Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? (6061 Views)

Dana Air To Fly US Based Doctors On Free Medical Mission To Uyo… / 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo / I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by JSayin(f): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
Country people well done.

Please I want to hear from people who have lived or traveled to either Calabar or Uyo and can give unbiased advice.
If you relocated from Lagos to any of these towns for any reason, I would also appreciate it if you share your experiences.

I earlier wanted to start an investment* in Calabar. I considered living costs, stability, cost of property acquisition and other things and I was fine with it. A very senior friend told me his experience in Uyo. He is very convinced my investment will do better there and I will spend less on capital expenditure.

I am on the verge of taking a final decision. I have visited the two towns. I need others to share their opinion.

*Just imagine any manufacturing investment that will need power supply, land and cheap labour. I don't want to reveal details about the investment here

cc: Lalastica
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by esqtony: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
A little detail may really be necessary for proper advice. However, I must note to you that Uyo is an emerging investment haven. Calabar for me is a home of fun where you go to spend some of your investment proceeds on vacation.
I await a little more detail on your choice of investment and I would offer you a first hand advice.
Cheers.

Currently in Uyo.

3 Likes

Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by JSayin(f): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
esqtony:
A little detail may really be necessary for proper advice. However, I must note to you that Uyo is an emerging investment haven. Calabar for me is a home of fun where you go to spend some of your investment proceeds on vacation.
I await a little more detail on your choice of investment and I would offer you a first hand advice.
Cheers.

Currently in Uyo.

Thank you esqtony.
I appreciate your comment.
As per the investment, lets assume it is a food processing company.

Sorry, I just read the part where you said 'currently in Uyo'
Do you work there?
How long have you lived there?
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by 9ja4show: 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
Calabar is better; uyo is too small

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by esqtony: 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
JSayin:

Thank you esqtony. I appreciate your comment. As per the investment, lets assume it is a food processing company.
Sorry, I just read the part where you said 'currently in Uyo' Do you work there? How long have you lived there?
I have stayed over a decade here. I'm doing business here and also studying.
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by esqtony: 8:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
9ja4show:
Calabar is better; uyo is too small
Uyo as a city is bigger than Calabar as a city in size and landmass. But as a state, Crossriver is far bigger and larger than Akwa ibom state.

3 Likes

Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by 9ja4show: 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
esqtony:

Uyo as a city is bigger than Calabar as a city in size and landmass. But as a state, Crossriver is far bigger and larger than Akwa ibom state.

You are right ; if you take keke from anywhere In uyo going anywhere it won't be more than 300-500...I don't know the populution of calabar but i will choose it over uyo anyday; uyo is far more peaceful than calabar you will have to pitch yourself if you are still in 9ja
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by tpiar: 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
Shouldnt that depend on your product and market niche.

4 Likes

Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by JSayin(f): 9:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
esqtony:

Good to know that. Which town did you relocate from if I may ask..?
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by 9ja4show: 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
JSayin:

Good to know that. Which town did you relocate from if I may ask..?

You should settle for any of the city; there is no much difference just that calabar is more fun than uyo but uyo is really peaceful
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by JSayin(f): 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
9ja4show:
uyo is far more peaceful than calabar you will have to pitch yourself if you are still in 9ja

Hi 9ja4show
Thank you for your comments

Please how long have you lived in Calabar?
What do you do for a living?
And why did you say Uyo is more peaceful than Calabar..?
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by 9ja4show: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
JSayin:

Hi 9ja4show
Thank you for your comments

Please how long have you lived in Calabar?
What do you do for a living?
And why did you say Uyo is more peaceful than Calabar..?

I live temporary in uyo but visit calabar alot, you can walk around in uyo at night peacefully and you will hardly find police patrol here but in calabar south its the opposite though there are peaceful place in calabar too but can't be compared to uyo.

I will advice you to do buisness in uyo and enjoy yourself in calabar, uyo is a cheap city to live in; if you have a car its a plus even movie ticket is 500 at Tropicana lol

1 Like

Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by JSayin(f): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
9ja4show:
even movie ticket is 500 at Tropicana lol

grin I no fit laugh abeg, lol!
Anyway, esqtony suggested almost the same thing.
Uyo for business and Calabar for leisure.

Thank you for mentioning about the security angle too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by obongitiad(m): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
esqtony:

We are abt bringing a fast food business to Uyo. Will such business do well in the city?
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by coolayou(m): 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
Fast food business is strving very well in Uyo even better than Calabar.

As a former staff of defunct Mr Biggs Uyo, I can tell you vividly that apart from Azikiwe branch in Phc and Railway branch in Aba, Uyo with 2 outlets was the eye of mgt of Mr Biggs because of turnover.

Presently, I can mention Crunchies with 2 outlets, Tantalizers with 1 outlet, Food Affairs with 2 outlets, Kilimanjaro with 2 outlets, Pepperoni with 1 outlet, Country Style Chicken with 1 outlet, Oliver tweest with 1 outlet and a couple of others ,and they are all doing well.

Uyo is heaven for investment. I am currently running a 29 room hotel facility in Uyo and I know what am saying.

The choice is yours.

7 Likes

Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by obongitiad(m): 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
coolayou:
Fast food business is strving very well in Uyo even better than Calabar.

As a former staff of defunct Mr Biggs Uyo, I can tell you vividly that apart from Azikiwe branch in Phc and Railway branch in Aba, Uyo with 2 outlets was the eye of mgt of Mr Biggs because of turnover.

Presently, I can mention Crunchies with 2 outlets, Tantalizers with 1 outlet, Food Affairs with 2 outlets, Kilimanjaro with 2 outlets, Pepperoni with 1 outlet, Country Style Chicken with 1 outlet, Oliver tweest with 1 outlet and a couple of others ,and they are all doing well.

Uyo is heaven for investment. I am currently running a 29 room hotel facility in Uyo and I know what am saying.

The choice is yours.

Wow! Thanks a million. I really appreciate this information. Its worth a million. I really appreciate.

Can I have ur number or do I send you a pm? We might need to work together soon oh!:-D
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by coolayou(m): 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
obongitiad:

Wow! Thanks a million. I really appreciate this information. Its worth a million. I really appreciate.

Can I have ur number or do I send you a pm? We might need to work together soon oh!:-D

No problem.

Zero 8 zero, twenty eight, seventy, sixty three fifty seven
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by obongitiad(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
coolayou:

No problem.

Zero 8 zero, twenty eight, seventy, sixty three fifty seven

Thank you. I'd give you a call. Do you know the owner of Montis Suites? I have a partnership proposal.
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by coolayou(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
obongitiad:

Thank you. I'd give you a call. Do you know the owner of Montis Suites? I have a partnership proposal.

Yes I do. Monday Uko, who is also the Commissioner for Youth and Sports in Aks.
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by obongitiad(m): 11:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
coolayou:

Yes I do. Monday Uko, who is also the Commissioner for Youth and Sports in Aks.

Cool. I'd give you a call tomoro. Thanks
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by esqtony: 12:44am On Dec 10, 2016
obongitiad:

We are abt bringing a fast food business to Uyo. Will such business do well in the city?

Uyo as a city has flare for new establishments. But trust me if you want to remain in business for along while, location within the city is ver y important.
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by obongitiad(m): 4:41am On Dec 10, 2016
Thanks a lot. Already working on it.

esqtony:

Uyo as a city has flare for new establishments. But trust me if you want to remain in business for along while, location within the city is ver y important.
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by esqtony: 11:59pm On Dec 10, 2016
obongitiad:
Thanks a lot. Already working on it.

Okay. Wishing you success. Where is the location? Wouldn't mind being one of your first patrons
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by obongitiad(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
esqtony:

Okay. Wishing you success. Where is the location? Wouldn't mind being one of your first patrons

we havnt picked a location yet. And we are working on sth bigger dan just a fast food. But I'd try and keep u posted.
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by esqtony: 1:37am On Dec 13, 2016
obongitiad:

we havnt picked a location yet. And we are working on sth bigger dan just a fast food. But I'd try and keep u posted.

Alright. Success
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by ifiokjohn(m): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
JSayin:
Country people well done.

Please I want to hear from people who have lived or traveled to either Calabar or Uyo and can give unbiased advice.
If you relocated from Lagos to any of these towns for any reason, I would also appreciate it if you share your experiences.

I earlier wanted to start an investment* in Calabar. I considered living costs, stability, cost of property acquisition and other things and I was fine with it. A very senior friend told me his experience in Uyo. He is very convinced my investment will do better there and I will spend less on capital expenditure.

I am on the verge of taking a final decision. I have visited the two towns. I need others to share their opinion.

*Just imagine any manufacturing investment that will need power supply, land and cheap labour. I don't want to reveal details about the investment here

cc: Lalastica
Did you later setup the business in uyo?
How is it doing?
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by frankfab(m): 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2018
Hello, please I'm planning to relocate to Uyo next year.

What is the cost of accommodation for a student like me?
Can I get any part time job?
What is the cost of the living?

Please I need your response. Thanks
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by Jandedmart: 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
Do you plan to relocate to uyo, whatsapp me and lets discuss 07033035160
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by Ndipe(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2021
Not anymore. Things have changed rapidly in Uyo. Iniobong Umoren was kidnapped and killed recently by a serial kidnapper, and rapist, Uduak Frank Akpan.

9ja4show:

I live temporary in uyo but visit calabar alot, you can walk around in uyo at night peacefully and you will hardly find police patrol here but in calabar south its the opposite though there are peaceful place in calabar too but can't be compared to uyo.

I will advice you to do buisness in uyo and enjoy yourself in calabar, uyo is a cheap city to live in; if you have a car its a plus even movie ticket is 500 at Tropicana lol

2 Likes

Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:49pm On May 12, 2021
Ndipe:
Not anymore. Things have changed rapidly in Uyo. Iniobong Umoren was kidnapped and killed recently by a serial kidnapper, and rapist, Uduak Frank Akpan.

Shut up you can compare a one murder to thousand experience in Lagos ...
Uyo is very safe
Re: Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? by Ndipe(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2021

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

8 Safety Tips For Flooded Vehicles – 9ja HSE Professionals / Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? / Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.