Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Do We Trust Saul Or Acts Of The Apostles ¿ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Trust Saul Or Acts Of The Apostles ¿ (481 Views)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Trust Saul Or Acts Of The Apostles ¿ by facheux: 1:20am On Mar 07, 2016
So many versions of the Bible , I hope I'm not quoting from a bad version.
Acts 15:29 New International Version (NIV)

29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Then we got saul there saying do as thou art wilt with regard to foods.

Then I have noticed that Heaven and earth have not passed away as yet.

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. (Matthew 5:17-18)

Heaven and earth have not passed away as yet

Arghhhh!?! So confusing yo

Should xtians be eating kosher n halal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Trust Saul Or Acts Of The Apostles ¿ by Nobody: 3:36am On Mar 07, 2016
Look at the context. Paul was preaching to gentiles and there had been a dispute as to how much of the jewish law is relevant. So he wrore to Peter and the othe apostles who recommended that stance for gentiles. Most of these laws did not even form part of the 10 commandments. They were more of traditions of the Jews.

There many things and people called Jesus, or Joshua which is his original name too (that could even be real your name).
Re: Do We Trust Saul Or Acts Of The Apostles ¿ by orisa37: 4:23am On Mar 07, 2016
The Queen had Taste for handsome colours.

1 Like

Re: Do We Trust Saul Or Acts Of The Apostles ¿ by facheux: 7:13am On Mar 07, 2016
I don't even know if I'm using a bad or good version of the Bible. Daunting yo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Trust Saul Or Acts Of The Apostles ¿ by facheux: 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
facheux:
I don't even know if I'm using a bad or good version of the Bible. Daunting yo
Re: Do We Trust Saul Or Acts Of The Apostles ¿ by facheux: 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
Crazy world

(1) (Reply)

How Pope Changed The Life Of A Californian's Teen Inmate / Remedy For Sadness / Jesus Christ Has A ‘hot , Sexy ’ Wife , Back From Heaven SA Pastor Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.