Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,121 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

Can Nigerian Men Cook? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Nigerian Men Cook? (13729 Views)

How To Cook Noodles That Everyone Will Want To Eat / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / The First Thing You Learned How To Cook And At What Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by okeey(m): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2009
yes coz we are having many dat can cook
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Maura(f): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2009
This is an interesting topic. My dad is a wonderful cook. so some Naija men can cook
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Leilah(f): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2009
Yeah I wish my hubby coudl cook. I mean I love cooking but I cant trust him to boil one pot of rice cos the pots get destroyed to th point where they have to be binned. I actually will not let him into the kitchen (not that he ever tries to enter it!) He cannot even make one pack of indomiewithout overcooking them to be like slop. VERY ANNOYING. So fair play to you guys who do like cooking. It can be interesting. Its better that constantly planking your arse in front of the TV wathing footballand guzzling beer. Thats why my hubbys colesterol is ver high now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Hauwa1: 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin

Leilah:

Yeah I wish my hubby coudl cook. I mean I love cooking but I cant trust him to boil one pot of rice cos the pots get destroyed to th point where they have to be binned. I actually will not let him into the kitchen (not that he ever tries to enter it!) He cannot even make one pack of indomiewithout overcooking them to be like slop. VERY ANNOYING. So fair play to you guys who do like cooking. It can be interesting. Its better that constantly planking your arse in front of the TV wathing footballand guzzling beer. Thats why my hubbys colesterol is ver high now.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ifyalways(f): 6:10pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Topic,Some of them can cook very well. . .better than females.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2009
I have said it be4 and ammo say it again, i am a man, a Nigeria and i can cook
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Mutee: 7:19am On Nov 16, 2009
Try me
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by chika98: 7:32am On Nov 16, 2009
I am yet to meet a man that can cook
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Winnergal(f): 2:46am On Nov 17, 2009
Those living abroad-Yeah!(no mama to cook for them . . .LOL)
Those in 9ja-Not many of them . . .
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by No2Atheism(m): 2:48am On Nov 17, 2009
Then you have not met someone like me . . . any woman that cannot cook better than me would not even be considered for the waiting list . . . .cus as far as cooking goes . . . this brother got skills grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Fhemmmy: 5:40am On Nov 17, 2009
Winnergal:

Those living abroad-Yeah!(no mama to cook for them . . .LOL)
Those in 9ja-Not many of them . . .

Well said . . . .
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Knight1(m): 8:08am On Nov 17, 2009
Lemme put it this way,
Those that can cook can cook weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll
And those that can't, OMG, even dog no go fit chop the food but naija men dey rep
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by gracema: 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
Yes ooo. Some of them really cook well.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by tanimz(f): 3:15am On Nov 19, 2009
U wan try my papa?!!
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Fhemmmy: 3:20am On Nov 19, 2009
Lol
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by echobee(f): 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
my papa cook pass my man, but my man cook beans pass me
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Fhemmmy: 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2009
echo- bee:

my papa cook pass my man, but my man cook beans pass me

So can u cook?
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by echobee(f): 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
why not? but remember say i cook pass u. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by tpiah: 3:41am On Apr 03, 2010
AdeRex:

My brother, abi new for nairaland O!  But, I can relate to you. 

Me, afit cook like mother fucker.  But, the number of pots wey I don burn; you no fit count am.  No be lie; one week no fit pass wey a nogo burn pot.  Football season, forget it.  A fit burn the hole house.

But to cook, a sabi cook better.  As long as ano burn de pot; a dey kampe!  All dis ppl way say man no fit cook.  for doty.  Not for me, not for my boys; a fit cook like five star hotel chef.  How I learn; I just watch my mama. A no-no weda my papa fit cook, but wen he come back from work, an him food no dey for table.  Wahala:  the whole house go see pepe. 

My sisters, for where.  Them no even sabi boil water.  If you want die, eat my sisters dem food.  A go visit one of my sisters.  Her husband say, him lucky O!  “Him get wife wey sabi cook.  I look this yeye man like, this one don crace.  A no fit even give my dog that kind food.  A no say na my sister toto dey shack am.  My sister no saby cook poo.

I relate with you.  If a no burn the pot; a de better!

so far on NL you have abused your mama, grandmama, and female siblings.

Interesting!!!!

the woman wey go end up with you had better be a witch!
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nwaka77: 3:33am On Apr 04, 2010
@Poster

Some can but do not expect them to once you marry them.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by eridah2007(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2010
@poster
Yeh,many can cook very well,even better than some of our 9ga women ,but as 4me,trust me,i can cook any thing and make it taste real gud. smiley
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by ihebrooke(m): 12:19am On Apr 13, 2010
Well, Nigerian men can cook,
I started cooking at age 12 and continued cooking until my mother had to chase me out of the kitchen cos my sisters left the whole thing to me.
I haven't had a girlfriend that could beat me to it. cheesy
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Aladunni(f): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2010
they won't lipsrsealed
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Smi1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2010
interesting thread by the way, i'm a good cook but i don't like " kitchens"
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2010
They can.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by sereques(m): 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2010
I am a great cook. Whatever I cook is always top notch and people wants more but I hate cooking.
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by harakiri(m): 2:29am On Apr 29, 2010
Which kain question be dis? I am yet to see a woman that cooks better than me .I cook better than my gf and she's an exceptional cook from Akwa ibom.I am Efik and i started out boiling eggs at the age of eight.By ten, i was boiling beans,rice and yam.By 12, i could grind,slice and dice ingredients for soup/stews and so on. . .by 15, i knew it all and not one person can tell me nada.I still experiment though. . .you know, look up meals online from other countries.I feel comfy eating food that i prepared myself than anyone else's so you will definitely not catch me dead eating in Tastee fried chicken!
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by chi21: 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2010
some of them can cook very good
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by mamagee3(f): 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2010
Very few Nigerian men can cook a really nice and tasty meal. . .

While most Nigerian men wait on their wives to cook and prepare their meals.

Cause they think men are not meant to cook, cooking should be for their wives.

The idea is ridiculous either way!
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by sophy09: 12:46am On Aug 22, 2010
My finace is a good cook, as in he really knows how to cook but the problem with him is that he likes to show it off. There are some food I cannot cook like moimoi and he is very good at that, but the annoying thing is how he rubs it in that he is a better cook than me angry
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by Torie8(f): 10:11am On Apr 16, 2020
tpiah:

so far on NL you have abused your mama, grandmama, and female siblings.

Interesting!!!!

the woman wey go end up with you had better be a witch!
lol haha grin
Re: Can Nigerian Men Cook? by aydelicious: 8:50am On Apr 18, 2020
yes ooh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Become Certified In PUBLIC RELATIONS. / Is Indomie Seasoning Really Carcinogenic? / Bournvita Or Milo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.