Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Funny Interview Experiences - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Funny Interview Experiences (1500 Views)

N-power Beneficiaries Share Experiences / My Funny Interview Experience / Share Your Interview Experiences-alabi CEO Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Interview Experiences by truthalways(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2016
Let's all share our funny interview experiences here.

I will go first. My first ever interview was a complete disaster cheesy

I stay on the mainland while the job i applied for was on the Island. I thought the distance from my house to the company would be at most 1hour 30minutes, i was in for a third mainland bridge shocker. It was my first interview as I just graduated from school, so i was completely green in the area of interview preparations; I thought it would just be a regular discussion.

I left my house around 7:00am on the day of the interview and didn't get to the company till past 9. The interview was supposed to start by 9. I went into the hall, met 3 other applicants who told me they just finished a test. Luckily for me, they didn't start the interview because the HR was waiting for me. She gave me the test and I quickly answered it to the best of my knowledge. Then the interview proper started.

After the other three applicants had been interviewed, i was called in last. I went in so nervous and visibly shaking. Was asked to take a seat directly infront of the air condition. The first question was why did you come late? I smiled and told them that i didn't know that their office was that far
and that there was traffic on third mainland bridge. I was grilled for about 45minutes. Even before leaving the company I knew I had failed my first ever interview. I couldn't believe that during the interview I was asked which department would i like to work and I thought and thought and ended up saying Accounts department, i mean, of all the departments the company had; account of all department. I am a pure science graduate o and I said accounts. I was asked why and I said because I like maths . Meanwhile the HR also added to my woes, she wore the skimpiest mini skirt i had ever seen. Ofcourse i got a regret mail after.

Luckily for me, not quite long I got invited for another interview and all I could remember was me arguing with the CEO, not the HR o but the CEO; we kept on arguing for about 15minutes. Am sure he wanted to send me out of the interview room but he maintained his cool grin .After the interview i was pretty sure i wasn't going to get the job but to my surprise i got an offer letter. Never asked why, but i guess because of the fact that i stood my grounds during the argument cool . Might work for you and might not work for you grin

That's all for now; pardon all grammatical blunders and typos

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Interview Experiences by ogunnimo(m): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
Very funny...

2 Likes

Re: Funny Interview Experiences by Taiye4Christ(m): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
truthalways:
Let's all share our funny interview experiences here.
I will go first. My first ever interview was a complete disaster cheesy
I stay on the mainland while the job i applied for was on the Island. I thought the distance from my house to the company would be at most 1hour 30minutes, i was in for a third mainland bridge shocker. It was my first interview as I just graduated from school, so i was completely green in the area of interview preparations; I thought it would just be a regular discussion.
I left my house around 7:00am on the day of the interview and didn't get to the company till past 9. The interview was supposed to start by 9. I went into the hall, met 3 other applicants who told me they just finished a test. Luckily for me, they didn't start the interview because the HR was waiting for me. She gave me the test and I quickly answered it to the best of my knowledge. Then the interview proper started.
After the other three applicants had been interviewed, i was called in last. I went in so nervous and visibly shaking. Was asked to take a seat directly infront of the air condition. The first question was why did you come late? I smiled and told them that i didn't know that their office was that far
and that there was traffic on third mainland bridge. I was grilled for about 45minutes. Even before leaving the company I knew I had failed my first ever interview. I couldn't believe that during the interview I was asked which department would i like to work and I thought and thought and ended up saying Accounts department, i mean, of all the departments the company had; account of all department. I am a pure science graduate o and I said accounts. I was asked why and I said because I like maths . Meanwhile the HR also added to my woes, she wore the skimpiest mini skirt i had ever seen. Ofcourse i got a regret mail after.
Luckily for me, not quite long I got invited for another interview and all I could remember was me arguing with the CEO, not the HR o but the CEO; we kept on arguing for about 15minutes. Am sure he wanted to send me out of the interview room but he maintained his cool grin .After the interview i was pretty sure i wasn't going to get the job but to my surprise i got an offer letter. Never asked why, but i guess because of the fact that i stood my grounds during the argument cool . Might work for you and might not work for you grin
That's all for now; pardon all grammatical blunders and typos.

shocked
Dude''s got eyes for their money grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Interview Experiences by akonibobo: 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Lemme think

1 Like

Re: Funny Interview Experiences by ShakurM(m): 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2016

Interviewer: Why would you like to work for us

Interviewee: I'm broke grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Receptionist Needed In A Drycleaning Company In OGBA LAGOS / Fresh And Urgent Vacancies / Yes-p Nationwide Protest: The Police IG Has Just Approved Our Protest (see Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.