Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,386 members, 7,853,721 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

LAND Purchase In Benin, Edo State: Necessary Documents & Registration - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / LAND Purchase In Benin, Edo State: Necessary Documents & Registration (2311 Views)

Four Vital Documents To Prove Land Ownership / Flood Overwhelms Asaba, Destroys Official Documents, Files, Homes / Slow/Long Process of My Build: Land Purchase to Completed Home (Ibadan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAND Purchase In Benin, Edo State: Necessary Documents & Registration by NADP: 6:38am On Mar 05, 2016
I paid for a plot of land in Benin City and a lawyer is to prepare documents (I think Deed of assignment ) for ownership of the plot. As a novice in land and properties deals, I don't want to make any mistakes or create a loophole for long stories in the near future. This is why I've come to seek advice from you, the experienced ones on all necessary documents to be prepared by my lawyer, important information to be contained in the documents and relevant registration to be made.

Also, I intend to apply for Cof O and the beacons on the plot is community owned not from ministry of lands. Survey plan from a registered surveyor is needed for state recognition.

Please let me have your guide and processes involved.

Thank you.
Re: LAND Purchase In Benin, Edo State: Necessary Documents & Registration by BlissP(m): 7:47am On Mar 05, 2016
First, which community did u acquire the Land' the major problem we are having here in Benin isn't buying land,survey or seeking govt approval' but community settlement. Community differs with settlement' some community can collect as much 600,000 as dues on 100*100 plot of land, Some might even accept #200,000. I advice u don't play novice with them, else they take advantage of U"
If u bought ur land in a developing/developed area, I advice u source fund and lay urgent structure there, b4 they re-sell ur precious land.. it's not that bad though' congrats & goodluck.
Re: LAND Purchase In Benin, Edo State: Necessary Documents & Registration by NADP: 8:22am On Mar 05, 2016
BlissP:
First, which community did u acquire the Land' the major problem we are having here in Benin isn't buying land,survey or seeking govt approval' but community settlement. Community differs with settlement' some community can collect as much 600,000 as dues on 100*100 plot of land, Some might even accept #200,000. I advice u don't play novice with them, else they take advantage of U"
If u bought ur land in a developing/developed area, I advice u source fund and lay urgent structure there, b4 they re-sell ur precious land.. it's not that bad though' congrats & goodluck.

Thank you very much for the insight. The name of the community is Atagba community behind Ogba zoo.

I will go for the community settlement ASAP.

I'm open to further advice.

Thank you.
Re: LAND Purchase In Benin, Edo State: Necessary Documents & Registration by BlissP(m): 10:54am On Mar 05, 2016
NADP:

Thank you very much for the insight. The name of the community is Atagba community behind Ogba zoo.

I will go for the community settlement ASAP.

I'm open to further advice.

Thank you.
wlcm'. Nice location'. Going For settlement, try go with an elderly person and keep a low profile..
Re: LAND Purchase In Benin, Edo State: Necessary Documents & Registration by NADP: 2:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
Thanks once again

(1) (Reply)

4bedrm Bungalow Inside Thomas Estate Ajah Leeki For Sale 30m / Half Plot Of Land With Building Is For Sale @ Alakuko / 500acres Of Land Available For Sale. 5mins Drive Away From Companies Like Nestle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.