Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? (2713 Views)

My Twin Girls Often Kiss Each Other / After 17 Years Of Childlessness, Couple Loses Newborn Twin Babies In Auto Crash / My Twin Brother's Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
My wife put to bed a set of twin recently, a boy and a girl. They are our first. You can only try to imagine the joy we both feel about them - I, especially, as I always dreamt of fathering a set of twin since I was a teenager.

We've been very lucky as our mothers have always been around to tend to them and assist with other things. These babies always shortened their sleep despite each of our mothers tending to each twin all night. Sometimes, from our bedroom, I hear the cries of our babies signalling a long night to both grandmothers.

My mother returned last week and my wife's mother is returning next week. We are spending our first weekend alone with the babies as my mother-in-law is out all weekend to visit her in-laws before returning home.

I'm a businessman and have ample time for my family. I also have some church obligations that I've vowed to keep. I'm currently working on a new line of business and I need all the concentration I can get.

My problem is this: Last night wasn't funny at all, we barely slept straight one hour. I'm not really comfortable with the idea of a house help. Last night is a sign of things to happen in the coming weeks when my mother-in-law must have left. My duty to God, my family/family responsibilities and my business are the top three most important things to me right now.

How do I balance all these without being selfish or letting my babies slow me from fulfilling my duties? My wife is trying so hard to meet up and she's handling things well. But sometimes I feel her frustration.

If you've been in this kind of situation before how did you manage it?

Na who no open mouth talk dey die in silence.

HELP!!!
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by ThePeacemaker(m): 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
grin grin grin

SELL ONE undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by VickyRotex(f): 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
My mum and dad were in this exact situation when they had my twin brother and I.

I dont know how they managed it, but they coped. It all boils down to Synergy. That's what helped them, and that's what I believe would help you aswel.

Regards to wify and twinnies cool

3 Likes

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by VickyRotex(f): 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
grin grin grin

SELL ONE undecided undecided

And you be Peacemaker o angry angry
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by ThePeacemaker(m): 2:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
VickyRotex:

And you be Peacemaker o angry angry
That's exactly what I exhibited ''PEACE''

SELL ONE SO THE WONT BE LIKE PSQUARE grin

2 Likes

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
VickyRotex:
My mum and dad were in this exact situation when they had my twin brother and I.

I dont know how they managed it, but they coped. It all boils down to Synergy. That's what helped them, and that's what I believe would help you aswel.

Regards to wify and twinnies cool
Help me find out from them how they managed the situation o.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by nanalady(f): 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hehehe...u will cope,there's no particular formula or strategy..just make up your mind to be a loving father and hubby..to your wife and kids..
u can hire someone to do the main chores....while you take care of your babies...
wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by VickyRotex(f): 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
deekseen:
Help me find out from them how they managed the situation o.

Hehehehehe. Like someone just said, there's no particular strategy. What worked for my parents may not work for you.
Just synergize, you'll adjust and cope. It's okay for you to freak out like this at first, but with time, you will get used to managing your 3 major concerns. (Family, Church, Business)
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by VickyRotex(f): 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
That's exactly what I exhibited ''PEACE''

SELL ONE SO THE WONT BE LIKE PSQUARE grin

You're Evuuulll grin
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
nanalady:
Hehehe...u will cope,there's no particular formula or strategy..just make up your mind to be a loving father and hubby..to your wife and kids..
u can hire someone to do the main chores....while you take care of your babies...
wish you the best
The hardest part is the "forced vigil" at night. I can't hire someone to sleep with my babies.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by nanalady(f): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
deekseen:
The hardest part is the "forced vigil" at night. I can't hire someone to sleep with my babies.
ahh..no..what i mean is..u can hire someone to do the chores at home..eg washing clothes...etc,so that you and your wife are not stressed..
as for the vigil grin....there is nothing you can do about it...for the next 6months..infact you will get use to it

4 Likes

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by halfricanadian(f): 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
cry cry God i want twins too a boy and a girl please God hear my humble nl prayers grin
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by blessedtwins: 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
IMHO
U need a nanny ,if u r a gud husband
U need a nanny and maid if u r an exceptional husband
If u dont want u /wify to die slowly
wink

1 Like

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
First of all congratulations on your bundles of joy. I wish I had had boy girl twins. I know it's really hard right now but it will get better. As someone above said please hire a house help that comes during the day and leaves at 9pm. Let her do all cleaning, washing, tidying etc etc. So that your wife will just cook and focus on the babies until they get older and sleep through the night and are more manageable.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
As an expectant daddy,i still dont know how i will cope,cos i saw the stress my neighbour went tru for a year. And here you are,having twins. God that gave you,will give you the strength to cope.

1 Like

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by harbeordune(f): 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
U definitely need someone to assist with chores during the day. For the vigils, as a nursing father, u've got to adjust,since u av a private business, try catch some sleep during the day to make up for the vigils. Trust me, u will enjoy them.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by JustHere2Observ(f): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
Pele dear, just be patience, they will soon out grow all that in a couple of months. Congrats baba beji
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
blessedtwins:
IMHO U need a nanny ,if u r a gud husband U need a nanny and maid if u r an exceptional husband If u dont want u /wify to die slowly wink
Nanny and maid? We Will try.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
fem29:
First of all congratulations on your bundles of joy. I wish I had had boy girl twins. I know it's really hard right now but it will get better. As someone above said please hire a house help that comes during the day and leaves at 9pm. Let her do all cleaning, washing, tidying etc etc. So that your wife will just cook and focus on the babies until they get older and sleep through the night and are more manageable.
Thank you.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
Yomieluv:
As an expectant daddy,i still dont know how i will cope,cos i saw the stress my neighbour went tru for a year. And here you are,having twins. God that gave you,will give you the strength to cope.
Amen and thanks.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
harbeordune:
U definitely need someone to assist with chores during the day. For the vigils, as a nursing father, u've got to adjust,since u av a private business, try catch some sleep during the day to make up for the vigils. Trust me, u will enjoy them.
Definitely.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 7:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
Pele dear, just be patience, they will soon out grow all that in a couple of months. Congrats baba beji
My dear, I just wish they could start talking soon. It's not easy trying to guess what they want at night.

3 Likes

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by VickyRotex(f): 7:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
halfricanadian:
cry cry God i want twins too a boy and a girl please God here my humble nl prayers grin

How can God "here" your humble nl prayers?

Na yyoke o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by halfricanadian(f): 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
VickyRotex:

How can God "here" your humble nl prayers?

Na yyoke o cheesy

Hear i meant tank u kiss kiss
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by VickyRotex(f): 7:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
halfricanadian:

Hear i meant tank u kiss kiss

You're welcome kiss kiss smiley
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by VickyRotex(f): 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

Can he also be Jonathan? undecided

It's a joking sturvv o grin
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by babygirlfl: 7:03am On Mar 06, 2016
fem29:

Hello fem. long time. How are the cute twins doing?
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 06, 2016
babygirlfl:

Hello fem. long time. How are the cute twins doing?

Hi hun. It's been a while smiley. How are you and the family. We are ok here in Jesus name oooo. Been in a bit of a funk but feeling better now.

1 Like

Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by deekseen(m): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
fem29:

Hi hun. It's been a while smiley. How are you and the family. We are ok here in Jesus name oooo. Been in a bit of a funk but feeling better now.
Oh, you had a set of twin too? What sex? How old are they? In fact, I should be getting tips from you. Congratulations o!
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
deekseen:
Oh, you had a set of twin too? What sex? How old are they? In fact, I should be getting tips from you. Congratulations o!

Yess ooo smiley.Thanks. They are 5 now. It has been a tough journey cos there is no help here but at least in Nigeria you can get as help affordably. My advice is get as much help as possible and take them out to do activities as much as possible to tire them out . Though actually getting out of the house is a military operation.
Re: Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? by babygirlfl: 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
fem29:

Fine thanks. Yes its been a while. a bit busy at the moment. Family is fine. Glad you are fine. Look after yourself and the girls for us as always.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your View On Divorce? / She Loves Him But Feels Inferior!! / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.