Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,769 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? (3630 Views)

Do You Remember This James Bond's Car? It's Going For N126,000,000(Pics) / 2012 Toyota Venza LE For Sale At N950,000 [Listing Suspected To Be Fake] / Suspected Stolen Range Rover(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 8:57am On Mar 07, 2016
A lot of things may have caused the accident that killed James Ocholi ,his wife and son. Was James Ocholi the one driving? I doubt that. But if so then no wonder why inexperience is written all over that accident. For such a modern security tested suv as that lexus Lx 570 to be damaged this badly then the driver must have erred big time.

1. For that vehicle to be this damaged,it means the brakes were never applied.

2.There is no visible impact by another vehicle to cause it to somersault,it went off the ground on its own at top speed swerve.

3.The driver may have dozed off and on waking up steered the vehicle roughly to cause a somersault.

4.May have lost control due to high speed.
But one thing is clear,that vehicle wasn't being driven by a professional driver. Professional drivers must be appreciated because a lot of energy and calculations go into safe conveyance from point A to point B.
A professional driver thinks fast and knows how to minimize damage in case of an accident. The driver of that vehicle clearly lacks such skill. Knowing the rules while driving is very necessary to keep you alive.

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by chocolateme(f): 9:02am On Mar 07, 2016
Hmm
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by dkingsman82(m): 9:06am On Mar 07, 2016
Kk

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:06am On Mar 07, 2016
definitely an issue for the gods to explain ... hmmmmm
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by missingrib(f): 9:23am On Mar 07, 2016
the evil ones should not remember us...shikena

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 9:31am On Mar 07, 2016
missingrib:
the evil ones should not remember us...shikena
I have a degree in Auto forensics,I believe I was just exercising my skill. Pls pardon me.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 10:08am On Mar 07, 2016
AdeniyiA:
definitely an issue for the gods to explain ... hmmmmm
That's why we study auto forensics.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by diportivo: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2016
merrywheels:
I have a degree in Auto forensics,I believe I was just exercising my skill. Pls pardon me.

Bros,wldnt u need to inspect the car physically b4 exercising ur auto forensics skills?

Driver and adc didnt die.......i guess its cos they had their seatbelts on

Those dat sit at the back dont belt up.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 10:50am On Mar 07, 2016
diportivo:

Bros,wldnt u need to inspect the car physically b4 exercising ur auto forensics skills?

Driver and adc didnt die.......i guess its cos they had their seatbelts on

Those dat sit at the back dont belt up.....
First question I asked was who the driver of the vehicle was because the accident report does not acknowledge there were two other people. Even at that ,my theory still stands.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by 100Cents: 10:59am On Mar 07, 2016
Nah God dey protect.

But some drivers no dey try.

Abuja-Kaduna is a road i have plied severally, it is a long 164km strip of smooth road with only few potholes and lorries parked along some 1km stretch.

This type of fatal crashes is common on this road due to over speeding, hurry and taking the smooth road for granted. Cars slip here at highspeed.

I have also experienced a bursted type at a speed of 100km/hr on this road. Only this road permitted me to hit my top speed of 165km/hr. Many drivers also fall into sleep on the steering on this road.

RIP sir..

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
100Cents:
Nah God dey protect.

But some drivers no dey try.

Abuja-Kaduna is a road i have plied severally, it is a long 164km strip of smooth road with only few potholes and lorries parked along some 1km stretch.

This type of fatal crashes is common on this road due to over speeding, hurry and taking the smooth road for granted. Cars slip here at highspeed.

I have also experienced a bursted type at a speed of 100km/hr on this road. Only this road permitted me to hit my top speed of 165km/hr. Many drivers also fall into sleep on the steering on this road.

RIP sir..
I concur

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by thonyokun(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hmm
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by MotorConnectz(m): 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
You have a point OP for a car like the 2015 Lexus LX570 to to this badly damaged the driver really wasn't calculative. This ride is a "hard body" suv so even if it has an accident a calculate action wouldn't have made it this badly damaged. But they claimed the cause was from a tire that exploded and it somersaulted. Meaning the car must have been on some serious high speed for this kind of impact.

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by chyket(m): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
merrywheels:
A lot of things may have caused the accident that killed James Ocholi ,his wife and son. Was James Ocholi the one driving? I doubt that. But if so then no wonder why inexperience is written all over that accident. For such a modern security tested suv as that lexus to be damaged this badly then the driver must have erred big time.

1. For that vehicle to be this damaged,it means the brakes were never applied.

2.There is no visible impact by another vehicle to cause it to somersault,it went off the ground on its own at top speed swerve.

3.The driver may have dozed off and on waking up steered the vehicle roughly to cause a somersault.

4.May have lost control due to high speed.
But one thing is clear,that vehicle wasn't being driven by a professional driver. Professional drivers must be appreciated because a lot of energy and calculations go into safe conveyance from point A to point B.
A professional driver thinks fast and knows how to minimize damage in case of an accident. The driver of that vehicle clearly lacks such skill. Knowing the rules while driving is very necessary to keep you alive.
Call Merry Wheels Autos today for training on how to be a professional driver.
The cause of the accident was a rear tyre that exploded.Basic knowledge of driving tells you
that when you are on a high speed and any of the tyres bursts,you must NEVER touch the brakes!!!because if you do,the vehicle will summersault severally.How come you are saying that you are sure that brakes were not applied.Please educate me further on this.

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
MotorConnectz:
You have a point OP for a car like the 2015 Lexus LX570 to to this badly damaged the driver really wasn't calculative. This ride is a "hard body" suv so even if it has an accident a calculate action wouldn't have made it this badly damaged. But they claimed the cause was from a tire that exploded and it somersaulted. Meaning the car must have been on some serious high speed for this kind of impact.

RIP
Exactly my point. The damage touched every inch of the vehicle body . Which means there was no use of brakes. This vehicle went into a frenzy from like 180km/hr.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by 100Cents: 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
merrywheels:
Exactly my point. The damage touched every inch of the vehicle body . Which means there was no use of brakes. This vehicle went into a frenzy from like 180km/hr.

Some drivers just trust in, " My vehicle is brand new ".. Then they fly..

You need to witness the speed they do on that road..

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
chyket:
The cause of the accident was a rear tyre that exploded.Basic knowledge of driving tells you
that when you are on a high speed and any of the tyres bursts,you must NEVER touch the brakes!!!because if you do,the vehicle will summersault severally.How come you are saying that you are sure that brakes were not applied.Please educate me further on this.
Ok. You brake when tire bursts It will somersault. You don't brake it still somersaults. Reports say the rear tire went off in a burst and the vehicle somersaulted. Do you know that this vehicle has tire pressure indicator on the dash? . If the driver was professional enough then he shouldn't be on such speed. But I seriously doubt this accident occured as a result of tyre puncture.Look at d monumental damage. It smells of inexperience

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by modskiller(m): 12:40am On Mar 08, 2016
[size=20pt]whether the driver is an expert or not, whether he was sleeping or not, let's just pray we're not victims of unfortunate coincidence[/size]

To my own knowledge, I read that the rear tire got busted on high speed, and that is one shiit you will want to avoid at all cost. You can never decide what's gonna happen next, no matter how good you are at driving, you'll only do your best. The laws of physics and motion will always act.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by modskiller(m): 12:45am On Mar 08, 2016
MotorConnectz:

RIP

I disagree with that hard body part.

If this is a hard body, then what will you say about the G55 or G63 AMG... I believe if it were to be a G-Wagon, it won't somersault that much cos of the roof design. But I guess what will be will be.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by Tinyemeka(m): 12:48am On Mar 08, 2016
merrywheels:
Ok. You brake when tire bursts It will somersault. You don't brake it still somersaults. Reports say the rear tire went off in a burst and the vehicle somersaulted. Do you know that this vehicle has tire pressure indicator on the dash? . If the driver was professional enough then he shouldn't be on such speed. But I seriously doubt this accident occured as a result of tyre puncture.Look at d monumental damage. It smells of inexperience

Eye witness say the Tyre burst.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 08, 2016
modskiller:
[size=20pt]whether the driver is an expert or not, whether he was sleeping or not, let's just pray we're not victims of unfortunate coincidence[/size]

To my own knowledge, I read that the rear tire got busted on high speed, and that is one shiit you will want to avoid at all cost. You can never decide what's gonna happen next, no matter how good you are at driving, you'll only do your best. The laws of physics and motion will always act.

Exactly right.

The most professional drivers in the world, F1 race car drivers, routinely crash and die from tire issues.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by Nobody: 5:04am On Mar 08, 2016
modskiller:

I disagree with that hard body part.

If this is a hard body, then what will you say about the G55 or G63 AMG... I believe if it were to be a G-Wagon, it won't somersault that much cos of the roof design. But I guess what will be will be.

There's no such thing as a hard body part

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 5:32am On Mar 08, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Exactly right.

The most professional drivers in the world, F1 race car drivers, routinely crash and die from tire issues.
F1? You compare F1 to a domestic road accident?! Hmm...
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by Nobody: 5:36am On Mar 08, 2016
merrywheels:
F1? You compare F1 to a domestic road accident?! Hmm...

I did yes, you are free to disagree.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by Mckey(f): 6:41am On Mar 08, 2016
As it stands now. it seems all the occupants of that vehicle are now dead. So we will only keep speculating what ACTUALLY happened. But OP for all your degree in Auto forensics, you just sat in your house to assume inexperience on d part of d driver, you no too try. You don't even know how many years of driving the guy has under his belt. FRSC are conducting an investigation that will take them 3days. Let us wait for their findings. God save us all.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by Exponental(m): 7:48am On Mar 08, 2016
modskiller:

Mr prayer warrior... the likes of you is the reasoning Africa isn't developing. Great minds are trying to analyse causes for many to learn, u talking of prayers. Even Jesus taught his disciples what they didn't know. I'm not against prayers but there's time for everything, so, pls let us "reason together" to learn from what had happened.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by amia: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2016
Has anybody considered if this was a suicide (by the driver)?because from the evidence it's really clear it's d fault of the driver .am also a forensic expert and I really don't need to examine this to know for a fact that a person really messed up.one this is a super LX lexus,the tyres are tubeless even if it blows off it couldn't hv been like a tube tyre,dis car tumbled over 15 times to be this damaged.allow me paint a picture of what I think happened and I will start by telling you that the driver needs to be investigated very well,where he was last night ?(was he at the bar or at the club)did he get a good sleep before the trip?what is his past records like ? Who and who has he worked for before ? Does he have family issues?does he have issues with his boss?is he new?has he ever driven a car as surfisticated as this lexus before?how old is he ?or how young is he?bottom line is that this driver needs to be placed on a pedestal and answers to all this questions provided.the authorities need to inform LEXUS to carryout their own part of the investigations as well not just because it caused the death of a minister but because this is a very resent vehicle from lexus and most probably bought brand new,the insurance company also needs to carryout their own set of investigations as well.in summary from own investigation which is clearly my own opinion, I don't think this car was doing more than 130km I think the driver dozzed off for just some seconds and unfortunately the tyre gave off at that moment,in that shock of waking up he swerved the steering too much reflexively and the car left the road ,as long as the car is of the road it faces very rough terrain and in that situation,his first mistake was letting the car liv the road and his second mistake was that as much as the car has left that smooth road then is professional instincts should hav kicked in,he should hav started applying the brakes lightly but instead of doing so,in fear he stepped on the accelerator further which resulted in the car gaining more thrust instead of slowing down .(just my own opinion)

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by missingrib(f): 9:32am On Mar 08, 2016
Exponental:

Mr prayer warrior... the likes of you is the reasoning Africa isn't developing. Great minds are trying to analyse causes for many to learn, u talking of prayers. Even Jesus taught his disciples what they didn't know. I'm not against prayers but there's time for everything, so, pls let us "reason together" to learn from what had happened.
so will these ur analysis rise d unfortunate from dead....i know there is time for everything but u guys are just concluding on things that ain't there..let those in charge of the investigation been through then u guys can assume and analyses as u want... RIP to the victims
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by modskiller(m): 10:42am On Mar 08, 2016
Exponental:

Sometimes, you just need to apply common sense before you start spiting cheap shiit from your donkey a$$ of mouth like a public toilet.

Common sense aint common, but Ben Murray Bruce now gives them on TV for free kind of, please go get one before you start your shiity free style.

First, you can not ascertain what happened.

Also, I've seen the best of men get killed at what they know how to do best, and what do we say?? """""Well, that's quite unfortunate""""".

In statistics, there's something called "The margin of Error". This is a margin that best describes what we may have no control over in an occurrence. This is the """quite unfortunate part"""".

The analysis been done here is not accurate to my own view as I know what happened.

Modal of the story, please you need to have some manners when talking to people, don't think you can come here and use anybody to shine...
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
missingrib:
so will these ur analysis rise d unfortunate from dead....i know there is time for everything but u guys are just concluding on things that ain't there..let those in charge of the investigation been through then u guys can assume and analyses as u want... RIP to the victims
it will not raise them from the dead but more people will learn how to handle such situations in future. When I was coming back to Nigeria after my studies I was taunted that I will face a lot of negative reactions to auto forensics, now I know better cos Africans hate to learn.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by Akinfel: 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
Don't let us argue much about what we feel is the cause. Paul Walker of FAST & FURIOUS died of accident not in a movie but in real life. Forensic evidence revealed that the road was smooth and vehicle in sound condition, but over speeding was indicated as the cause.

May God give the family of the dead the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Suspected Cause of James Ocholis Accident? by merrywheels(m): 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
The FRSC has confirmed my strongest feeling of what happened...inexperience!

(1) (2) (Reply)

~~~2003 Toyota rav4 Neatly use & well Maintained 4SALE ~~~ / Very Neat Honda Baby Boy For Sale #550k / Tokunbo 2009 Mini Cooper M2.9 Call 08167529768

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.