Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? (6431 Views)

Which University Or Polytechnics Still Has Form Open - Help A Sis / Computer Science In University Or Polytechnic? Which Is Better?? / Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy & Nursing - Which Is Most Preferable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by Tbells91(f): 10:52am On Mar 09, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a friend who wants to study nursing and chose LAUTECH. As a graduate of that school and her reputation as a time-waster due to recurring strike and all, i'm thinking it would be better to go to a school of nursing and midwifery instead cz she's 21years old already. So pls I need your advice to be able to advise her appropriately on what to do.

What's your view on this?
Thanks.
Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by CnCstore: 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
University!!!.BSN is incomparable to RN,so don't ask further.

1 Like

Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by Goodyshoes(m): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
Tbells91:
Hello everyone, I have a friend who wants to study nursing and chose LAUTECH. As a graduate of that school and her reputation as a time-waster due to recurring strike and all, i'm thinking it would be better to go to a school of nursing and midwifery instead cz she's 21years old already. So pls I need your advice to be able to advise her appropriately on what to do.
Thanks.

Definitely a university.
You can compare the two institutions.
School of nursing proceeded the undergraduate course in nursing in Nigeria, however, one,being the university, offers a holistic educational experience and training unlike the school of nursing where one studies for three years and leaves with some certificate.

Advice the individual to pursue her nursing career in the university system.

Cheers.
Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by born2lead01: 11:59am On Mar 10, 2016
Tbells91:

Thanks.

After 3years of nursing school and additional one and half years of midwifery she will still have to spend 4years as a direct entry student for her degree. If lautech is known for strike, why not try other universities? Here is the list of universities offering nursing degree in Nigeria and if she settles for nursing schools here is the list of schools of nursing presently selling application form
Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by Tbells91(f): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
born2lead01:

After 3years of nursing school and additional one and half years of midwifery she will still have to spend 4years as a direct entry student for her degree. If lautech is known for strike, why not try other universities? Here is the list of universities offering nursing degree in Nigeria and if she settles for nursing schools here is the list of schools of nursing presently selling application form

Ohhh! OK.. Thank you very much
Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by Tbells91(f): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
CnCstore:
University!!!.BSN is incomparable to RN,so don't ask further.

LOL.. Yes sir.. Thanks
Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by Tbells91(f): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
Goodyshoes:

Definitely a university.
You can compare the two institutions.
School of nursing proceeded the undergraduate course in nursing in Nigeria, however, one,being the university, offers a holistic educational experience and training unlike the school of nursing where one studies for three years and leaves with some certificate.

Advice the individual to pursue her nursing career in the university system.

Cheers.

Humm.. OK.. Thank you very much!
Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by sisqology(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
Tbells91:

Thanks.

You just disgraced a school!
Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by Tbells91(f): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
sisqology:

You just disgraced a school!

Na my school na, what's your consign? undecided
Re: University Or School Of Nursing, Which Is Better? by sisqology(m): 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tbells91:

Na my school na, what's your consign? undecided

I pity the school ni

(1) (Reply)

Mother Cried When She Visited Her Daughter In UNN Enugu State- Pictures,Video / Wassce Transcript / Precious Potraits Of Nigerian & Nigeria History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.