Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. (70768 Views)

Man Dies After Consuming 1000mg Of Tramadol In Benue State / JSS Student Who Took 10 Tablets Of Tramadol Dies In Abia / NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by cutebobo(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
I use it when I have a lot of books to read without sleeping.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by tottinova: 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2016
coollabman:
Tramadol is an opiod pain medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. When taken as an immediate-release oral formulation, the onset of pain relief usually occurs within about an hour. Tramadol is a type of strong opiod that works on the nervous system and brain to reduce the feel of pain. There are many different forms, strengths and brands of tramadol. Some forms and brands start working quickly to ease the pain, while others release the tramadol they contain more slowly, over several hours, to provide a constant and more even pain control. These are called ”modified-release” and often have ‘XL’ ‘SR’ or ’24hr’ in front of the brand name.

Why is tramadol abused?

Apart from its pain relieving effects, tramadol has been discovered to give a feeling of euphoric high when taken in large quantity. When opiods like tramadol are mixed with alcohol, it increases the effects of the alcohol.
Toyosi Ogunjobi, a 19-year-old public secondary school student in Lagos, who is into the abuse of the drug told The Nation that he mixes tramadol with alcohol when he wants to engage in manual labour. He claims it allows him to work harder and longer but that if he takes the mixture without working, it weakens him.

Gabriel Oladoye, a 21 year-old undergraduate of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta also admits to abusing tramadol. To him, tramadol serves as an aphrodisiac. He says he normally takes the drug few minutes before sex and it enables him last longer and perform better in bed.

Bode, a 27 year-old liquor seller says mixing tramadol with Bullet alcohol drink helps him last longer during intercourse, since he normally suffers from premature ejaculation. He shared an experience in which he engaged in intercourse all night with a commercial sex worker after taking tramadol with ‘Bullet’. He said they had marathon sex all night, but confessed that he had to visit the clinic during the day, when he began experiencing pains on his manhood. The doctor, after checking him up for infections, warned him to desist from such medications and marathon sex, as he was lucky not to have ruptured his tissues.

Effects of tramadol abuse

Although tramadol is an over-the-counter medication, its abuse can cause some undesirable effects similar to those of other opiates, such as dizziness, weakness, sleepiness, insomnia, headache, shaking, heartburn, panic attacks, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, itching, sweating and dry mouth.

According to Adekunle Adeseye of Ariset Medical Hospital, tramadol belongs to a family of analgesic and it is actually a synthetic opiod. He said it can lead to addiction like other opiods such as morphine, cocaine and the rest. Some of its other side-effects include light-headedness, serious vomiting and even sedation, as it is narcotic in nature.

Dr. Jude Okonkwo, a medical practitioner at Medicare Hospital Ota, added that overdosing on the drugs can make some people experience difficulty in breathing; and that once addicted to the drugs, abusers won’t be able to function well without the drug, as it has neurological side-effects.

Asked to confirm the claims that the drug has aphrodasic effects and also gives extra strength, Dr. Okonkwo said “Those claims could be true, as it is a narcotic. It heightens the senses, but its effects vary from persons to persons. Abusing the drug has more” negative effects than any perceived positive.
He advised that abusers-turned addicts should stop and youths who take it for recreation because of its euphoric effect should stop as well; as drugs should only be taken on doctor’s prescription.

When asked how the increase in tramadol abuse can be curbed, he advised that parents and guardians should tutor their wards more on the hazards of drug abuse. He also wants the government to place serious sanctions and restrictions on the use of the medication.

www.thenationonlineng.net/the-use-and-abuse-of-tramadol/

Oo, I need a drug that will mke me not feel pain and also give me strength
Something like tramasharp

3 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Montaque(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:

I have been hearing horrible stories about how northerners are drug abusers . Someone said they sniff shoe gums and stuffs like that. Abeg pls give us first hand info
They smoked all sorts of things. If u visit the barracks, you will be surprised at the substances people are introducing into their system. Imagine smoking iron sponge and that material vulcanisers use to patch leaked tube. Horrible I will say.
Cigarette n marijuana smokers are ususally small boys of 14 and under.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by bodyloveghetto(m): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
see confession, btw I hate drugss
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
I was here. midehi2 are u here?
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by aprokomania(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
hmm
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
Montaque:

They smoked all sorts of things. If u visit the barracks, you will be surprised at the substances people are introducing into their system. Imagine smoking iron sponge and that material vulcanisers use to patch leaked tube. Horrible I will say.
Cigarette n marijuana smokers are ususally small boys of 14 and under.
how can someone be smoking iron sponge "

3 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Abukc(m): 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tramol with alabukun insde kasapreko
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by funarosho(m): 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
coollabman:
Tramadol is an opiod pain medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. When taken as an immediate-release oral formulation, the onset of pain relief usually occurs within about an hour. Tramadol is a type of strong opiod that works on the nervous system and brain to reduce the feel of pain. There are many different forms, strengths and brands of tramadol. Some forms and brands start working quickly to ease the pain, while others release the tramadol they contain more slowly, over several hours, to provide a constant and more even pain control. These are called ”modified-release” and often have ‘XL’ ‘SR’ or ’24hr’ in front of the brand name.

Why is tramadol abused?

Apart from its pain relieving effects, tramadol has been discovered to give a feeling of euphoric high when taken in large quantity. When opiods like tramadol are mixed with alcohol, it increases the effects of the alcohol.
Toyosi Ogunjobi, a 19-year-old public secondary school student in Lagos, who is into the abuse of the drug told The Nation that he mixes tramadol with alcohol when he wants to engage in manual labour. He claims it allows him to work harder and longer but that if he takes the mixture without working, it weakens him.

Gabriel Oladoye, a 21 year-old undergraduate of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta also admits to abusing tramadol. To him, tramadol serves as an aphrodisiac. He says he normally takes the drug few minutes before sex and it enables him last longer and perform better in bed.

Bode, a 27 year-old liquor seller says mixing tramadol with Bullet alcohol drink helps him last longer during intercourse, since he normally suffers from premature ejaculation. He shared an experience in which he engaged in intercourse all night with a commercial sex worker after taking tramadol with ‘Bullet’. He said they had marathon sex all night, but confessed that he had to visit the clinic during the day, when he began experiencing pains on his manhood. The doctor, after checking him up for infections, warned him to desist from such medications and marathon sex, as he was lucky not to have ruptured his tissues.

Effects of tramadol abuse

Although tramadol is an over-the-counter medication, its abuse can cause some undesirable effects similar to those of other opiates, such as dizziness, weakness, sleepiness, insomnia, headache, shaking, heartburn, panic attacks, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, itching, sweating and dry mouth.

According to Adekunle Adeseye of Ariset Medical Hospital, tramadol belongs to a family of analgesic and it is actually a synthetic opiod. He said it can lead to addiction like other opiods such as morphine, cocaine and the rest. Some of its other side-effects include light-headedness, serious vomiting and even sedation, as it is narcotic in nature.

Dr. Jude Okonkwo, a medical practitioner at Medicare Hospital Ota, added that overdosing on the drugs can make some people experience difficulty in breathing; and that once addicted to the drugs, abusers won’t be able to function well without the drug, as it has neurological side-effects.

Asked to confirm the claims that the drug has aphrodasic effects and also gives extra strength, Dr. Okonkwo said “Those claims could be true, as it is a narcotic. It heightens the senses, but its effects vary from persons to persons. Abusing the drug has more” negative effects than any perceived positive.
He advised that abusers-turned addicts should stop and youths who take it for recreation because of its euphoric effect should stop as well; as drugs should only be taken on doctor’s prescription.

When asked how the increase in tramadol abuse can be curbed, he advised that parents and guardians should tutor their wards more on the hazards of drug abuse. He also wants the government to place serious sanctions and restrictions on the use of the medication.

www.thenationonlineng.net/the-use-and-abuse-of-tramadol/
just finished using one now not for anything bt for d severe pain in my two legs. I sweat ND feel week anyway bt d pain is gone
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by MARKone(m): 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
comradee1248:
I m right now an addict I've been looking for escape but can't find any, pls how did u succeed? for me leaving it just like that is not possible unless professionally treated

What does it do for you, do you get high on it or for sex enhancement, what would make you be an addict on Tramadol. A pharmacist some years back, prescribed the drug as pain reliever for me, the drug messed my entire day up, even with my body weight, it was as if I was floating in a bad way. Had to throw away the remaining. You can stop it if you want, it starts from the mind.

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by healthable: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
My silly, lazy almost useless kid brother mixes it with different types of alcohol and sleeps from 9pm to 2pm the following day worse thing the idio.t won't eat

3 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by gbaskiboy: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
McCarlito:
Ordinary Cough syrup is abused and the price still keeps getting higher and higher... talk less of Tramadol..... angry angry angry
Most parents don't have access to Coughlin Syrub for their kids because boys dey drink am say e dey high... Come be say na tramadol abi na tramol
COFLIN grin
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by healthable: 2:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
benjaminben:
I will tell my brother to stop it. Even though I have warned him against it b4

Mine doesn't listen to advise
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Rilwayne001: 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
I need to try this shiît out cheesy
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by xxgig(m): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
MARKone:

What does it do for you, do you get high on it or for sex enhancement, what would make you be an addict on Tramadol. A pharmacist some years back, prescribed the drug as pain reliever for me, the drug messed my entire day up, even with my body weight, it was as if I was floating in a bad way. Had to throw away the remaining. You can stop it if you want, it starts from the mind.

I had a similar experience. But second time it was prescribed it was a lesser dose (50mg per day) with capsules for blood twice daily for 5days. I have on my own used the twice. And on both occasion, I both occasions I cut out the dose I require and destroy the rest.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Desyree: 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
TRAMADOL. I only used this drug when i was suffering from migraine and my doctor prescribed it. other anagelsic could'nt fit my system because i had ulcer.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Kunzu(m): 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2016
My neighbor(married woman) don turn dis Trama to ordinary tablet like Vitamin C.
She broke down(became sick) last week, and she couldn't carry a bag. I really pity her no be small.
Trama na bad tablets. E no go for d body.
If u get ear make u listen ooo

2 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Mayorjr(m): 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
And i reading all your comments
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by ogaontop(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
This Tramadol Is Something Else, What Of Lexotan?
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nche95(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
comradee1248:
I m right now an addict I've been looking for escape but can't find any, pls how did u succeed? for me leaving it just like that is not possible unless professionally treated
wha do you use it for?? ♧studying?
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by sweetcocoa(f): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:
I thought I'm the only one wondering o. Iron sponge of all things.

Small time we'll hear that people smoke charcoal or ash.

3 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Montaque(m): 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:

It was a girl that was smoking it. I don't want to describe cos of juveniles on the forum. Devil is really a pervert.

4 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I

Small time we'll hear that people smoke charcoal or ash.
Ppl are already smoking this in some places .

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by midehi2(f): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
figo05:
I was here. midehi2 are u here?
grin
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by sweetcocoa(f): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
onatisi:

Ppl are already smoking this in some places .
Yea right.cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by fotadmowmend(m): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
peer influence youth and drugs..... I came across dis drug recently and searched the internet for its uses .... I was so disappointed
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by sweetcocoa(f): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
Montaque:

It was a girl that was smoking it. I don't want to describe cos of juveniles on the forum. Devil is really a pervert.
I'm sorry but this just doesn't add up, and the juveniles you worry about are already using the Internet, so they can pretty much get their hands on anything.

I'd really like to know how a person smokes iron sponge.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by 9ja4show: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
shamecurls:
Its also a major cause of accidents on our roads cos if you mix it with petrol, You car electronics, gas pedal and brake will stop working on top speed and such car will head for the rocks. It intoxicates car engines.

You need to take this drugs because you nor well

4 Likes

Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
midehi2:
grin
Sir Figo05 and midehi I see una o. undecided
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
ogaontop:
This Tramadol Is Something Else, What Of Lexotan?
That is only a tranquilizer and besides it is restricted to doctors prescription .but this tramadol is sold over the counter to anyone that is the real danger about it
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by teeastute(m): 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
Let's just minimize the intake, it's dangerous.
Re: The Use And Abuse Of Tramadol. by onatisi(m): 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I'm sorry but this just doesn't add up, and the juveniles you worry about are already using the Internet, so they can pretty much get their hands on anything.

I'd really like to know how a person smokes iron sponge.
Ur questions get as e be oo. Abi ur iron sponges don dey miss for house

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) / Samsu Oil For Delayed Ejaculation / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.