Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation (777 Views)

16 Most Powerful Militaries In Africa. Nigeria Ranked As 5th / Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by cbjonstage(m): 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2009
According to news report, out of the 15 most failed nations surveyed was carried out, ten were African nations. these include Somalia (1st), Zimbabwe (2nd), Sudan (3rd), Chad (4th), Dem. Rep. of Congo (5th), Central African Rep. (8th), Guinea (9th), Ivory Coast (11th), Kenya (14th), and Nigeria (15th). The position of our dear nation shows that we are rated among red zones, that our society is vulnerable to failure, but not TOTAL FAILURE oh. its a sign that the area is dangerous and could experience violence sooner.

States Research Centre defines a “failed state” as a condition of “state collapse” – i.e., a state that can no longer perform its basic security and development functions and that has no effective control over its territory. No doubt that such definition typifies d kinda system of our government

the best five nations, which were described in this report as having the most sustainable state include Norway (177), Finland (176), Sweden (175), Switzerland (174), and Ireland (173). Ghana, Ghana yesterday emerged the best state in Africa, ranked 124 and classified as moderate state. We nid to go back to our drawing board to adopt mitigating strategies for a sustainable development
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by Horus(m): 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ghana yesterday emerged the best state in Africa

Ghana deserve it.
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by DrDWelz(m): 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2009
Very pathetic, isn't it?
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by mccloud224(m): 12:48am On Jul 19, 2009
Ghana the best African country?

Kai!!! We don really fall.Not so long ago, these people flooded Nigeria as immigrants.Took up jobs as teachers,civil servants and artisans.Nigeria was the new America for them.Today, we no even get mouth where dem they.They don't even want us there.So many colleagues of mine have relocated to Ghana, some don build house for there sef.Now i understand.This geopolitical joke called Nigeria is doomed.
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by yommyuk: 1:45am On Jul 19, 2009
a very worrying trend. embarassed
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by Beaf: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2009
The Niger Delta oil slavery is the reason Nigeria is there.
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by Nnenna1(f): 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2009
Beaf:

The Niger Delta oil slavery is the reason Nigeria is there.

I agree. Weird that Kenya is rated this badly as well - I understand the election riots are a reason, but I did not expect for it to do so poorly.

Is Ghana rated the best out of subsaharan Africa or out of Africa (North Africa inclusive)?

Observations aside, I guess these lists are a necessary evil for a kick in the pants. But how necessary?

Without them we fare just as badly undecided
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by RSA(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2009
@ Poster please attach the source,want to see the full report.
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by morpheus24: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2009
Ghana deserve it 100%.They have been making extremely good strides towards a well structured society. Kudo's tothem

I can also remember back in the day when there were a lot of ghanaians in Nigeria growing up. Infact 90% of my primary shcool teachers were gahanian and dem sabi flog person no be small.
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by mccloud224(m): 2:26am On Jul 24, 2009
I pray the oil in the south finishes so the country disintegrates.It's inevitable.It cant be prevented.The country is already a dysfunctional state.The only glue keeping the "nation" together is the greed of a selected few to suck the resources dry.
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by ikennahill: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2009
dont be suprise.we are not supposed to be 15th,they made mistake,
Governors jump to PDP, to ANPP,etc from abc to cba,

there is politics in location of everything,ajaokuta,PTI,millitary schools,etc

There is politics in health sector,medical doctors want everything and fight others from improving,go to some optometry clinics in govt.hospital you see only trial csae,but when they go abroad for medical check up they use slit lamps ,authorefractors,phoropthers,prismbars,mordern ophthalmoscope,keratometre,etc,go to dept of medical lab science,they lack modern equipment,the pathologist who is a medical doctor is trying to use force with the help of medical doctors controlled ministry of health to  control another profession,tell me why will medical doctors be administrators,when they are not trained to be one.They stop memo from reaching others, they hide memo that will benefit others,they interprete memos,letter to suit their profession,the engineers,teachers,clergies,etc keep quite,some dont even know what is happening.some know and say  whats my bussiness.The same thing is happening in Niger delta today and in few yrs to come only God know what will happen.It happened during civil war,it happened with the recent haram boka crisis in maiduguri,
I  picked a single sector-health,so check out others so who say we are 15th,we are not better than zimbabwe,if mugabe leaves Zimbabwe today, that country will change positively.

soon Nigeria will die(usa and sony okosun said this even before now)
Re: 9ja Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nation by champredd(m): 10:46am On Aug 03, 2009
Nigeria is still in early development stage due to external interference following "independence". She will regain her balance and rise to glory in recent times

(1) (Reply)

Kenya 'expels Hate Cleric Abdullah Al-faisal To Gambia' / Libya : The Hidden Truth / Israel Arm-twisting Obama To Go To War With Iran?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.