Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

5 Time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova Tests Positive To Drug Use - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova Tests Positive To Drug Use (429 Views)

Emmanuel Eboue Tests Positive To HIV / PSG Forward,angel Di Maria,sentenced To Prison / Marylove Edwards: "I Want To Be The 1st Nigerian To Win A Tennis Grand Slam" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova Tests Positive To Drug Use by Halleydavid: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2016
Tennis Champion Maria Sharapova has been provisionally banned from tennis after failing a drug test during this year's Australian Open. The former No.1 world champion announced she failed a drug test at the Australian Open in a press conference Monday in Los Angeles and so will be suspended pending further action. Sharapova was informed by the International Tennis Federation that she tested positive for Meldonium, which was added to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s list of banned substances on Jan. 1, 2016,and she admitted of being taking the drug for the past 10 years,
For the past 10 years I have been given a medicine called Mildronate by my family doctor and a few days ago after I received the letter from ITF (International Tennis Federation) I found out it also has another name of Mildronate which i did not know, I take responsibility for my professionalism in my job and I made a big mistake, I know there would be consequences, and I don't want to end my career this way
I really hope I would be given another chance to play tennis again.I can't blame anyone but myself, I have let my fans down
The 5 time Grand Slam champion reportedly provided anti-doping sample on January 26,the day after she lost to Serena Williams in the quarter-finals at Australian Open.

The drug was added to WADA’s banned list as it showed “evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance.”Melodonium is a drug used clinically to treat angina, myocardial infarction and chronic heart failure.

http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/03/5-time-grand-slam-champion-maria.html
Re: 5 Time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova Tests Positive To Drug Use by Halleydavid: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2016
cry....And that's how people we see as our role models always fail us, First it was Marion Jones, now even my delicate Maria too cry cry See more of her confessions here : http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/03/5-time-grand-slam-champion-maria.html

(1) (Reply)

Napoli Footballers Splash Around On Waterlogged Turf Like Excited Little Kids (P / Egypt To Miss One Of Their Star Players In Today’s Africa Cup Of Nations Qualify / Chad Pull Out Of AFCON Qualifiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.