Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Black/white? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Black/white? (10597 Views)

What Do You Call Colour Red, Black, White Etc In Your Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black/white? by IndianBwoy(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
If Somalians are not black, then what are Indians like me?

My reference is to this thread I came across on Nairaland Forum: https://www.nairaland.com/2969874/horn-africans-not-black
Re: Black/white? by Wulfruna(f): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
I'm sorry I don't quite follow. Did you think Indians were black?

1 Like

Re: Black/white? by IndianBwoy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
No but I thought Somalians are black.
Re: Black/white? by Wulfruna(f): 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
Oh, okay I see. When you added 'then what are Indians like me?' it was a bit confusing.
Re: Black/white? by IndianBwoy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Oh ok. Its well.
Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
We Somalis are not BLACKS... like Sri Lankan, South Indian as they have same dark skins like black's skins.

Somalis don't have black features like other West Africans.

Somalis/ Ethiopians/ Eritreans are Afro Asiatic race.

Horn of African are Hamitic which part of Caucasoid race.

West African, Central African, Southeast African and Southern African are Negroids race considered BLACK.

As Somalis we had slaves, and they were Bantu (Negroids) which is related to you guys of West Africa.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black/white? by IndianBwoy(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
I see Somalis everyday here in U.A.E . They are all black skinned.

2 Likes

Re: Black/white? by IndianBwoy(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
We Indians are whiter than you Somalians.
Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
SomaliGuy7:
We Somalis are not BLACKS... like Sri Lankan, South Indian as they have same dark skins like black's skins.

West African, Central African, Southeast African and Southern African are Negroids race considered BLACK.

As Somalis we had slaves, and they were Bantu (Negroids) which is related to you guys of West Africa.

Arabs also used to keep Somalis and Ethiopians as slaves.

3 Likes

Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
IndianBwoy:
We Indians are whiter than you Somalians.

I'm not saying we Somalis are "white" but we don't consider ourselves as the BLACK features which negroids bantu have like wide nose, hard hair, big lips grin

Do you consider South Indians as black? Some defo look like East African people.

2 Likes

Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
Here are Somali people.

2 Likes

Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
TruthHurts1:

The Arabs kept Habashi people like Ethiopians/Eriteans as Slaves NOT the Somalis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black/white? by Naomite(f): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
I can smell racism
Dis will definitely start a racial e-war.

None of my biz tho. Just passing

1 Like

Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
SomaliGuy7:

The Arabs kept Habashi people like Ethiopians/Eriteans as Slaves NOT the Somalis.

Despite calls to ban Somali domestic workers from working in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, it remains unclear whether the Saudi government which had been slammed by human rights organizations for its treatment of domestic workers, largely from Africa and Asia is in cahoots with the Somali authorities over the recruitment issue.

“Sending our girls to Saudi Arabia is totally wrong due to abuses by the employers,” said Mohamud Ahmed Nur, the former Mogadishu mayor.

“Our ladies are the symbol of our integrity; therefore I am calling for the [Somali] government not repeat that mistake of sending our ladies to Saudi Arabia before they are thrown off tall buildings or have their legs tied up like slaves.” He said.

Among the countries that recently banned its citizens from working in Saudi Arabia is Indonesia after two maids from the country were beheaded for murder in Saudi Arabia.

Some of the former domestic workers described their work conditions ‘grim’ with employers forced them to work extra hours, and at some point deprived them of sleep time.

“It felt like I was in a prison – the daily work was endless and you would be subject to any abuses at any given time.” said Zainab Abdirashid who left her employment in 2011, after her employer woman broke her index finger with cane she used to beat her.

“It was totally unbearable.” she said sadly.

She warned Somali government of sending Somali women to Saudi Arabia.

As the news of abuses emerged, Somalis around the world took to the social media, calling Somali government to return the domestic workers already sent to Saudi or bear the responsibility of any human rights violations committed against them.

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2016/Jan/103860/despite_abuses_saudi_arabia_aims_to_recruit_15000_somali_maids.aspx

1 Like

Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Somali women are kept as sex slaves in Yemen and Saudi Arabia.

These photos were taken in a neighbourhood in Aden , Yemen where many of the Somali female migrants who come to Yemen seeking work end up. Most of these photos show Somali prostitutes gathering in a slum house in al-Basateen neighbourhood of the southern Yemeni port city of Aden . This is a tragedy created by greed , warlords , religious extremism and clan wars in Somalia . Men bear the blame of the creation of the suffering of the Somali women Worldwide…
Photo credit: REUTERS/Khaled Abdullah

http://manabolyo.com/many-somali-female-refugees-in-yemen-end-up-as-sex-slaves-graphic-photos/

2 Likes

Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Somali women are kept as sex slaves in Yemen and Saudi Arabia.

These photos were taken in a neighbourhood in Aden , Yemen where many of the Somali female migrants who come to Yemen seeking work end up. Most of these photos show Somali prostitutes gathering in a slum house in al-Basateen neighbourhood of the southern Yemeni port city of Aden . This is a tragedy created by greed , warlords , religious extremism and clan wars in Somalia . Men bear the blame of the creation of the suffering of the Somali women Worldwide…
Photo credit: REUTERS/Khaled Abdullah

http://manabolyo.com/many-somali-female-refugees-in-yemen-end-up-as-sex-slaves-graphic-photos/

WHY DID YOUR PEOPLE (NEGROIDS) SELL SLAVES TO WHITES?

IS IT BECAUSE YOUR FOREFATHERS FORESAW THE CRIMINALITY OF THESE PEOPLE LONG AGO THROUGH VODOO MAGIC? grin grin

IF YOUR FOREFATHERS SOLD THEM BASED ON THIS, DID THEY ALSO SEE NIGERIANS AS BECOMING THE NUMBER 1 SCAM ARTISTS IN THE WORLD PER CAPITA? grin grin

IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME WOULD YOU CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF SLAVERY? grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
SomaliGuy7:

IS IT BECAUSE YOUR FOREFATHERS FORESAW THE CRIMINALITY OF THESE PEOPLE LONG AGO THROUGH VODOO MAGIC? grin grin

IF YOUR FOREFATHERS SOLD THEM BASED ON THIS, DID THEY ALSO SEE NIGERIANS AS BECOMING THE NUMBER 1 SCAM ARTISTS IN THE WORLD PER CAPITA? grin grin

IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME WOULD YOU CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF SLAVERY? grin grin

But Somalis are also slaves along with us. We're very happy to be slaves with our brother Somalis grin

4 Likes

Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 10:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
Naomite:
I can smell racism
Dis will definitely start a racial e-war.

None of my biz tho. Just passing

Your sense of smell is sharper than that of a bloodhound grin wink
Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
SomaliGuy7:

[size=24pt]“In Yemen there is a social class of people called ‘the servants,’ who have usually come from Somalia or other African countries, [/size]who live in a stage of bondage and are very widely disregarded in society,” said Christoph Wilcke, a senior researcher at Human Rights Watch’s Middle East and North Africa Division.

“It has to do with dark skin, being foreign and living in poverty or in debt.”

http://www.jpost.com/Features/In-Thespotlight/Hundreds-of-slaves-discovered-in-Yemen
Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
TruthHurts1:

[size=24pt]“In Yemen there is a social class of people called ‘the servants,’ who have usually come from Somalia or other African countries, [/size]who live in a stage of bondage and are very widely disregarded in society,” said Christoph Wilcke, a senior researcher at Human Rights Watch’s Middle East and North Africa Division.

“It has to do with dark skin, being foreign and living in poverty or in debt.”

http://www.jpost.com/Features/In-Thespotlight/Hundreds-of-slaves-discovered-in-Yemen

YEMENIS ARE SEEKING REFUGEE IN SOMALIA.

OVER 70,000 YEMENIS HAVE CROSSED THE GULF OF ADEN IN SMALL BOATS TO GET TO SOMALIA

THERE ARE NOW IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.

SOMALI AND YEMENIS ARE BROTHERS.

YOU LOT NIGERIANS BANTU AKA NEGROIDS SHOULD MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32152698

2 Likes

Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
SomaliGuy7:

YEMENIS ARE SEEKING REFUGEE IN SOMALIA.

OVER 70,000 YEMENIS HAVE CROSSED THE GULF OF ADEN IN SMALL BOATS TO GET TO SOMALIA

THERE ARE NOW IN MOGADISHU, SOMALIA.

SOMALI AND YEMENIS ARE BROTHERS.

YOU LOT NIGERIANS BANTU AKA NEGROIDS SHOULD MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32152698

Somalian sex slave in Saudi Arabia and the son she had for her Arabian master

1 Like

Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 10:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Somalian sex slave in Saudi Arabia and the son she had for her Arabian master

HAHAHAHA grin

THAT WOMAN DON'T LOOK SOMALI grin

THEY DEFINITELY ARE NOT ETHIC SOMALIS.

THEY ARE CALLED SOMALI BANTU. THEY CLAIM TO BE SOMALI BUT THEY BELONG TO YOU GUYS OF WEST AFRICA.

1 Like

Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
SomaliGuy7:

HAHAHAHA grin

THAT WOMAN DON'T LOOK SOMALI grin

THEY DEFINITELY ARE NOT ETHIC SOMALIS.

THEY ARE CALLED SOMALI BANTU. THEY CLAIM TO BE SOMALI BUT THEY BELONG TO YOU GUYS OF WEST AFRICA.

She is from the Hawiye Clan.
Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 11:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
TruthHurts1:

She is from the Hawiye Clan.

LOL grin grin

I'M HAWIYE.

SHE'S DEFINITELY NOT SOMALI. grin

1 Like

Re: Black/white? by TruthHurts1(m): 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
SomaliGuy7:

LOL grin grin

I'M HAWIYE.

SHE'S DEFINITELY NOT SOMALI. grin

Oh so she's related to you? That makes a lot of sense. But why are you Somalis so dumb?

On July 20, 2015, a fighter in Syria called Abu Anas Somali advised men to come to the Islamic State and buy a slave instead of taking a wife in the West.

Re: Black/white? by 14(m): 3:20am On Mar 06, 2016
Ethiopians, somalis, eritrians, northern Sudan, all those countries people are a mixed breed, blacks and arabs. We just dont know when it really happened. it could be 2000yrs ago or even 3000yrs ago. Or as a results of black africans being rãped by arabs. Thats the reason Somalis and kenyans are so different from each others but they are neighbours. why are germans not different from Dutch? you dont need a rocket scientist to come to that conclussion that people from the horn of africa are a mixed breed, they cannot be 100% black africans.

we cannot say the same about arabs who are in north africa, because we know they came from middle east via egypt and Libya, they are not the origins of Africa.They know it themselves that their origins is middle east. Actualy they are settlers. No historic connection with the area they are based, except egypt with its pyramid, but there is still that arguement of who really built the pyramids, is it black africans or arabs. Arabs could have come there and found the Pyramids there already.

Even the sudanese consider themselves Arabs, hence the seperation between sudan and south sudan, Sudan consider itself as an arab country and South sudan as a black african country.
Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 7:28am On Mar 06, 2016
14:
Ethiopians, somalis, eritrians, northern Sudan, all those countries people are a mixed breed, blacks and arabs. We just dont know when it really happened. it could be 2000yrs ago or even 3000yrs ago. Or as a results of black africans being rãped by arabs. Thats the reason Somalis and kenyans are so different from each others but they are neighbours. why are germans not different from Dutch? you dont need a rocket scientist to come to that conclussion that people from the horn of africa are a mixed breed, they cannot be 100% black africans.

we cannot say the same about arabs who are in north africa, because we know they came from middle east via egypt and Libya, they are not the origins of Africa.They know it themselves that their origins is middle east. Actualy they are settlers. No historic connection with the area they are based, except egypt with its pyramid, but there is still that arguement of who really built the pyramids, is it black africans or arabs. Arabs could have come there and found the Pyramids there already.

Even the sudanese consider themselves Arabs, hence the seperation between sudan and south sudan, Sudan consider itself as an arab country and South sudan as a black african country.

No arab mixed, no Indian mixed.
You should seriously consider checking the genetics of Somalis.
They have E1b1b Y-DNA which originated from Eastern Africa, whereas it's concentrated in Somalia like 90 to 100%.
This same DNA is found in the balkans, North Africans and some parts of West Asia but only a small proportion. This should give you a picture that Somalis are not really mixed.

And there isn't a Cushite blood or race or even ancestry, Cushite is a language group, not people.
No Egypt blood or anything else, Somalis are Somalis. Though as I said before, the lower part of Egypt does share some Y-DNA as Somalis but only a small proportion. Check this image to get a good picture of what I'm talking about

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Y_Hap_EM-78.PNG

2 Likes

Re: Black/white? by Naomite(f): 11:00am On Mar 06, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Your sense of smell is sharper than that of a bloodhound grin wink
Absolutely grin
Re: Black/white? by LeSudAfricaine: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2016
SomaliGuy7:

KaNaan, the somali rapper, has all the black you can find

2 Likes

Re: Black/white? by Wulfruna(f): 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
KaNaan, the somali rapper, has all the black you can find

First time I saw him, before I knew he was Somali, I thought he was a Caribbean black or something.

1 Like

Re: Black/white? by LeSudAfricaine: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
Wulfruna:

First time I saw him, before I knew he was Somali, I thought he was a Caribbean black or something.
exactly, all the Somali Nairalanders i've encountered have this "we are better than you cause we ain't black" attitude wich is annoying AF, is like we something to gain if they consider themselves black, I myself couldnt care less if they consider themselves maroon or somethin' , Africans are diverse, I'm South African but i can easily spot someone from West Africa or East, it doesnt make less black

1 Like

Re: Black/white? by SomaliGuy7(m): 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
exactly, all the Somali Nairalanders i've encountered have this "we are better than you cause we ain't black" attitude wich is annoying AF, is like we something to gain if they consider themselves black, I myself couldnt care less if they consider themselves maroon or somethin' , Africans are diverse, I'm South African but i can easily spot someone from West Africa or East, it doesnt make less black

I consider myself SOMALI. That is what my ethnicity is.

you should google or talk to somalis. Somalis consider themselves Somalis, and not BLACK or WHITE or ARAB.

This goes for Ethiopians and Eritreans. We don't look like blacks nor do we look like arabs or whites.

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(PHOTO) "The Abobaku Of Ooni Of Ife Found And Will Be Buried Alongside The King" / When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? / I Never Asked Eze Igbo To Leave Calabar - Obong Warns Mischief Makers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.