Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Christianity; The Reason For Science - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity; The Reason For Science (19911 Views)

Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack / Exposing Christianity; The Truth About "Jesus Christ" / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 12:40am On Mar 08, 2016
ifenes:

How old are you?
Old enough to learn, unlearn and re-learn. wink

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by ifenes(m): 12:44am On Mar 08, 2016
winner01:
Old enough to learn, unlearn and re-learn. wink

Picture? Let me see if you are no granpa smiley
Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 12:45am On Mar 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Roftl grin grin grin .. bro this ape tweeted "lmao " - He couldn't even wait to magically transform into a human first .
grin grin grin grin It might prefer its current state grin grin grin Ape magic grin grin Really having a good laugh tonight grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 12:49am On Mar 08, 2016
ifenes:

Picture? Let me see if you are no granpa smiley
I used to have my picture here na, but not anymore. Except maybe i'm high on something strange, like your stories grin grin grin.

Lets see your picture first, i'd love to know where these stories come out from. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:58am On Mar 08, 2016
ifenes:

Which makes it another allegory you wished to create. Does it make it true?

Europeans created Christianity based on their image and environment.

Lmao ...

You clearly said that the bible was copied from other books that recorded alien invasion as the ancient alien astronaut sought for gold , today Christianity was created based on the European image and environment

Remember , your popular question was : Why was God walking on the Garden of Eden

Plus if the Europeans created the Christianity based on their image and environment , how come the events took place in a Middle Eastern country undecided Middle eastern countries , their people , image and culture are at variance with the European people and culture .

At least when you prevaricate , do it sensibly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by ifenes(m): 1:08am On Mar 08, 2016
winner01:
I used to have my picture here na, but not anymore. Except maybe i'm high on something strange, like your stories grin grin grin.

Lets see your picture first, i'd love to know where these stories come out from. grin grin grin grin

Buy books,or make Google your friend.

You have nothing to fear if you read.Except you fear your belief might be affected.

My picture? I am too ugly

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:16am On Mar 08, 2016
winner01:
grin grin grin grin It might prefer its current state grin grin grin Ape magic grin grin Really having a good laugh tonight grin grin grin grin

grin grin Me too ... there was no Champ League , so the evolutionists like cloudgoddess and conspiracy theory dilettantes like ifeness entertained us . Fools entertain Royals with their folly and puerile gibberish wink cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by ifenes(m): 1:16am On Mar 08, 2016
Ordered the top one. Best book for anyone to have.

I study before making claims. I don't fabricated Lack of knowledge will keep you in hell/darkness/ignorance/religion/christianity

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:20am On Mar 08, 2016
ifenes:

You have nothing to fear if you read.Except you fear your belief might be affected.

Christians write books about their revelations and testimonies , atheists call them lies and accuse them of trying to sell books with false stories . Books are written - comparing the Bible and astrology , the atheist tells you to buy them to gain knowledge

Logic and reason murdered in Cold blood

Ive seen your picture , you have Iheanacho's shape of head . I dey lie ? But why are you into white girls wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by ifenes(m): 1:27am On Mar 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Christians write books about their revelations and testimonies , atheists call them lies and accuse them of trying to sell books with false stories . Books are written - comparing the Bible and astrology , the atheist tells you to buy them to gain knowledge

Logic and reason murdered in Cold blood

Ive seen your picture , you have Iheanacho's shape of head . I dey lie ? But why are you into white girls wink

Christianity is based on lies. These guys don't worship the stars,moon etc. They are Atheist like me who know Christianity is based on pagan worship and were hell bent on proving it.

Yes the bible makes no logic sense and is a big lie. However the lies are deeply rooted in Paganism

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:38am On Mar 08, 2016
ifenes:

Christianity is based on lies. These guys don't worship the stars,moon etc. They are Atheist like me who know Christianity is based on pagan worship and were hell bent on proving it.

Yes the bible makes no logic sense and is a big lie. However the lies are deeply rooted in Paganism

When someone flounders as he tries to understand the Logic of God and Everything , he describes his own existence as a lie . Until you understand the Logic of God and Everything you will never extricate yourself from the quagmire of Conspiracy Theory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by virginboy1(m): 7:28am On Mar 08, 2016
winner01:
Let me not make the obvious assumption that someone accused me of earlier. But seriously, that line is stale and has been overused. Come up with something new, would ya? wink
Where were you 1000 years ago?

I hope you won't consider this stale also.

"Coming from a baby puzzled Christian"
Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 10:30am On Mar 08, 2016
virginboy1:

Where were you 1000 years ago?
Good question!!!. I was waiting to be called into being by the creator.
I have always existed and have been called into being now.
That is why I am a human. Be-ing.

"Before I formed you in the belly I knew you..." - God

virginboy1:

I hope you won't consider this stale also.
Actually i do, the normal line is "You did not exist 1000 years ago, you will cease to exist after you die"

Really, i find this view myopic, A view that proclaims that we are here and thats it. A view that proclaims that humanity is just an unplanned accident.
Can you then logically explain the point of living in a world full of suffering?.

virginboy1:

"Coming from a baby puzzled Christian"
http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets
Thank me later.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2016
ifenes:

Yeah, another atheist myth. Christians dont read.

Well, I'm yet to find a worldview that will match the one described in the Bible.
"Even the style of the Scriptures is more than human" - Sir Richard Steele

I guess thats why it stands up to 21st century criticism.

Tell me more about the annunaki, i want to be high on something this morning. grin grin
Maybe then i can show my picture. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
winner01:
You do worship a god. It might be women, money, alcohol, yourself or any other thing.
You do not need to asked to worship anything, you were born a worshipper. You need to really think deep and see the world for what it is.

Brilliant response

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by UyiIredia(m): 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
Francis Bacon, father of the scientific method once said, 'A little philosophy inclined a man's heart to atheism but depth of philosophy leads him to religion.'

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by Richirich713: 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
It's no coincidence that the greatest scientist to ever live was a Christian who strongly believed in the bible.

When atheists die and go to the next life, they can give newton a call and tell him he was unscientific, stup1d and irrational for believing in God.

But Newton probably just going to repeat what he already said about atheists in the 17th century "....................................."And then he's probably going to laugh at them again like he did hundreds of years ago.

Who knows, Newton might be laughing at atheists right now, he probably been laughing at them since the 17th century.

#Atheism-is-senseless

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
Richirich713:
It's no coincidence that the greatest scientist to ever live was a Christian who strongly believed in the bible.

When atheists die and go to the next life, they can give newton a call and tell him he was unscientific, stup1d and irrational for believing in God.

But Newton probably just going to repeat what he already said about atheists in the 17th century "....................................."And then he's probably going to laugh at them again like he did hundreds of years ago.

Who knows, Newton might be laughing at atheists right now, he probably been laughing at them since the 17th century.

#Atheism-is-senseless
cloudgoddess would disagree with you by calling Newton a pseudoscientist. Even though no 'real' scientist has ever observed a set of species changing into another (removing a key word - observation - from the defination of science), she has faith that evolution must be true. She'll solidify her points by citing several instances of adaptation (micro-evolution) - a simple characteristic of a living organism and then pass that off as macro-evolution.

I want to agree with Alvin Toffler who said "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Brilliant response
Thanks bro.!!
Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by bxcode(m): 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
The more they try to put God out of the equation, the more he shows them that he is God. Nobody can take the place of the creator with mere books and theories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by cloudgoddess(f): 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
winner01:
cloudgoddess would disagree with you by calling Newton a pseudoscientist. Even though no 'real' scientist has ever observed a set of species changing into another (removing a key word - observation - from the defination of science), she has faith that evolution must be true. She'll solidify her points by citing several instances of adaptation (micro-evolution) - a simple characteristic of a living organism and then pass that off as macro-evolution.

I want to agree with Alvin Toffler who said "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn"
There is no distinction between microevolution and macroevolution in biology. They are both the exact same process, on different time scales. Evolutionary processes that occur within 100 years will produce much more subtle changes than those that have had 1 million years to occur. There is nothing difficult to understand about this. There is no point where an organism stops evolving because "if it kept going it would become a different 'kind' (which also isn't a real thing in biology, species are organized by taxa which are all interrelated) and that's against the bible". Nature is not bound to the rules of your bible. Mutation, genetic inheritence, and selection do not work that way, and either you know it doesn't and are trolling, or you are genuinely lacking in some vital part of your science education.

In the case of the latter, I can direct you to several biology textbooks so that you can study this topic in further detail. If you don't want to study, and are instead interested in continuing to spread lies and mislead your fellow Nigerians, then stop mentioning me and simply continue your dishonest and/or delusional postings. You can continue on your disturbing quest for deception as the world of actual science continues on without confused ideas like yours having any impact on their research (thank goodness).

2 Likes

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 09, 2016
I am not concerned with this phenomena or that observation. I want to know how God created the universe.

-- Albert Einstein.

Actually, Christianity isn't the reason for science at all. that assumption is false. CURIOSITY, more likely, is the reason for science.

Islam has had it's fair share of powerful scientists too. so has Hinduism, and Atheism, And deism, and Hellenism, Literally every Religion(or lack thereof) in the world has had Powerful Scientists who subscribed to it. and the one thing that binds them all together is their immense curiosity and thirst for knowledge. Not their religious beliefs, or any belief whatsoever.

Stating Christianity to be the reason for all scientific research is honestly an insult to scientists from other religions(or lack thereof) and It won't make them Christians or even remotely sympathetic to christian ideals.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 09, 2016
Richirich713:

#Atheism-is-senseless
That wouldn't be the first or the last mistake that Newton made about the Universe.

Also, He's 300 plus years old, man. he would have found EVERYTHING(okay, maybe not everything exactly) we do today, to be senseless. Faced with Quantum mechanics, he would have said the same thing roger penrose said: "Quantum mechanics makes absolutely No sense!"

Yet quantum mechanics is the correct one.

faced with relativity, He would have marveled at the intense non-intuitiveness of it. he probably would have also declared that relativity doesn't make any sense.

Yet, it is the correct one.

Aristotle, The guy in Newton's celebrity status back in the 1600s, had his arse whipped by Galileo, Copernicus, Kepler, and even This same Newton.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 1:11am On Mar 09, 2016
cloudgoddess:

There is no distinction between microevolution and macroevolution in biology. They are both the exact same process, on different time scales.
Observation and experimentation is key in science. And i believe that is the major difference between these two terms. Yes variation is inevitable but Microevolution/Adaptation do not account for macroevolution. The first fully formed theory of evolution was proposed in the early 19th century, the time frame is enough to notice any subtle changes in some species attempting to evolve into another.

cloudgoddess:

Evolutionary processes that occur within 100 years will produce much more subtle changes than those that have had 1 million years to occur.
Do we have examples of groups of controlled organisms (single-celled, shorter life span e.t.c) that have demonstrated visible(no matter how tiny) transformational changes other than adaptation for survival from their ancestral groups?.

cloudgoddess:

There is nothing difficult to understand about this. There is no point where an organism stops evolving because "if it kept going it would become a different 'kind' (which also isn't a real thing in biology, species are divided by taxa which are all interrelated) and that's against the bible". Nature is not bound to the rules of your bible.
Actually there is. The extrapolations from micro-evolution being used to prove macro-evolution makes it difficult to understand. Every single test or observation has clearly resulted in the descendant being clearly of the same type as the ancestor. So to attempt to proclaim an unobserved principle such as the whale descending from a land mammal or birds descending from dinosaurs (as macro-evolution teaches) is out-rightly pseudo-scientific.

@bolded. Could you please back your statement with science. And also give an example of any scientifically observed "different kind" (different from the ancestral kind). We can leave the Bible out of this for a minute.

cloudgoddess:

Mutation, genetic inheritence, and selection do not work that way, and either you know it doesn't and are trolling, or you are genuinely lacking in some vital part of your science education.
Two quick questions:
One, Asides sickle-cell anemia, please mention any other truly useful mutations that have ever been scientifically observed.
Two, Has any form of "beneficial" mutation which adds genetic information to a genome been observed?.

cloudgoddess:

In the case of the latter, I can direct you to several biology textbooks so that you can study this topic in further detail. If you don't want to study, and are instead interested in continuing to spread lies and mislead your fellow Nigerians, then stop mentioning me and simply continue your dishonest and/or delusional postings. You can continue on your disturbing quest for deception as the world of actual science continues on without confused ideas like yours having any impact on their research (thank goodness).
Dont bother. Once bitten, twice shy dear wink, Give the topics here and lets discuss.

What is dishonest and delusional about this thread? undecided

what is the "quest for deception"?

The scientists mentioned on this thread: were they pseudoscientists?, were their ideas confused,? Did they spread lies,?

Does the world of "actual science" include only those who have removed the word "observation" from their definition of science?

How has the theory of evolution helped in the actual progress of science?.

Any attempt to answer those questions is welcome.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 1:26am On Mar 09, 2016
Teempakguy:
I am not concerned with this phenomena or that observation. I want to know how God created the universe.

-- Albert Einstein.
Einstein recognized that science answers the "How" questions rather than the "why" questions

Teempakguy:

Actually, Christianity isn't the reason for science at all. that assumption is false. CURIOSITY, more likely, is the reason for science.
Curious christians grin. Its my opinion. Francis Bacon, a christian, is credited as the father of the Scientific method, so my opinion may not be wrong afterall.

Teempakguy:

Islam has had it's fair share of powerful scientists too. so has Hinduism, and Atheism, And deism, and Hellenism, Literally every Religion(or lack thereof) in the world has had Powerful Scientists who subscribed to it. and the one thing that binds them all together is their immense curiosity and thirst for knowledge. Not their religious beliefs, or any belief whatsoever.

You must have missed the part in the article where i wrote:
winner01:
This article focuses on some christian scientists alone. Other discoveries and inventions by scholars and scientists from other religious groups are not mentioned here.

Well, the article only argues against the contemporary notion that a christian cant be a true scientist.

Teempakguy:

Stating Christianity to be the reason for all scientific research is honestly an insult to scientists from other religions(or lack thereof) and It won't make them Christians or even remotely sympathetic to christian ideals.
My opinion once again. And this thread is not aimed at converting anyone but to inform that christianity is not against knowledge as materialism teaches.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by ifenes(m): 3:11am On Mar 09, 2016
winner01:
Yeah, another atheist myth. Christians dont read.

Well, I'm yet to find a worldview that will match the one described in the Bible.
"Even the style of the Scriptures is more than human" - Sir Richard Steele

I guess thats why it stands up to 21st century criticism.

Tell me more about the annunaki, i want to be high on something this morning. grin grin
Maybe then i can show my picture. grin

Type annunaki on Google and find out. True knowledge is meant for a few.
Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 6:11am On Mar 09, 2016
ifenes:

Type annunaki on Google and find out. True knowledge is meant for a few.
You've been poisoned my friend.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by Richirich713: 6:16am On Mar 09, 2016
winner01:

Maybe we should pull one out the atheists bag, she only believes in evolution cuz her science teacher told her to

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by winner01(m): 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Richirich713:

Maybe we should pull one out the atheists bag, she only believes in evolution cuz her science teacher told her to
grin lol grin grin She probably reveres her science teacher and considers Newton a pseudoscientist. lol grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by Richirich713: 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
winner01:
grin lol grin grin She probably reveres her science teacher and considers Newton a pseudoscientist. lol grin

grin I really hope she doesn't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by sarutobie(m): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2016
King James Bible
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:28.

..man from the beginning was given charge to "subdue" all that moves on earth..man was given charge to take dominion of his world..how could man dominate his world without KNOWLEDGE? That was where science started..he began to ask,to study,to accumulate gained knowledge of his world..

I will not use the term 'religion'..because the Creator is not limited to religion..the scripture made it known that the only religion the Creator required from men was Love and obedience..
Re: Christianity; The Reason For Science by samsard(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
I believe what is most logical. I dont believe things that cannot be verified, things that with zero backing evidence. Or believe in books written by misogynistic men with less knowledge about the universe than a 6th grader.
Why i don't necessarily believe that all scientists must be atheists, am of the opinion that those that believe that the god they were brought up to believe in is the one who created the universe have to tell us how they arrived at such a conclusion with sound logic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: Winner’s Chapel, Daystar To Have Physical Church Service Today / Why Is There So Much Hate For Islam ? / Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.