Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. (70815 Views)

Man Dies After Consuming 1000mg Of Tramadol In Benue State / JSS Student Who Took 10 Tablets Of Tramadol Dies In Abia / NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
tetradollar:
To see the warning against the use of Tramadol and its risks enumerated by NAFDAC,
kindly follow this link: http://www.ozoneviews.com/2016/01/public-notice-health-risks-of-using.html

The usual practice of taking Tramadol as pain reliever among adults is gradually taking a different turn as it is now discovered that Tramadol is being administered to children below 18 years of age. According to NAFDAC, the US-FDA has discovered that the use of Tramadol in children below 18 years of age may result in a rare but serious case of slowed or difficulty in breathing.

The risk associated with the use of Tramadol for pain treatment after surgery may be increased when removing tonsils and or adenoids. Tramadol is a type of narcotic drug known as opioid that is approved to treat moderate to moderately severe pains in adults. Tramadol is packaged under various product names in combination with the pain reliever Acetaminophen and as generic.
The general public are hereby informed that Tramadol is not approved for use in children. According to data available to US-FDA, it was discovered that Tramadol is sold "off-label" in the pediatric population.

However, some conscious measures are recommended for prescribers and patients to curb the increasing rate of Tramadol use in children. These measures include the following:

We hope that by this notice, the general public will no longer fall victims of indulging in harmful and dangerous use of Tramadol in children as this may cause severe damages to our beloved children's health.
The healthcare professionals should be aware of this and consider prescribing an alternate approved pain reliever for children.
The parents and caregivers of children taking Tramadol who notice any possible signs of slow or shallow breathing, difficult or noisy breathing, confusion or unusual sleepiness should immediately stop administering Tramadol and seek immediate medical attention.

Endeavour to report any adverse eventsor side effects related to the use of Tramadol in children to NAFDAC PRASCOR system via Adverse Events Report forms or through text messages to 20543 or send e-mail to pharmacovigilance@nafdac.gov.ng
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by blaxx: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Here in the U.A.E it has become common usage among the youth.

Also this tablet called Lyrical
lyrical must be the street name. what's it's it's official name?
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Sike(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
A word Is enough for the wise.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Painpill:

Lol nah he isn't bleeped(yet), its all in the mind, if he wants to quit he'd quit. The options would help him, cos its not about wanting to stop(this is easy) but actually succeeding. If you stop and the withdrawal syndrome hits you madly from the running nose to the unbearable insomnia to the restless feet and many more, you'd just grab the closest pill and pop so you wouldn't have to go through all that and you're back to phase one. And the cycle continues....

That's just how it is with substance abuse actually, whichever drug it is. You either keep going, or you stop and hit the ground roughly once and for all.
can't he just lock himself up. I believe hunger can help at times hence I suggested fasting and prayers
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Goodnuel: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
stop encouraging them, drugs will always Remain drugs.
He is right.. too much of everything is bad.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
coollabman:

The usual practice of taking Tramadol as pain reliever among adults is gradually taking a different turn as it is now discovered that Tramadol is being administered to children below 18 years of age. According to NAFDAC, the US-FDA has discovered that the use of Tramadol in children below 18 years of age may result in a rare but serious case of slowed or difficulty in breathing.

The risk associated with the use of Tramadol for pain treatment after surgery may be increased when removing tonsils and or adenoids. Tramadol is a type of narcotic drug known as opioid that is approved to treat moderate to moderately severe pains in adults. Tramadol is packaged under various product names in combination with the pain reliever Acetaminophen and as generic.
The general public are hereby informed that Tramadol is not approved for use in children. According to data available to US-FDA, it was discovered that Tramadol is sold "off-label" in the pediatric population.

However, some conscious measures are recommended for prescribers and patients to curb the increasing rate of Tramadol use in children. These measures include the following:

We hope that by this notice, the general public will no longer fall victims of indulging in harmful and dangerous use of Tramadol in children as this may cause severe damages to our beloved children's health.
The healthcare professionals should be aware of this and consider prescribing an alternate approved pain reliever for children.
The parents and caregivers of children taking Tramadol who notice any possible signs of slow or shallow breathing, difficult or noisy breathing, confusion or unusual sleepiness should immediately stop administering Tramadol and seek immediate medical attention.

Endeavour to report any adverse eventsor side effects related to the use of Tramadol in children to NAFDAC PRASCOR system via Adverse Events Report forms or through text messages to 20543 or send e-mail to pharmacovigilance@nafdac.gov.ng
Maybe we should have the name of the drug itself . I mean the brand name eg Panadol etc .if we know it product name then Nigerians will be on the look out
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by IndianBwoy(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
blaxx:

lyrical must be the street name. what's it's it's official name?

Im not sure. Thats wat we call it.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by oluamid(m): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:

I have been hearing horrible stories about how northerners are drug abusers . Someone said they sniff shoe gums and stuffs like that. Abeg pls give us first hand info

Addicts are everywhere though there seems to be a lot more people sniffing all sorts of weird things in the North. They sniff anything just to get 'high'. Back when I still lived in Kano, I saw people sniffing stuff like gum, shoe polish, florescent bulbs (those long white ones), soak-away pit (I almost had an heart attack when I saw this), insecticides (Raid and morteim), weed/igbo (they chew this one like meat), cocaine and heroine. Basically all government owned schools were converted to a drug den in the late afternoons and evenings.

You see a lot of crazy young people walking around who were normal just weeks ago. A lot of addicts die when they can't afford to buy the drugs. I really wish the state governments could do more in curbing hard drugs in the north. I wouldn't be surprised if drug abuse have a link to the breeding of gangs and terrorists (at least in Kano).

5 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Goodnuel: 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:
how can someone be smoking iron sponge "
impossible is nothing bro grin.

I know someone who inhale a toilet. This happened in my secondary school.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Goodnuel: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
healthable:
My silly, lazy almost useless kid brother mixes it with different types of alcohol and sleeps from 9pm to 2pm the following day worse thing the idio.t won't eat
Loll.. Good for u as u get to save food. Times r hard sef grin
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:

Maybe we should have the name of the drug itself . I mean the brand name eg Panadol etc .if we know it product name then Nigerians will be on the look out

tramadol is the name of the drug itself. its trade names are Ryzolt, Tramal, Ultram
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Montaque(m): 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I'm sorry but this just doesn't add up, and the juveniles you worry about are already using the Internet, so they can pretty much get their hands on anything.

I'd really like to know how a person smokes iron sponge.
Young woman. You won't get that info from me.
Visit Sokoto or zamfara.

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Ekii(f): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
I fear this drug... The first and last time I took it, it was as if all the strength in me had left me. I couldn't even stand to wash ordinary plates. I was like a wet vegetable. I took it because, I had headache only to feel like a complete invalid.

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by chulo132(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
Mix the tramadol with sk and smoke that sh!t.. the feeling is priceless.

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
oluamid:

I saw people sniffing stuffs like gum, shoe polish, florescence bulbs (those long white ones), soak-away pit (I almost had an heart attack when I saw this), insecticides (Raid and morteim), weed/igbo (they chew this one like meat), cocaine and heroine.

Scary shocked
How do u legislate against the sniffing of fluorescent powder or soak away pit
Very soon ,they will be sniffing ladies pants and bras

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by sweetcocoa(f): 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
Montaque:

Young woman. You won't get that info from me.
Visit Sokoto or zamfara.
Nigga quit making up stories jor.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by sweetcocoa(f): 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:

Scary shocked
How do u legislate against the sniffing of fluorescent powder or soak away pit
Very soon ,they will be sniffing ladies pants and bras
Believe that and you are on your way to believing anything.

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by 3kay945(m): 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hmmm, youth of nowadays.... I fear o.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
I was given a card containing 12 tablets when I extracted a tooth two years ago. I always got high an hour after popping the pill, I had to discontinue after the 4th tablet. A friend came in some days later to wish me well, he saw the pills and was so elated when I told him he could have it. Druggies. Anything beyond weed and alcohol doesn't make sense to me. People should be cautious by getting high the proper way. It doesn't have to to be every time so that the relatively safe substances don't lose their efficacy.

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Montaque(m): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Nigga quit making up stories jor.

OK. Just remember. The day u get a corroboration, seek me out and apologize. OK?

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by sweetcocoa(f): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
Montaque:

OK. Just remember. The day u get a corroboration, seek me out and apologize. OK?
That day's not coming.

If what you are saying is true, then you'd tell it all.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by yoksy(f): 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
I hope d addict read n learn to help their future
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by rottenegg: 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2016
Thank God I grew in the era of weed and weed only!
Scrambled brains, dead lungs and destroyed kidneys are the in thing at Teaching hospitals nationwide.
Stick to weed, its safer.

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by kullozone(m): 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
I used to take a whole sachet of 120mg of tramadol a day.. Was so sweet until I passed out. I woke up tied with a rope on a hospital bed. Infact when they narrated what I did ehn, I stayed indoors for almost a month because of shame.
After i stopped breathing,everybody thought I was dead. They started crying but I woke again and started acting like a mad man.. Didn't even recognize anyone, according to them.
It was hard for me to quit though because I had gone so deep in abusing it. There were days that I even took more than a sachet.
I still passed out 4 more times sha grin before I finally gave up on it. It wasn't easy oh. It has serious withdrawal symptoms for real.
Sweet but one can easily get addicted to it.

My tramadol story. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nyceguy92: 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
[quote author=coollabman post=43519762]

Behind the sweetness, often, is death.
Use, abuse, and experimentation with drugs is more rampant in the North.

These guys guzzler Valium in quantum amounts.
They sniff vulcanising solution.

During harvest season, they take Pemoline for extra strength.
I hear the cattle rearers give it to their cattle to make them walk long distances.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by suyamasta(m): 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
kenbee:
What's the right dose for fair users?
below or exactly 50 mg is ok
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by hikmojj(m): 5:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tramadol is no longer an OTC drug.... it is now a prescription drug
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
dominique:
This could be the reason why kidney, liver diseases and cancers are on the rise. So many drugs are being abused. When I was much younger you just can't stroll into a pharmacy and get certain drugs without a written prescription. Nowadays where roadside chemists peddling fake drugs are the norm, I doubt if such rule can hold any water.

Which period are you referring to because since time imoriver, u can buy 'all' drugs from chemists without prescription. Infact they mix all kinds of coloured pills for everyday illnesses like malaria, cold, etc.its called 'mixing' cheesy

As for fake drugs, there are more fake drugs in the 90s than now courtesy Nafdac.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by osaxestpeace(m): 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
Guy you sabi am wella o! Aspa the way you called it, tramol..... How many mlg do you take?
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by osaxestpeace(m): 6:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
The day i tried it....I almost vomited my tongue.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by BrightEye(m): 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
comradee1248:
I m right now an addict I've been looking for escape but can't find any, pls how did u succeed? for me leaving it just like that is not possible unless professionally treated

I am also an addict, who couldnt find a way to escape. I use at least 200 mg a day.

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by healthable: 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
Goodnuel:
Loll.. Good for u as u get to save food. Times r hard sef grin

Lol save ke? The guy dey waste am. He won't warm or cover it until it will get sour angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? / Christabel Dies After Plastic Surgery, Friends Confront Doctor (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.