Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" (18944 Views)

Mama Turned 70: See What A Makeover Artist Did To Make Her Look Younger. / See Pretty Ladies That Turned-up At Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria TV Screening / Is This Watch girly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 17, 2009
SeanT21:

R U ignoring my questions??Iwant my answers oo.

which ones?
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 5:19am On Jul 17, 2009
davidylan:

which ones?

SeanT21:

Are U describing Tomboys?? U don't consider them real women b/c they don't wear high heels or skinny jeans??

Those!!

In response to this

davidylan:

whosai! Maybe boys dont notice (no offense to you bro) but men do take a mental note of all this. A woman in a pony-tail everyday, no sense of style (jewelry - doesnt have to be expensive, clothes, shoes) is not someone you want to waste your precious 10 minutes with.

When a man wants a woman, he wants a REAL woman not a half boy half girl

wink
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 5:20am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

What sort of tomboy are you? Occasional sweatpants or full blown dyke.

LOL.  .  .occasional sweatpants.
I guess my attitude is more tomboy than my fashion although i don't wear dresses and it's rare to see me in a skirt.

SeanT21:

U find us irritating~~that's harsh oo.

Do guys find it difficult to approach U?? Do U sometimes lust after skinny jeans or high heels??

No as much the dressing as the mannerisms.  'Ohhhh i broke a nail'.  .  .ohhh i can't go out because my shirt doesn't match my skirt'.  .  .puhleeze.

No.  .  .guys find me hmmmm in harmony with them undecided I've always been one of the boys.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 5:21am On Jul 17, 2009
Toyin, both of those pictures are modest.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 17, 2009
SeanT21:

Are U describing Tomboys?? U don't consider them real women b/c they don't wear high heels or skinny jeans??

Lets face it, a man wants his physical polar opposite. If i want a tomboy i'd just date my brother abi. I want a woman who can flaunt those hips in nice jeans . . . show dainty feet in high heels, look classy with well manicured hands and of course kill me with a beautiful face.

I dont want chapped lips, facial skin that is not well looked after, cracked feet, ripped flabby jeans and oversized t-shirts . . . even men want to look good these days.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 5:23am On Jul 17, 2009
i guess i'm not a tomboy. going by that pic u have up there.
do u mean cute girly girl or glam diva type of girl? there's a difference u kno.
cute girly can be just as cheap as tomboy if it's simple. diva/glam style on the other hand is more expensive.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Shaz(f): 5:25am On Jul 17, 2009
iice:

I guess my attitude is more tomboy than my fashion although i don't wear dresses and it's rare to see me in a skirt.

No as much the dressing as the mannerisms.  'Ohhhh i broke a nail'.  .  .ohhh i can't go out because my shirt doesn't match my skirt'.  .  .puhleeze.

No.  .  .guys find me hmmmm in harmony with them undecided I've always been one of the boys.

My point o!

davidylan:

Lets face it, a man wants his physical polar opposite. If i want a tomboy i'd just date my brother abi. I want a woman who can flaunt those hips in nice jeans . . . show dainty feet in high heels, look classy with well manicured hands and of course kill me with a beautiful face.

I dont want chapped lips, facial skin that is not well looked after, cracked feet, ripped flabby jeans and oversized t-shirts . . . even men want to look good these days.

Lool . .see the stereotype. .
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

Toyin, both of those pictures are modest.
Exactly, so you telling me you won't notcied the way she's dressed if you see her looking like that.

Most men do notice. They stare,esp with the horn, they flirt etc.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 5:34am On Jul 17, 2009
davidylan:

LMAO~~~Cracked feet?? I understand U tho. U want a feminine woman not a woman that wears the same outfit as U. wink
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 17, 2009
you got me . . . wink
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 5:38am On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators:

Exactly, so you telling me you won't notcied the way she's dressed if you see her looking like that.

Most men do notice. They stare,esp with the horn, they flirt etc.

No, those girls are not overdoing it. Don't act like you don't know what I mean. The girls you posted are very modest.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 5:49am On Jul 17, 2009
n-guage:

No, those girls are not overdoing it. Don't act like you don't know what I mean. The girls you posted are very modest.

yea i prefer modest to over the top as well. maybe over the top once in a while.
u kno there are some girls that dress to class everyday as if they're going on an outing with make up and all embarassed i wonder all the work they have to do everymorning. but they prolly enjoy it i guess lol
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 5:51am On Jul 17, 2009
oyinda.:

yea i prefer modest to over the top as well. maybe over the top once in a while.
u kno there are some girls that dress to class everyday as if they're going on an outing embarassed i wonder all the work they have to do everymorning. but they prolly enjoy it i guess lol

I had a classmate like that back in college. Always 'on'. Dressed to kill.
I see her in the club. . .she still looks the same, no change. . .it's like seeing her in class.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 17, 2009
@n-guage

I know what you mean. I was trying to prove that some girly girls don't over do it and can still look modest.

Like the first pix is horrible, while the second is my kind of style wink

[img]http://3.bp..com/_nUPYyDwuQmg/SWibEqUGilI/AAAAAAAAEto/vixauojir1o/s400/a.jpg[/img]

My style
Remove the purse, the hat and the sunglasses grin

Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 17, 2009
Tomboys tends to wear loose, boyish clothings

While girly girls love to wear shapely clothes
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 6:20am On Jul 17, 2009

I likey cheesy
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 6:21am On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators, i wear shapely clothes too tongue
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 6:24am On Jul 17, 2009
umm i don't agree with that. in that first pic, it's only her pose that looks boyish otherwise, her fashion is cute and neutral at most. most definitely not masculine  undecided
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 17, 2009
iice:

FL Gators, i wear shapely clothes too tongue
Then wehave not totally lost you  cheesy

oyinda.:

umm i don't agree with that. in that first pic, it's only her pose that looks boyish otherwise, her fashion is cute and neutral at most. most definitely not masculine  undecided
Ok, make I no lie, I thought that outfit was hot!!

But most tomboys do dress lie that wink
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 6:27am On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators:

Then wehave not totally lost you  cheesy
Ok, make I no lie, I thought that outfit was hot!!

Yeah the outfit is hot!

LOL. . .i will never get to full blown girly girl. I stop at neutral and cute as oyinda said.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 17, 2009
iice:

Yeah the outfit is hot!

LOL. . .i will never get to full blown girly girl. I stop at neutral and cute as oyinda said.

I seriously hope not. Deep girly girls get on my lassst nerves.
Like some of them use paper plates so they wont have to "damage" their nails while washing the dishes. Or they don't want to sit on the bench cuz it might damage their leggings undecided
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 6:43am On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators:

i guess you can argue that.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 6:52am On Jul 17, 2009
iice, what is ur opinion on hoodies? what about cardigans?
i love both.  i'm leaning more toward cardigans though 'cause they seem more mature and it's more comfortable wearing a scarf with one.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by No2Atheism(m): 6:52am On Jul 17, 2009
okay next topic
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by mukina2: 11:11am On Jul 17, 2009
iice:

knew i will find you in here kiss kiss grin

I put the T in tomboy cheesy

Give me converse babies anyday, pants,tees, hoodies and the likes.

I just felt like being different,i like being free, dont have to worry about nothing, dotn have to spend 20 hours fixing my face,  do i even know how to do make up sef, 25 hours finding the right things to wear, what matches with this and that. shioooo. grin as long as i step out of my house looking decent, i nor send. i hate most girly girly stuff though, even doing my own hair   tongue

Girly girls complain about everything some even wash with perfume sef, you can smell them from a mile grin
they whine over very silly things.They can wear so many fake things, from fake nails, to pancake face, to fake lashes to horrible lenses ,ohh and those bags, some very tiny girls will carry bags so big grin grin, they can do anything for fashion,they do not care whether it suits them or not .
Go shopping with a girly girl you go vex grin

Those pics in tights are pure deceiving  grin. all the tom boys i know do not wear tights, you have some extreme ones though who wear boys boxers and baggy jeans grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2009
FL Gators:

I seriously hope not. Deep girly girls get on my lassst nerves.
Like some of them use paper plates so they wont have to "damage" their nails while washing the dishes. Or they don't want to sit on the bench cuz it might damage their leggings undecided

Rofl i know! It doesn't stop there too.  They condition their voice to have the 'whiny' helpless tone to it.

oyinda.:

iice, what is ur opinion on hoodies? what about cardigans?
i love both.  i'm leaning more toward cardigans though 'cause they seem more mature and it's more comfortable wearing a scarf with one.

Love them!! Have a lot of them, though i think i have more hoodies than cardigans.  Either way, i have a schizophrenic approach to dressing cheesy

mukina2:

knew i will find you in here kiss kiss grin

I put the T in tomboy cheesy

Give me converse babies anyday, pants,tees, hoodies and the likes.

I just felt like being different,i like being free, dont have to worry about nothing, dotn have to spend 20 hours fixing my face,  do i even know how to do make up sef, 25 hours finding the right things to wear, what matches with this and that. shioooo. grin as long as i step out of my house looking decent, i nor send. i hate most girly girly stuff though, even doing my own hair   tongue

Girly girls complain about everything some even wash with perfume sef, you can smell them from a mile grin
they whine over very silly things.They can wear so many fake things, from fake nails, to pancake face, to fake lashes to horrible lenses ,ohh and those bags, some very tiny girls will carry bags so big grin grin, they can do anything for fashion,they do not care whether it suits them or not .
Go shopping with a girly girl you go vex grin

Those pics in tights are pure deceiving  grin. all the tom boys i know do not wear tights, you have some extreme ones though who wear boys boxers and baggy jeans grin

Twinny grin grin
hehehe, i wear boxers sometimes tongue Those days wey you just no send pesin - more than the usual i mean grin

You are right on the whining over silly things.  Na why in any occasion or event, you will never see me with the women.  Always with the men.  .  .
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by mukina2: 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2009
iice:

Rofl i know! It doesn't stop there too.  They condition their voice to have the 'whiny' helpless tone to it.

Love them!! Have a lot of them, though i think i have more hoodies than cardigans.  Either way, i have a schizophrenic approach to dressing cheesy

Twinny grin grin
hehehe, i wear boxers sometimes tongue Those days wey you just no send pesin - more than the usual i mean grin

You are right on the whining over silly things.  Na why in any occasion or event, [b]you will never see me with the women. 

same here, sit with them, you will be annoyed, they will want to know who wore what, where they got it , how they got it grin grin irritating
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2009
Rofl. . . grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by No2Atheism(m): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2009
na wa o, both the super mod and the[b] iice cold mod [/b]are tomboys, wat is the world coming to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No wonder Mukina keeps banning me, maybe she has a crush on me, abi olabowale wetin u think  grin grin grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2009
I'm definitely not a tom boy but people have had the impression that I am(maybe because I like rap music and I played b-ball) undecided But I'm not overtly girly like "Oh my gosh!! my nails have broken" LOL, I don't even get my nails done at the salon - I did my nails myself for prom!! cheesy

I'll say I'm in between, I love fashionable clothes but some girls be forcing it like the picture FL Gators posted of the girl with the sunglasses and hat LOL. I'm still learning to walk in heels, I like 'em but I'll rather not break a foot so I'm starting with little heels first. haha. And skinny jeans are cool, they're good for my body shape - I'm skinny. Definitely won't catch me in baggy jeans. tongue

And yes, I love big bags although I'm tiny lipsrsealed mostly for school though - those calculus textbooks can be really heavy. But I wouldn't carry my big bags just to go out.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2009
Chiogo, how tiny? tongue

I do my nails myself too. But that's just coz i have a thing for nails/hands/fingers/feet/toes
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2009
Very tiny, Cassie tiny shocked shocked No, I think she's a bit tinier lmao.

LOL my friends were spending 70 bucks on their nails for prom. I spent nada. I know I'm cheap but mine still looked nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please, Where Can I Buy A Household Or Industrial Sewing Machine (brother) / Philips Clinton Ihankonye Wins The Next Fitness Supermodel Competition (Photos) / Lovelyn Enebechi Is Germany's Next Top-Model 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.