Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 (1600 Views)

Samsung S6 Vs Nokia 6 / Phone Gurus: Samsung S7 Edge Vs Sony Z5 Premium / Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Tecno Camon C9 ( Camera Wise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hello House
I am in need of a new phone. I am currently torn between the galaxy S6 and the Xperia Z5 and need to make a choice asap. Please guys, I would welcome your suggestions, what are the pros and cons for each and which should I go with?
Many Thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Yorobastard(m): 2:26am On Mar 07, 2016
Design and camera wise - S6

Battery and in-the-long run wise -Z5

In the long run...I mean in terms of future update Sony will give you update for 3yrs while Samsung will be for 18months
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
thanks for your contribution, a friend actually told me that Sony has the best camera quality and that seems to be supported by reviews and specs i have seen online. However i am a bit worried about sony's prpensity to heat up and the fact that its front camera is quite poor. I also saw a video on youtube, it seemed to me that the phones contrast is not where it should be.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Xhaka(m): 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Both phones are not strong enough, if it falls, thats probably the end
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
Xhaka:
Both phones are not strong enough, if it falls, thats probably the end

If u are buoyant enough to want to buy either of the 2, then u wouldn't care about being strong or not. Moreover the galaxy s6 is strong enough, at least I've been using mine for 7 months now and it has survived a few drops. Again these phones are not designed to be rugged, if u want something rugged Samsung also made the s6 active but u are sacrificing beauty.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
KaceeDcontrol:
thanks for your contribution, a friend actually told me that Sony has the best camera quality and that seems to be supported by reviews and specs i have seen online. However i am a bit worried about sony's prpensity to heat up and the fact that its front camera is quite poor. I also saw a video on youtube, it seemed to me that the phones contrast is not where it should be.

Both have good cameras, but galaxy s6 has the better overall camera. Forget that the z5 has 21mp camera against S6 16mp. Even the galaxy s7 has a 12mp camera and it beats the s6 16mp. This shows that megapixel only play a small role in camera quality.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Xhaka(m): 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
greenhulk:

If u are buoyant enough to want to buy either of the 2, then u wouldn't care about being strong or not. Moreover the galaxy s6 is strong enough, at least I've been using mine for 7 months now and it has survived a few drops. Again these phones are not designed to be rugged, if u want something rugged Samsung also made the s6 active but u are sacrificing beauty.
S6 is not as rugged as Camon c8 and Gionee M5.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Xhaka:

S6 is not as rugged as Camon c8 and Gionee M5.

Is a Ferrari as rugged as a Toyota hilux? Or is an led TV as rugged as a crt TV? Oya go and buy crt TV na, after all it can watch whatever an led TV can watch, the only difference is that it is uglier and cannot display in HD.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Xhaka(m): 10:25am On Mar 10, 2016
greenhulk:

Is a Ferrari as rugged as a Toyota hilux? Or is an led TV as rugged as a crt TV? Oya go and buy crt TV na, after all it can watch whatever an led TV can watch, the only difference is that it is uglier and cannot display in HD.
We aint talking about cars or Tv here.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 10, 2016
Xhaka:

We aint talking about cars or Tv here.

The same rule applies. U keep talking about 'rugged', let me ask u do u intend to use ur phone as a baseball?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
greenhulk:

The same rule applies. U keep talking about 'rugged', let me ask u do u intend to use ur phone as a baseball?

Free that guy. He knows nothing apart from Tecno. I guess u read how he inputed tecno into the discussion. Dem plenty here.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
ollah1:

Free that guy. He knows nothing apart from Tecno. I guess u read own he imputed tecno into the discussion. Dem plenty here.

I swear the thing taya me. He keeps talking about ruggedity, as if the panel or the display or charging port of a tecno camon c8 can survive the test of time than that of a Galaxy S6 that is carefully made with the best materials. You can easily find an Iphone 4 or even a 3gs of 2009 (7 years ago) that is perfectly working and never been opened. Yet he will say Tecno phones are more rugged than Iphones. Maybe I am the one that doesn't understand the meaning of rugged. Everyday we read about faulty display, charging port, etc of these tecno and infinix phones and yet they say they are rugged.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
greenhulk:

I swear the thing taya me. He keeps talking about ruggedity, as if the panel or the display or charging port of a tecno camon c8 can survive the test of time than that of a Galaxy S6 that is carefully made with the best materials. You can easily find an Iphone 4 or even a 3gs of 2009 (7 years ago) that is perfectly working and never been opened. Yet he will say Tecno phones are more rugged than Iphones. Maybe I am the one that doesn't understand the meaning of rugged. Everyday we read about faulty display, charging port, etc of these tecno and infinix phones and yet they say they are rugged.

Na hin way and many others too. They will talk about tecno phones in romance and politics sections. Hope u have updated ur phone ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
ollah1:

Na hin way and many others too. They will talk about tecno phones in romance and politics sections. Hope u have updated ur phone ?

Iphone is already on 9.2.1. S6 is still on lollipop.. Well it is a t mobile version and no marshmallow yet.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
greenhulk:

Iphone is already on 9.2.1. S6 is still on lollipop.. Well it is a t mobile version and no marshmallow yet.

U ought to have received the update regardless of the version
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
ollah1:

U ought to have received the update regardless of the version

U mean for the s6?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
greenhulk:

U mean for the s6?

Yh. I'm on MM ON S6 edge
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
ollah1:

Yh. I'm on MM ON S6 edge

U probably have the international version. That is one of the advantages of having an international version. This is my first carrier version phone and I don't think I'll ever buy carrier version again. There is no marshmallow for t mobile s6 yet. Verizon, at&t and US mobile don't have marshmallow for s6byet either, I guess we have to wait a little longer.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
greenhulk:

U probably have the international version. That is one of the advantages of having an international version. This is my first carrier version phone and I don't think I'll ever buy carrier version again. There is no marshmallow for t mobile s6 yet. Verizon, at&t and US mobile don't have marshmallow for s6byet either, I guess we have to wait a little longer.

I doubt it tho. They have been sending OTA to s6 users for sometime now. Hope u aren't rooted??
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Sony Xperia 5 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
ollah1:

I doubt it tho. They have been sending OTA to s6 users for sometime now. Hope u aren't rooted??

International version bro. The way the update works is once Samsung are finished testing the updates, they release it via ota to International versions. Carrier versions however will have to test the update on their system first as there are some slight difference between carrier and international versions. So it is the carrier that will push the update not Samsung.

Sprint galaxy s6 just started receiving marshmallow today March 10 so anybody using sprint version would see the update. As for t mobile it says manufacturer development on their website, so they are still probably testing it. Same thing goes for verizon and at&t versions. And no I am not rooted.

(1) (Reply)

Hacker Shows How To Hack Any Facebook Page; Earns $16k As Bug Bounty Hacker Show / Tricks That Drastically Reduce Data Usage On Your Phone / You Should Buy Panasonic A3 Pro-specifications Are Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.