Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri (3031 Views)

Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister / President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths / David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by IndianBwoy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
Wishing you all a very happy MahaShivaratri (The Great Night of Lord Shiva). May Lord Shiva bless you with Happiness, Prosperity, Fertility & Good Health.

Listen to song below while smokin Ganja , the sacred herb of the Lord Shiva.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJpZQ8u_xY

In pix, PM of India pours libation on the sacred idol representing Lord Shiva , the force of Destruction.

Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by TruthHurts1(m): 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Wishing you all a very happy MahaShivaratri. May Lord Shiva bless you with Happiness, Prosperity, Fertility & Good Health.

Listen to song below while smokin Ganja , the sacred herb of the Lord Shiva.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJpZQ8u

In pix, PM of India pours libation on the sacred idol representing Lord Shiva , the force of Destruction.

What is a "Shiva Lingam" and is Shiva the most important Hindu god?
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by IndianBwoy(m): 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
TruthHurts1:

The #Shiva #Linga - Ferility Symbol .. Idol Representing Lord Shiva.

Its an ancient Symbol. representing the Union of opposing forces to create the Universe. The Phallic symbol being the Cosmic Pillar of Energy uniting with the base womb (The Supreme Creative Power that holds this energy).

Yes and maybe. To the Lingayats, Shaivaites and Aghoris especially, he is their Chief diety. Shiva is destruction itself. The ultimate force of Creation.
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by TruthHurts1(m): 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
IndianBwoy:

The #Shiva #Linga - Ferility Symbol .. Idol Representing Lord Shiva.

Its an ancient Symbol. representing the Union of opposing forces to create the Universe. The Phallic symbol being the Cosmic Pillar of Energy uniting with the base womb (The Supreme Creative Power that holds this energy).

Yes and maybe. To the Lingayats, Shaivaites and Aghoris especially, he is their Chief diety. Shiva is destruction itself. The ultimate force of Creation.

But I thought Kali was the goddess of destruction?
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by IndianBwoy(m): 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
TruthHurts1:

But I thought Kali was the goddess of destruction?

Male.

Just lyk positive negative elements.

Again Gods are fluid. Attributes can be combined.

Lord Shiva is the ultimate meditator. The dormant seed.
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by TruthHurts1(m): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Male.

Just lyk positive negative elements.

Again Gods are fluid. Attributes can be combined.

Lord Shiva is the ultimate meditator. The dormant seed.

Gods are fluid? Gods should be stable and recognisable. If they are not stable, how can you depend on them?
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Gods are fluid? Gods should be stable and recognisable. If they are not stable, how can you depend on them?

water is fluid
air is fluid

still....
water is stable and recognisable
air is stable and recognisable

and we all are pretty much dependent on them

Gods should be stable and recognisable
u must be the grandson Einstein to come at this rocking conclusion cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by TruthHurts1(m): 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
nemesis2u:

water is fluid
air is fluid

still....
water is stable and recognisable
air is stable and recognisable

and we all are pretty much dependent on them
god or whoever has given us braincells for a reason so use it oga.

A god should be 'omnipresent' and 'omnipotent'. When you said 'fluid' the first idea that ocurred to me was that this god easily changes his mind.
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
TruthHurts1:

A god should be 'omnipresent' and 'omnipotent'. When you said 'fluid' the first idea that ocurred to me was that this god easily changes his mind.

forget fancy words like 'omnipresent' and 'omnipotent'
answer me first
what is the relevance of god without humans?
if god is all powerful why would he/she be concern with puny humans worshipping him.
why does god stand to gain by a muslim worshipping him?

why does god stand to gain by a christian worshipping him?

why does god stand to gain by a hindu worshipping him?

etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by TruthHurts1(m): 11:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
nemesis2u:

forget fancy words like 'omnipresent' and 'omnipotent'
answer me first
what is the relevance of god without humans?
if god is all powerful why would he/she be concern with puny humans worshipping him.
why does god stand to gain by a muslim worshipping him?

why does god stand to gain by a christian worshipping him?

why does god stand to gain by a hindu worshipping him?

etc etc.

Worship simply means giving reverence to a spiritual being who is greater than you. We don't do it for what God will gain but for what we will gain for ourselves.
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 08, 2016
TruthHurts1:

happy MahaShivaratri to u and all
@TruthHurts1

I am a great fan of lord shiva
he is the only god who does not seek worship and is content to be left alone
he is the master yogi the only entity (god or no god )to have crossed the barrier of material and immaterial world

the history of the worship of shiva lingam is something lost to ages , pre-dating back to thousands of years before neo – lithic times .

people Worshiping (nature/any god) dates back to the inception of mankind. The sole challenge and purpose of human was to survive and make sure his race's continual existence.

in those times childrens were very important and fertility was a priority .
people use to place
a flat stone (symbolizing a vigina related to female fertility) and also symbolized the mother earth,
on a erect stone (symbolizing a phallus related to male fertility) and also symbolized the father sky.
for worshipping to get successful childbirths for his races continued propagation and
this nature worship later came down to represent shiva lingam.

people / sages in those days could not explain things the way we do now and so they use to resort to religion.

1 Like

Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 08, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Worship simply means giving reverence to a spiritual being who is greater than you. We don't do it for what God will gain but for what we will gain for ourselves.

just out of curiosity

aren't we being a tad selfish here,
and if god is all powerful then he is also capable of seeing through our selfish desires that is we are worshipping him for our own interest.

and will he then grant us our wishes cheesy
I don't think so cheesy

lord shiv personifies something greater he signifies and emphasis devotion without expectation, that is devotion not to him , but to the people around you be it your parents be it others parents be it your neighbours , be it somebody you know or be it somebody u don't know.

lord Shiva is the reflection and manifestation of our good and bad deeds - a reference point like in theory of relativity
good deeds brings u a step closer to the ultimate knowledge
bad deeds pushes us to the never ending cycle of ignorance.

lord Shiva does not need our worship
he only needs us to deliver our self to knowledge and light from our own deeds
he can be ur brother he can be ur godfather he can be ur teacher he can be ur god
after all paths r many

1 Like

Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by IndianBwoy(m): 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
TruthHurts1:

A God doesnt have a mind. It is a spiritual force.
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by TruthHurts1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
IndianBwoy:

A God doesnt have a mind. It is a spiritual force.

A god doesn't have a mind? You mean a god who is more like a kind of cosmic or life force? Even such gods act in ways that would suggest that they have minds and make decisions like any other being.
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by IndianBwoy(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
Are you a Hindu at nemesis2u?

Nice write up.

Actually Shiva is the ultimate aim for all those who have taken on the Sanyasa (renunciation) stage of their life.

I know of engineers and other leanrned men joining the dreaded aghori sect who worship the fiercest aspect of Shiva (Bhairava).

These ascetics feed on carrion and other stuff, pray on dead corpses, drink from human skulls salvaged from graveyards, smear their bodies with ash, grow dreadlocks, dwell in isolated places like hills, forests and graveyards, smoke ganja and meditate on Lord Shiva. They pray on leopard skins. They perform frequent yagya rituals. They do all weird acts to stretch their limits to the extreme while maintaining their inner calm.

Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by IndianBwoy(m): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
TruthHurts1:

A god doesn't have a mind? You mean a god who is more like a kind of cosmic or life force? Even such gods act in ways that would suggest that they have minds and make decisions like any other being.

I dont understand what you mean by a life force. Id say a force belonging to the Spiritual realm just as in we belong to the material one.

When you supply kerosene to a coal-fire, the fire lights up even more. Would you say it acted in accord to its own mind?
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by IndianBwoy(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
Its good to meditate. You must try it. You will realise so many answers to so many questions.

I learnt a lot through this method.
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by TruthHurts1(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
IndianBwoy:

I dont understand what you mean by a life force. Id say a force belonging to the Spiritual realm just as in we belong to the material one.

When you supply kerosene to a coal-fire, the fire lights up even more. Would you say it acted in accord to its own mind?

Yes, but kerosene is only good for fuel and lighting fires, whearas we ask our gods to do all sorts of things for us.
And we hope that one day when we eventually die, we will be with him.
When I was talking about a life force, I was basically referring to pantheism.
Re: Prime Minister Of India Pouring Libation On Mahashivaratri by IndianBwoy(m): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Yes, but kerosene is only good for fuel and lighting fires, whearas we ask our gods to do all sorts of things for us.
And we hope that one day when we eventually die, we will be with him.
When I was talking about a life force, I was basically referring to pantheism.

I dont know bro.

The Gods only help those who help themselves.

(1) (Reply)

China's In Deep Shit!!! / Covid19: Prepare For War, Chinese President Xi Jinping Orders Military / Hobbyist Drone Operator Films Intense Firefight Along Ukrainian Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.