The #100 is not ATM maintenance fee. They claimed it is maintenance fee for february.. Deductions without the consent of customers is illegal. Corporate thieves..
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by mydeporch(f): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2016
I just got the message this morning. 100 Naira monthly fee deducted. I called them immediately and I was told it is a charge just implemented by the bank started in Febuary. What can person do but dts Niger for you. Govt said 50naira stamp duty on transaction before but now bank itself now charging 100naira (double) for monthly fee. O mu ifura dani. No message with effect to this transaction for customers to be aware of it. this kind scam. O ga o
Dem stil commot anoda 5niara for VAT. Oogun mi o bi yin o.(My sweat go ask you)
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by cornelin(m): 10:57am On Mar 05, 2016
hello dear. I woke up this morning to a ridiculous monthly charge and VAT on monthly charge. I need an explanatiiion to this. How would a bank fraudulently rip off her customers. For me as a student, i will never accept this unreasonable charges. How do you want me to survive? Please, they should give answers to the numerous questions posted on your page by some aggrived customers instead of hosting all these sham questiions and answers to deceive some people. Am considering closing my account and as surely as hell, God help them when i come and they starts telliing me rubbish, that is when they would know the agony of a Nigerian student.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 11:06am On Mar 05, 2016
#100 per month on monthly charge with #50 stamp duty on every deposit coupled with sms charges and all sort of vat deductions including #65 on atm withdrawals..... Sincerly this is day light robbery by banks.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by jamace(m): 11:56am On Mar 05, 2016
Too many charges by banks these days. Whats up?
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by gudnex22(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
This thing is not funny any more. pls this should be on front page.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by TimationMARZ(m): 6:25am On Mar 06, 2016
I dont know firstbank's problem. I just got the alert . #100 gone! What is the meaning of that?
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Aimwest(m): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2016
I was really afraid yesterday when my mum call out my name as if end time don come finally then she showed me the alert that her account have been debited with #10000 unknowing to her it #100. Last bank no try at all for this kind thing o, they nearly got my mum fainted ni sha.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 5:20am On Mar 07, 2016
I weep for my country too.... No regulations .... No Sanctions.… i am going to slap someone at firstbank today.... Monday is finally here
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by ClickSis: 8:17am On Mar 07, 2016
dadebayo1:
I weep for my country too.... No regulations .... No Sanctions.… i am going to slap someone at firstbank today.... Monday is finally here

Success!! Please, let's know how it goes... grin cheesy
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
ClickSis:

Success!! Please, let's know how it goes... grin cheesy

They said it is a monthly maintenance fee with effect from february... Thats #1200 per year.. Bunch of thieves... Already thinking about porting all my savings to another bank... GOD save us in this country. Lots of things are not done properly..
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Druss(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Agreed. They didnt notify anybody. I too am now interesting in moving monies away from this bank. Standard Chartered is looking attractive at the moment. I dont get deducted for bizarre stuff.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
That is the point sir.. Why implement a policy without any prior notice to customers.... Yeye Board.

Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by ClickSis: 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
dadebayo1:

They said it is a monthly maintenance fee with effect from february... Thats #1200 per year.. Bunch of thieves... Already thinking about porting all my savings to another bank... GOD save us in this country. Lots of things are not done properly..

I heard something different though. Nonetheless, let's exercise some patience. I have been a loyal customer for a while and strongly believe the bank would not pass any outrageous debit into my account.

As earlier mentioned, my fingers are crossed and hoping for nothing but the best.

Cheers!
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Kx: 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
The power is in your hands, use it; except if all the banks are doing it.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Amhappy(f): 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
I got alert for account maintenance fee and another for monthly fee with vat on both charges. No prior information. This is daylight robbery.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by spencekat(m): 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
dadebayo1:

Yes sir i noticed that too...did you notice they also push vat to customers? Sms charges is another scam collection. They send all sorts of messages and still bill customers for the charges. Seems like i have had enough of their agbero deduction... Will definitely pull out my savings on monday...
Will do same next month being April.First bank is mad.Imagine repeating one SMS alert five times and still charge you five times in addition to the previous SMS.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 6:27am On Mar 08, 2016
spencekat:
Will do same next month being April.First bank is mad.Imagine repeating one SMS alert five times and still charge you five times in addition to the previous SMS.

All is well.….
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Eboski(m): 6:44am On Mar 08, 2016
the same thing happened to me also maybe I have to close my account with them, cus I have never for once receive such mgs from GTBANK...

Oga Mod Lasci

come and push this thread to front page for the whole world to see what firstbank is doing to their customers.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Eboski(m): 6:45am On Mar 08, 2016
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by tonzo(m): 8:58am On Mar 08, 2016
Mods where una o.kindly put this topic in front page
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by Druss(m): 11:48am On Mar 08, 2016
I am definitely going to move the money.
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
You guys should forward your complaints to CBN Customer Complaints Department (cpd@cbn.gov.ng) and copy(cc) First Bank (complaintsunit@firstbanknigeria.com) as well.

If you all don't show your grievances and First Bank gets away with it, other banks will implement same thing.

1 Like

Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
Sent a mail already.... Though i tried transferring my savings out of the bank today.. Porting all the way out before march deduction....
Re: Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice by dadebayo1(m): 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
Mail sent.... Copied cbn, firstbank, efcc and my humble self..... #RefundMyChange

(1) (2) (Reply)

I BUY Giftcards ( Itunes, Amazon) Fast Cashout / MAKING MONEY WITH ROYAL Q: ALL WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ROYAL Q / Mentor(s) Needed In Forex Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.