Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Any Pastor That Ask For Tithe Is A Con Artist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Pastor That Ask For Tithe Is A Con Artist. (1292 Views)

Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / "Any RCCG Pastor That Is Not Humble Wasn't Ordained By Me" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Pastor That Ask For Tithe Is A Con Artist. by dukecharles(m): 10:21am On Mar 06, 2016
Tithing as it were is not a new convant practice, any pastor who collects tithe is a con artist. Pastors are supposed to be priests not by levitical priesthood which collects tithe , but by christ priesthood who doesn't need tithe.
It isn't recorded in the Bible that anyone paid tithe to christ or his disciples, so why should our present pastors ask people to pay tithe?
Jesus mentioned tithing 3 places in the new testament cf. Mat 23 vs 23' Luke 11vs 42 and Luke 18 vs 12. He condemned the tithe. To think that christ supports tithing is to think he supportes sabbath as it were.
Christ supports a sincere offering cf Mark 12 vs 41 (widows might) not giving 10% because of a set law.
The Bible called the practice of tithe old and weak law which is not perfect and has been set aside cf Hebrew 7 vs 7..18, 25. Beloved be wise and love God.
Please don't take my word for it, pray and ask for the Holy Spirit who is the source of all supernatural enlightenment, and meditate on the above scriptural verses for God's illumination on the matter . Enjoy your Sunday.
Re: Any Pastor That Ask For Tithe Is A Con Artist. by Gcares(m): 10:47am On Mar 06, 2016
Tithing is an acknowledgement of the operations of the Blessing of Abraham upon a Christians life. It is totally scriptural. For Achurch leader to compel, manipulate or intimidate fellow Christians into paying tithes is what is totally unacceptable and unscriptural. Please get that right. Shalom.
Re: Any Pastor That Ask For Tithe Is A Con Artist. by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 06, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Any Pastor That Ask For Tithe Is A Con Artist. by dukecharles(m): 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
Gcares:
Tithing is an acknowledgement of the operations of the Blessing of Abraham upon a Christians life. It is totally scriptural. For Achurch leader to compel, manipulate or intimidate fellow Christians into paying tithes is what is totally unacceptable and unscriptural. Please get that right. Shalom.

Read Hebrew 7 till the end, you will get a better insight about Abrahams tithing to melkizediek. Moreover, Abraham paid tithe with loots from war not from his income.
Re: Any Pastor That Ask For Tithe Is A Con Artist. by Ken4Christ: 12:53am On Mar 07, 2016
dukecharles:
Tithing as it were is not a new convant practice, any pastor who collects tithe is a con artist. Pastors are supposed to be priests not by levitical priesthood which collects tithe , but by christ priesthood who doesn't need tithe.
It isn't recorded in the Bible that anyone paid tithe to christ or his disciples, so why should our present pastors ask people to pay tithe?
Jesus mentioned tithing 3 places in the new testament cf. Mat 23 vs 23' Luke 11vs 42 and Luke 18 vs 12. He condemned the tithe. To think that christ supports tithing is to think he supportes sabbath as it were.
Christ supports a sincere offering cf Mark 12 vs 41 (widows might) not giving 10% because of a set law.
The Bible called the practice of tithe old and weak law which is not perfect and has been set aside cf Hebrew 7 vs 7..18, 25. Beloved be wise and love God.
Please don't take my word for it, pray and ask for the Holy Spirit who is the source of all supernatural enlightenment, and meditate on the above scriptural verses for God's illumination on the matter . Enjoy your Sunday.

Yes, Jesus did not receive tithe from anyone neither did he command anyone to give him tithe but he did ask us to make sacrifices even more demanding than tithe.

Let’s look at two of such instances; In Luke 12:33, he says, “Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.” T[/i]he only difference here from tithe is that it is directed to the poor. if Jesus cares enough for the poor and demands we should liquidate our properties to help them, do you think he care less about his ministers who are called to serve him?

Remember, when he sent his disciple out to preach he said, “Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat” [i]
(Matthew 10:9-10). You will agree with me that it will even take more than 10% of the people’s income to take care of these disciples that Jesus sent out. Our Lord Jesus expects the people the disciples minister to take care of every logistics of feeding, clothing and even housing of the preachers. This obviously will take much more than 10% to accomplish.

Our Lord Jesus didn’t talk much about tithe because it is far below his doctrinal standard. Jesus demands close to 100% and we are complaining about tithe which is 10%.

To buttress my point, here his conversation with a rich young ruler;

And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.”[/i] (Mark 10:17-22)

You see that the demand of Jesus is far higher than tithe. Remember the early church practiced it. “And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.”[i]
Acts 2:44-45.

However this grace seems to have disappeared in the church. How many believers are even willing to give 5% of their earning to help the poor? The fact that the New Testament did not talk much about tithe should not discourage the practice of it. It started before the law was given and it transcends the law in principle. Since, it is not common to see anyone practice the instruction of Jesus on giving, then we should stick to at least 10% and get the blessing. The truth is that, the more you give, the more you are blessed.

So, don’t discourage those who are already paying 10% of their income, rather encourage them to give more. God loves a cheerful and a bountiful giver.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Pastor That Ask For Tithe Is A Con Artist. by Nobody: 4:11am On Mar 07, 2016
The laws, and all sacrifices under the old testament ( and tithe was part of sacrifices) are a shadow of the new covenant of Christ. The thing that tithing (and the rest of the offerings) foreshadowed can be known, by its intended purpose.

The purpose of tithing was one - that there may be meat in the hoouse/temple of God (in which levites and priests who were not given inheritance together with the other tribes got their provisions) They did not have land.

Malachi 3:10 |
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house...

So what tithe foreshadowed, just like the other sacrifices, can be determined from its purpose. Provision.

Translated to the new testament, which has no physical temple or a tribe without inheritance, whose provision is it to be? And, in what form, because the temple of God, where this provision was needed before physically, has now become the individual Christian... and we have become a royal priesthood

1 Corinthians 6:19 |
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

A priesthood we are, that offers, not physical sacrifices as before, but spiritual offerings...

1 Peter 2:5 |
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

So you are the temple, and also the priest who was before sustained by tithe. So what is the meat, the tithes of the new temple? What is the provision of the new temple? A provision which is now a spiritual meat for the priests? And do our modern pastors even qualify as priests and levites in the new spiritual temple? I'll let you judge.

(1) (Reply)

Most Active Christian Whatsapp / I Will Kill All Muslims If You....... / Olorun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.