Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own (3118 Views)

How Do I Stop My Android Phone From Downloading Apps Once I Switch On My Network / The Infinix Android Is 2016 Android Phone With Best Camera Quality / Phone Unecessary Downloading Apps. Plz Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by JacksonD7: 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
There's something new I've noticed on my android. Sometimes, when I turn my data on the phone automatically downloads some funny apps without permission. Most of the apps appear as system files with names such as Battery Control,Backup Tool,Monkey Test,Time Service, Google Ads etc.Sometimes it even downloads full apps such as Apus Launcher,Calculator, Browsers,games etc.

Also,some of the apps do nothing besides filling my screen with ads. The most annoying part is that some of these apps can't be uninstalled. It's gotten so bad that when I open the default android browser it automatically opens an ad website called newtrafficserver  <><<.com which redirects to play store or downloads apps. This happens every time I launch the browser even if I minimise. This site can open up to five tabs at once when I launch the browser. Because of this I had to update UC Browser and it can't download some files properly.

Though, the browser part started when I downloaded an app from play store called AnkiDroid. It's a spaced repetition learning (SRL) app.It's good for learning languages and studying for exams. I clicked the help link and that's how my browser got condemned.
Anyway, I want to know if anyone else has problems similar to this and suggestions on how to fix it. Thanks.

Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by BluePearls(m): 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
most likely a malware and downloading apps from unknown sources leaves your phone vulnerable to different kinds of malware like the one you're experiencing. Best solution is to flash a stock rom.
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by Obatechnologies(m): 7:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
Brother you infected with the virus called Alarm controller. Bro it's really stubborn. Even if you format your Android it's still the same. I just conquered the virus yesterday.
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by ify2nyce(f): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
Obatechnologies:
Brother you infected with the virus called Alarm controller. Bro it's really stubborn. Even if you format your Android it's still the same. I just conquered the virus yesterday.
him or his phone cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by badonkadonk: 2:23am On Mar 06, 2016
Bruv.. Arrange am better antivirus like gdata and uninstall any app that comes with ads..

After dat u should be good to go..
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by badonkadonk: 2:24am On Mar 06, 2016
ify2nyce:
him or his phone cheesy

Very wikid of u.. grin
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 06, 2016
End time phone

Go flash your phone.my tekno G9 just came from that same sugery and woking fine now
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by Warlord3000(m): 7:35am On Mar 06, 2016
Ghost push virus..

I doubt if factory reset will do it for you.. Might need to flash the stock rom of the phone afresh
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by jayauthentic(m): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2016
@Op.. i think what you meant to write is "update" not "install". If this is the case then launch playstore, goto settings, then autoupdate apps and disable autoupdate.
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by Kizyte(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2016
JacksonD7:
There's something new I've noticed on my android. Sometimes, when I turn my data on the phone automatically downloads some funny apps without permission...
Your phone has been compromised. Try flashing your rom, if you can't do that, take it to an expert who will help you.
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by Osyxcel(m): 11:49am On Mar 06, 2016
Malware. You can remove the malware, but it's tedious and takes a lot of time and not 100% guaranteed. The best solution is to flash a stock ROM.
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by JacksonD7: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
Obatechnologies:

Yes, Alarm controller is one of the apps bugging me how did you conquer it?.
Re: My Android Is Downloading Apps On Its Own by Emmysteve(m): 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
I lost my Tecno G9 because of this same problem. Its frustrating. I took it for them to flash it but it didn't work. I spent a lot on the phone before selling it at 7k.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Days Does Credit Loaded With *126*1*pin# On Airtel Use / Glo Introduces New Freebies : Glo Jumbo Sim & Glo Everyday Bonanza / Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.