Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? (18893 Views)

Get These JOBS Today! / These Jobs Are Available / Get Your Profile Viewed On Linkedin If You Are Interested In Any Of These Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by manie(m): 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Law job..

REASON: Relevant Experience..

The person should assess the Law firm and check if they have a good reputation in the industry. If its one of the top Law Firms, work for them and gather that invaluable experience which can get him/her into an even better Law firm in the future.

The second Job though it comes with better pay, adds nothing relevant the the persons resume and in the future when that job eventually ends, the person will be left with nothing but memories of a job that paid well but added no value to his professional life..

I will advice him to pick the music school job if he has the talent and skill to teach music. The music school job is a part-time job, since he only needs to be present at work on Wednesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 12noon and 2pm and the pay is about 900k per annum.
He can then work in a law chamber that will allow him to work only on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by pabjo: 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
goodgirl2409:
A friend of mine is confused on which of these jobs to take. Pls advice,which option should he go for?

First job
Company; law firm
Time; 7.30am-6.00pm
Days; monday-friday
Salary; 30K with other uncertain benefits
Salary per annum; 360,000naira

Second job
Company; music school
Days; wednesdays and thursdays only
Time; 12-2pm
Salary; 300K every 3 months
Salary per annum; 900,000naira

300*4=1200000 not 900000 so to the thread go for what he can afford to benefit more
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by abiolag(m): 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
@OP 300k every 3months equals 100k per month which will give us 1.2 million per annum
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by sisisioge: 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
See question! Music baby...Monday, Tuesday, Friday ,Saturday and even Sunday can be spent working law else. That's what I would do.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Patented: 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
Music sch and his free days he can build his own practice or attach to a firm
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Irore: 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
goodgirl2409:
A friend of mine is confused on which of these jobs to take. Pls advice,which option should he go for?

First job
Company; law firm
Time; 7.30am-6.00pm
Days; monday-friday

Would he be teaching law in the music school?

Second job
Company; music school
Time; 12-2pm
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by joey150(m): 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
So you go to work twice a week for 2hours and they pay you 300k in 3 months...

lai mohammed had passed on the virus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by azubikedr: 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
But salaries are poor. One much not practice what He studied, though in this case He is a professional. I advise He good for a more paid job with lets hours at work. He will thereby fine more time to develop himself more in the field of law by either doing masters programme or even attaching himself to a law for even Without pay but for the experience.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
manie:

I will advice him to pick the music school job if he has the talent and skill to teach music. The music school job is a part-time job, since he only needs to be present at work on Wednesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 12noon and 2pm and the pay is about 900k per annum.
He can then work in a law chamber that will allow him to work only on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

You underestimate the work a lawyer does that's what I can see.

Go and find out the workload of a lawyer working in a good law office and come back and tell me how you can balance two jobs at the same time.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by manie(m): 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Go and find out the workload of a lawyer working in a good law office and come back and tell me how you can balance two jobs at the same time.

He can decide to work for free in any law chamber provided he would be allowed to have 2 days off, during which he can wotk in the music school.

I think the guy should follow his heart, Falz the badt guy is a trained lawyer but he currently an actor and a musician.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by yunnyp(m): 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
Is she a fresh graduate as a Lawyer or she just want to work in a law firm?
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Raphael81(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Spactacle:
Hmmm.
Your friend should follow his/her heart..

The pay or the career

are you sure its not you!!!:.
lol am certain its her/he just camouflaging
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by yunnyp(m): 6:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
olashas:
Take the second job. Then, during your spare time, look for a law firm that will allow you do Private practice (PP). This way, you learn the ropes at the law firm and you get a reasonable amount at the music school. Win/win situation bro.

You might regret taking the law firm job at the end of the month with this ridiculous salary.

Eyan ti (PP)
tongue grin
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Spactacle(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
Raphael81:
lol am certain its her/he just camouflaging

sure bro... We know how to un-masked them..
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by nickxtra(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
Go for the law firm, from where you will be able to get proper tutelage in legal practice, then well groomed as a counsel, you on from there, OR you go to the music school if your passion is music and you dont want to practice a profession that your parents struggled so hard to train you for.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by olashas(f): 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
yunnyp:

Eyan ti (PP)
tongue grin
grin.
You know how it is. wink

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by sucess001(m): 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
go to music school...

i am a lawyer with 10 years experience workin in a bank and both wizkid and olamide make 10 times what i earn a year....

if you must do music tho...make sure you make hits back to back

cos streets ti take over...

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by thesicilian: 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
goldiam:
Tell your friend to go for the law firm and give me the link for the music school.
Smart lady!
Let him stay there asking questions

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Orlarmie(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Take the 2nd job and continue your search for a better paying law related job. You can in the interim start doing a volunteer job with a law firm so as not to loose track on experience.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by ogawisdom(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
goodgirl2409:

First job
Company; law firm
Time; 7.30am-6.00pm
Days; monday-friday

Second job
Company; music school
Time; 12-2pm

He should go for d music sch n make money for 5yrs n package himself for law practice after wards.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by badonkadonk: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
goodgirl2409:

First job
Company; law firm
Time; 7.30am-6.00pm
Days; monday-friday

Second job
Company; music school
Time; 12-2pm

He should go for the music school pending the tym he gets a worthwhile offer from another law firm..

I once did a 30k job.. The work wey dem give me do pass the 30k wey I dey collect..

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Ay04z(m): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
person wey don start his music tin kom dey ask mumu question from us....metchew make I go watch chelsea vs p.s.g joor......
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Valintos147(f): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=adeaks post=43623105]The second job.

He has Mondays Tuesdays and Fridays free.

He can always volunteer in a good law firm and spend three days of the week there. Because of the fact that he won't be paid many lawfirms would gladly accept him. [/quo
Nice and very thoughtful Suggestion, But My question is this: How many Graduates are ready to sacrifice by Working for Org or Private Biz Owner for FREE?
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Yteflon(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Law job..

REASON: Relevant Experience..

The person should assess the Law firm and check if they have a good reputation in the industry. If its one of the top Law Firms, work for them and gather that invaluable experience which can get him/her into an even better Law firm in the future.

The second Job though it comes with better pay, adds nothing relevant the the persons resume and in the future when that job eventually ends, the person will be left with nothing but memories of a job that paid well but added no value to his professional life..

but what makes u think d job will end? And he wouldn't av invest some of his earnings before den
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by goodgirl2409: 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
manie:

I wish it were possible but most law firms won't accept.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by goodgirl2409: 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
abiolag:
@OP 300k every 3months equals 100k per month which will give us 1.2 million per annum

Actually,three months are out because the school goes on 1 month vacation after every 3 month.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by goodgirl2409: 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=Valintos147 post=43627286][/quote]
That is it oo,how can he be doing serious work for free like that.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by goodgirl2409: 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
Okijajuju1:

that's true
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by goodgirl2409: 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
yunnyp:
Is she a fresh graduate as a Lawyer or she just want to work in a law firm?

He just feels when the music thing ends,he will have no experience that's why he wants to work at the law firm too.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by IGLE25(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
He should forget the two and stay hungry... See the kind question wey you dey ask. If them give you this type for exam you go fail am? Hisssssssssssssss!!!
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by JuanDeDios: 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
adeaks:
The second job.

He has Mondays Tuesdays and Fridays free.

He can always volunteer in a good law firm and spend three days of the week there. Because of the fact that he won't be paid many lawfirms would gladly accept him.
Lol. Dem like oshofree, abi?
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by yunnyp(m): 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
goodgirl2409:

He just feels when the music thing ends,he will have no experience that's why he wants to work at the law firm too.

I recommend you to #olashas comment bcus she knows better in the field....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thanks N/L. Got A New Job Yesterday / Massive Nationwide Job Recruitment At Actionaid (AA) Nigeria General Assembly / Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) OND Internship Program 2019 - Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.