Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria (3054 Views)

Scarlett Johansson Biography News Facts / Scarlett Johansson May Get Record-setting Payday For Black Widow / Scarlett Johansson Named Top Grossing Actor Of 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 11:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
Saw this new still image of Captain America: Civil War depicting Scarlett Johansen (Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow) on top a vehicle and the scene looks like it was shot in Nigeria....looool!
But seriously even the buses and the facial expressions of the onlookers is a typical Nigerian setting.

#BlackWidowInOjuelegba

Source
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3482327040/rg784964352?ref_=rgmd_md_nxt

Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by Kenzico(m): 12:27am On Mar 05, 2016
Should we call this one Photo shopping or a Mannequin like Scarlet
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 7:05am On Mar 05, 2016
Kenzico:
Should we call this one Photo shopping or a Mannequin like Scarlet

You can check it out.
This the IMDb link.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3482327040/rg784964352?ref_=rgmd_md_nxt
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by wristbangle: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
Wetin scarlet johansen find come ojuelegba oo shocked
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by PoliticalThuG(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
Who is she? I dnt know her
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by hakinze00(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Who is she? I dnt know her
she is an actress,she acted black widow in the avengers movies
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by JasonWattz(m): 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
Do not get it twisted guys... That environment is a film set for Captain America: Civil War in downtown Atlanta. Its expected to be a Marvel fictional nation, Wakanda, where the Black Panther's from.

1 Like

Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
Bros that na downtown Atlanta.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by Ultimatesammie(m): 11:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nice Emily Vancamp wud be in this movie.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 06, 2016
LOL! Saw dis photo too & thought of asking about it in the MCU thread. I read somewhere that that particular scene in the movie actually takes place in 9ja.

I do think it's FANTASTIC PRODUCTION DESIGN though
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by JasonWattz(m): 6:18am On Mar 06, 2016
Ultimatesammie:
Nice Emily Vancamp wud be in this movie.
i think she'd make a perfect love interest for cap in this movie though.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 12:06am On May 05, 2016
shockwave91:
LOL! Saw dis photo too & thought of asking about it in the MCU thread. I read somewhere that that particular scene in the movie actually takes place in 9ja.

I do think it's FANTASTIC PRODUCTION DESIGN though

Yea, its been confirmed, its Lagos, Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 7:45am On May 05, 2016
donnameks:

Hahaha. When Buhari can't solve our problems, Avengers will.

1 Like

Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by spacyzuma(m): 3:21pm On May 05, 2016
When I watched this scene, I was so sure that it was shot in Lagos. It looked quite real.

However, it was actually shot in Atlanta, USA.

You have to give credit to the producers, set designers and fashion people. They made it look authentic.

1 Like

Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by Elparaiso(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2016
donnameks:

Yes, Nigeria.
But that is not your Nigeria, that is a film set in Atlanta that recreated Lagos.
Almost everyone there is American.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2016
spacyzuma:
When I watched this scene, I was so sure that it was shot in Lagos. It looked quite real.

However, it was actually shot in Atlanta, USA.

You have to give credit to the producers, set designers and fashion people. They made it look authentic.

Yea it was great, the Russos deserve a lot of credit.
Even as it was just set design, it shows that they did their homework.

PS: 'Black Panther' is from Nigeria
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by JasonWattz(m): 6:00pm On May 06, 2016
donnameks:

Negative, that Nigga is a Wakandan Royal Blood.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 7:10pm On May 06, 2016
donnameks:

black panther is from wakanda not Nigeria.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2016
parrotibaba:
black panther is from wakanda not Nigeria.
Nigeria

Have u seen the movie yet? According to the narrative of Civil War, Wakanda is in Nigeria.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2016
donnameks:
Nigeria

Have u seen the movie yet? According to the narrative of Civil War, Wakanda is in Nigeria.
Oga Wakanda is not Nigeria. Wakanda was shown in the mid scene credits where cap was hiding bucky with the permission of T'challa. Wakanda is probably located between South Africa and Tanzania in the cinematic universe.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 11:13pm On May 07, 2016
parrotibaba:
Oga Wakanda is not Nigeria. Wakanda was shown in the mid scene credits where cap was hiding bucky with the permission of T'challa. Wakanda is probably located between South Africa and Tanzania in the cinematic universe.
First off, Wakanda is kingdom and not a country. Its meant to be inferred from the information given since Nigeria was attacked and the King of Wakanda was the one responding to the attacks of 'Nigeria', his people.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2016
donnameks:

First off, Wakanda is kingdom and not a country. Its meant to be inferred from the information given since Nigeria was attacked and the King of Wakanda was the one responding to the attacks of 'Nigeria', his people.
First off, Wakanda is a country. Secondly wakanda is not in Nigeria, unless you are now saying that lagos is wakanda. Here is an except from the wakanda wiki page.

Wakanda being described as a country.

Wakanda is a fictional nation appearing in
American comic books published by Marvel Comics . It is the most prominent of several fictional African nations in the Marvel Universe, and it is home to the superhero Black Panther. Wakanda is located in Northeastern Africa

This is the first and only time wakanda was shown in civil war or in any MCU movies.

In the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), Wakanda is briefly shown on a map in Iron Man 2 and is mentioned in Avengers: Age of Ultron as the source nation of vibranium, but is portrayed for the first time in the final scene of
Captain America: Civil War , where Captain America takes refuge with Bucky Barnes.

Case closed.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 10:51am On May 08, 2016
parrotibaba:
First off, Wakanda is a country. Secondly wakanda is not in Nigeria, unless you are now saying that lagos is wakanda. Here is an except from the wakanda wiki page.

Wakanda being described as a country.

This is the first and only time wakanda was shown in civil war or in any MCU movies.

Case closed.

Marvel Cinematic Universe is quite different from the comics. Using facts from the comics doesn't prove what happened in Civil War cos the directors have the final say in what they decide to portray on the big screen.
Why would the King of Wakanda then condemn the attack on his 'people' when Lagos was attacked.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2016
donnameks:

Marvel Cinematic Universe is quite different from the comics. Using facts from the comics doesn't prove what happened in Civil War cos the directors have the final say in what they decide to portray on the big screen.
Why would the King of Wakanda then condemn the attack on his 'people' when Lagos was attacked.
I don't know why you are still arguing when there's nothing more to argue. The wakanda wiki page clearly stated that wakanda is a country and that it was shown only once in the movie, the place cap took bucky, and also that it is not lagos. Why don't you show me were wakanda was referred to as lagos instead of telling me what you think? Are you now more knowledgeable than the producers of the movie?.

For your info, Wakanda is the most developed nation in Africa in the MCU. The vibranium used in cap's shield was gotten from there.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2016
parrotibaba:
I don't know why you are still arguing when there's nothing more to argue. The wakanda wiki page clearly stated that wakanda is a country and that it was shown only once in the movie, the place cap took bucky, and also that it is not lagos. Why don't you show me were wakanda was referred to as lagos instead of telling me what you think? Are you now more knowledgeable than the producers of the movie?.

For your info, Wakanda is the most developed nation in Africa in the MCU. The vibranium used in cap's shield was gotten from there.

Stop bringing up comics issues here, I know wakanda is not in Nigeria in the comics but the directors chose to portray it as a part of Nigeria in the movie. And I never said it was Wakanda that was attacked, it was obviously Lagos but the King of Wakanda was the one responding for the attack on Lagos.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by GJames(m): 5:27pm On May 08, 2016
That's actually Atlanta just as Jasonwattz mentioned earlier. They had to make it look african and a Lagos setting came to mind

Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 5:44pm On May 08, 2016
donnameks:

Stop bringing up comics issues here, I know wakanda is not in Nigeria in the comics but the directors chose to portray it as a part of Nigeria in the movie. And I never said it was Wakanda that was attacked, it was obviously Lagos but the King of Wakanda was the one responding for the attack on Lagos.
What is wrong with this guy? Nigeria and Wakanda are not the same!!!!!! It's like saying that Sokovia is in Russia or Ukraine whereas it's a country on its own in the MCU. How many f'cking times will I say this? sad What's it with Nigerians and not accepting mistakes even when it's glaring them in the face? WTF!!! The movie followed the storyline, they didn't change anything. Lagos, Nigeria is different from Wakanda, what is hard to grasp there?!!! Abi you wan make I open ya head put the info inside? Unless the producers specifically said that Wakanda is in Nigeria then it's not in Nigeria. What part of "wakanda is portrayed for the first time in the final scene of
Captain America: Civil War , where Captain America takes refuge with Bucky Barnes." do you not understand? Is T'challa and T'chaka a Nigerian name?

Oga no the flog dead animal here, if you are going to yammer that garbage again please save us the stress by keeping it to yourself, it's that simple.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 7:01pm On May 08, 2016
parrotibaba:
What is wrong with this guy? Nigeria and Wakanda are not the same!!!!!! It's like saying that Sokovia is in Russia or Ukraine whereas it's a country on its own in the MCU. How many f'cking times will I say this? sad What's it with Nigerians and not accepting mistakes even when it's glaring them in the face? WTF!!! The movie followed the storyline, they didn't change anything. Lagos, Nigeria is different from Wakanda, what is hard to grasp there?!!! Abi you wan make I open ya head put the info inside? Unless the producers specifically said that Wakanda is in Nigeria then it's not in Nigeria. What part of "wakanda is portrayed for the first time in the final scene of
Captain America: Civil War , where Captain America takes refuge with Bucky Barnes." do you not understand? Is T'challa and T'chaka a Nigerian name?

Oga no the flog dead animal here, if you are going to yammer that garbage again please save us the stress by keeping it to yourself, it's that simple.

Dude, always try to listen to other people's opinion, don't always try to shove ur point of view down the throat of others. This is a review of the movie that clearly states that the people of Lagos, Nigeria are in fact Wakandans.

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-civil-war-best-scenes/?view=all

Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 7:53pm On May 08, 2016
donnameks:

Dude, always try to listen to other people's opinion, don't always try to shove ur point of view down the throat of others. This is a review of the movie that clearly states that the people of Lagos, Nigeria are in fact Wakandans.

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-civil-war-best-scenes/?view=all
Hahahahaha did you read what you just posted very well? He lost his Wakandan people during the opening act battle in Lagos, Nigeria. This never stated that Nigerians are Wakandans? The Wakandians which included his father, T'chaka was in the building that exploded which killed his father and other Wakandians hence the reason he was angry at bucky since bucky was framed for the attack.

Shey you know that Nigeria is actually in the marvel cinematic universe? She's a separate country from Wakanda, which is situated in West Africa while wakanda is located in North East Africa.

Bros seriously I don tire for your matter.
Re: Scarlett Johansen (natasha Romanoff/black Widow) In Nigeria by donnameks(m): 8:42pm On May 08, 2016
parrotibaba:
Hahahahaha did you read what you just posted very well? He lost his Wakandan people during the opening act battle in Lagos, Nigeria. This never stated that Nigerians are Wakandans? The Wakandians which included his father, T'chaka was in the building that exploded which killed his father and other Wakandians hence the reason he was angry at bucky since bucky was framed for the attack.

Shey you know that Nigeria is actually in the marvel cinematic universe? She's a separate country from Wakanda, which is situated in West Africa while wakanda is located in North East Africa.

Bros seriously I don tire for your matter.

The opening act battle being referred to here is the one in Lagos not the UN bombing and both Black Panther and his father were not at that scene.

(1) (Reply)

SBI MEDIA Plans Workshop To Empower Young Video Content Creators In Nigeria / BBNAIJA Things You Dont Know About Efe / DOWNLOAD: Mark Angel Comedy – Maths Teacher – (episode 118)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.