Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office (1106 Views)

Where Can I Download Full Version Of MS Office / Original Ms Office 2010 / I Need Urgent Answer On This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by Eze2000(m): 9:14am On Mar 08, 2016
Hello,
pls I recently reformatted my laptop a month ago and got it right after a lot of hell due to bad system installations by quark engineers. I did it in computer village and there saw Ms office 2016 and had it installed but it turned out to a bit too complex and being I didn't want to take too much risks so I just installed my normal office 2013 for use and left the 2016 idle to check out overtime.

But trouble started yesterday when I foolishly tried to save a file already in HTML format back to Ms Word document to make some important corrections. The result is that the word program imported the settings of the HTML and deleted word docx setting. Hence my Ms word when opened has no margins or pages its just a continues white sheet with words spread from one end of the screen to the other.
This corrupts all other Word files distorting their individual formats.
I tried all to no avail then decided to uninstall the office program and perform a clean reinstall but each I do the system promptly sets up Ms Word the problematic way it was complete with updates and the crazy formating mix-up.
Pls can some tell me how to fix this problem for good or remove office completely from my system and perform a fresh reinstall.

note pls.....system restore is not an opinion cos the restore point to where the system had no office program has been auto deleted by my system.

thanks in advance
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by shawlxAk(m): 9:48am On Mar 08, 2016
Simply drag the sliders on the ruler to adjust the margins accordingly.

If the ruler is not visible, click the View tab and check the box labelled 'Ruler.'

You could also click the Page Layout tab and select a Margin type from there.

Eze2000:
Hello,
pls I recently reformatted my laptop a month ago and got it right after a lot of hell due to bad system installations by quark engineers. I did it in computer village and there saw Ms office 2016 and had it installed but it turned out to a bit too complex and being I didn't want to take too much risks so I just installed my normal office 2013 for use and left the 2016 idle to check out overtime.

But trouble started yesterday when I foolishly tried to save a file already in HTML format back to Ms Word document to make some important corrections. The result is that the word program imported the settings of the HTML and deleted word docx setting. Hence my Ms word when opened has no margins or pages its just a continues white sheet with words spread from one end of the screen to the other.
This corrupts all other Word files distorting their individual formats.
I tried all to no avail then decided to uninstall the office program and perform a clean reinstall but each I do the system promptly sets up Ms Word the problematic way it was complete with updates and the crazy formating mix-up.
Pls can some tell me how to fix this problem for good or remove office completely from my system and perform a fresh reinstall.

note pls.....system restore is not an opinion cos the restore point to where the system had no office program has been auto deleted by my system.

thanks in advance
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by Eze2000(m): 10:35am On Mar 08, 2016
Thanks bro, will give it a try
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by Eze2000(m): 10:41am On Mar 09, 2016
shawlxAk:
Simply drag the sliders on the ruler to adjust the margins accordingly.

If the ruler is not visible, click the View tab and check the box labelled 'Ruler.'

You could also click the Page Layout tab and select a Margin type from there.

Didn't work bro. Once u set it up, save close d word program then reopen its back the wrong way again
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by Lexusgs430: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2016
Have you tried deleting Microsoft Office through uninstall programs and reinstalling another disc or download ?
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by Lexusgs430: 10:49am On Mar 09, 2016
At the top right section if Office 2016, click the feature. It restores all tabs.
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by shawlxAk(m): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
That's strange. You may have to reset MS Word settings. Follow the guide below to accomplish that.

Close all running instances of MS Word.

1. Copy the following folder path into a text editor and replace "Username" with the username of the currently logged in user

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

2. Copy the edited folder path

3. Press the windows logo key + R

4. In the Run dialog, paste the copied folder path into the text-box and press enter

5. In the window that appears, delete the file named "Normal"

The next few steps involve editing the registry.

Take caution -- If the registry is incorrectly edited, your computer system may become unstable.

6. Press the windows logo key + R

7. Type regedit in the textbox and press enter

8. In the Registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 15.0

9. Under the 15.0 folder, delete the sub-folder named "Word"

10. Close the registry editor

Restart the computer.

Eze2000:

Didn't work bro. Once u set it up, save close d word program then reopen its back the wrong way again
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by Eze2000(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
shawlxAk:
That's strange. You may have to reset MS Word settings. Follow the guide below to accomplish that.

Close all running instances of MS Word.

1. Copy the following folder path into a text editor and replace "Username" with the username of the currently logged in user

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

2. Copy the edited folder path

3. Press the windows logo key + R

4. In the Run dialog, paste the copied folder path into the text-box and press enter

5. In the window that appears, delete the file named "Normal"

The next few steps involves editing the registry.

Take caution -- If the registry is incorrectly edited, your computer system may become unstable.

6. Press the windows logo key + R

7. Type regedit in the textbox and press enter

8. In the Registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 15.0

9. Under the 15.0 folder, delete the sub-folder named "Word"

10. Close the registry editor

Restart the computer.

you are just too much bro. I'm not a computer pro and I've actually pressed spoil on my laptop too may times so won't even try this tricky solution.
Anyway thanks though, I've been checking out Word 2016 and it basically the same as 2013 but with a few better, even interesting features. i think i will stick with it.
But i got a new issue though. I'm now very worried about battery drain on my PC its just last only 1hr 40 mins from fully charged. when using my laptop i tend to keep it plugged in to a power source when one is available and then continue with b3 only NEPA takes light.
Two months ago when I was using Norton Security antivirus which tunes up the system it put out a staggering 5 hrs of b3 life but now I'm just on windows defender and c-cleaner and its 1hr 40 mins.
Any solutions or suggestions pls?
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by shawlxAk(m): 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lol ok. I was tempted to ask why you're bent on using MS Word 2013 when you have MS Word 2016 installed.

The first part only might work. The second part is just making sure it's all gone. I would have also offered to do it for you remotely.

Okay, regarding your battery: 2 months is enough time for the storage capacity of the battery to have deteriorated.

Windows defender is certainly not a battery killer. It works silently in the background and uses less resources. I know because I use it too.

My post in the following link will be very helpful to you.

http://sholadaitman.com/2016/01/tips-to-conserve-battery-power-on-your-laptop/

Eze2000:

you are just too much bro. I'm not a computer pro and I've actually pressed spoil on my laptop too may times so won't even try this tricky solution.
Anyway thanks though, I've been checking out Word 2016 and it basically the same as 2013 but with a few better, even interesting features. i think i will stick with it.
But i got a new issue though. I'm now very worried about battery drain on my PC its just last only 1hr 40 mins from fully charged. when using my laptop i tend to keep it plugged in to a power source when one is available and then continue with b3 only NEPA takes light.
Two months ago when I was using Norton Security antivirus which tunes up the system it put out a staggering 5 hrs of b3 life but now I'm just on windows defender and c-cleaner and its 1hr 40 mins.
Any solutions or suggestions pls?
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by Eze2000(m): 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
shawlxAk:
Lol ok. I was tempted to ask why you're bent on using MS Word 2013 when you have MS Word 2016 installed.

The first part only might work. The second part is just making sure it's all gone. I would have also offered to do it for you remotely.

Okay, regarding your battery: 2 months is enough time for the storage capacity of the battery to have deteriorated.

Windows defender is certainly not a battery killer. It works silently in the background and uses less resources. I know because I use it too.

My post in the following link will be very helpful to you.

http://sholadaitman.com/2016/01/tips-to-conserve-battery-power-on-your-laptop/

The malwarebytes, u use the free version right? And as for my battery storage capacity, does this mean I need a new battery?
Re: Please..i Need Urgent Help With My MS Office by shawlxAk(m): 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
The free version of malwarebytes does not include real-time protection. So, I only use it for on-demand malware scanning.

I mainly make use of the built-in Windows Defender. It works great. Just keep it regularly updated and you won't be needing any other anti-virus software.

Yes, you might be needing a new battery. Try and get a brand new one from a reputable store. Never have confidence in a used battery.

Eze2000:

The malwarebytes, u use the free version right? And as for my battery storage capacity, does this mean I need a new battery?

(1) (Reply)

Sold / The Thing About Random Access Memory (RAM). / HP 650series Laptop , Fairly Used. 2g Ram, 320 HDD in PH. 65,000 Negotiable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.