Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo (16911 Views)

A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Dana Air To Fly US Based Doctors On Free Medical Mission To Uyo… / See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Opinionated: 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
Uyo is a local government area and the capital of Akwa Ibom state – ‘Land Of Promise’, a major oil producing state. An activity-packed destination featuring culture, outdoor activities, fine museums, attractions and miles of beaches, Uyo presents a picture of enchanting coastal, mangrove forest, beautiful sand beach resorts, and other interesting places one can visit. Whether you’re an adventure seeker, movie lover, golfer, foodie, shopaholic or collector of random facts, you will find there are so many things to do while visiting. And if you are worried you would get bored eventually, Jumia Travel Africa’s No.1 online hotel booking site offers 5 ways to spice up your trip to Uyo.

Spend some time playing Golf

Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort is one of the most beautiful hotels in Nigeria as a whole and definitely the most prestigious destination within Uyo city. Aside from the lodging space, restaurants, and bars, the Golf resort stands out as an ideal location for any golf enthusiast and professional alike. The lush greens of the world class 18 hole golf course, creates the right atmosphere for the most challenging memorable golfing experience. Visit the resort and experience a breathtaking view and Tee-off on West Africa’s Premier lush green Golf Resort. The rates start from N34,500 per room per night in the Deluxe Room or N37,500 per room per night in the Executive Room and the packages include: unlimited Golf and complimentary internet access.

Go shopping at Ibom Plaza

Spend the afternoon browsing the incredible deals at Ibom plaza on your fun-filled excursion to Uyo. Along the way, make a stop at the intriguing monument which symbolizes the unity of the people of Akwa Ibom state and keep your eyes peeled for some famous local personalities. The Ibom Plaza also has an open theater and a double-rolled water fountain within the Plaza. Aside from shopping at its shopping centre, you get an opportunity to appreciate modern history, as the unique thing about Ibom Plaza is that it stands out as the first-of-its-kind in the history of city modernization in Nigeria.

Go meet someone at the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Center

Created in the image of Sun City of South Africa and the famous Disneyland in Orlando, Florida, USA, the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre is a marvel. The center, which is a modern leisure and business resort, stuns every visitor. There is usually a crowd at this location and most times, you are bound to make an acquaintance while strolling through its myriad corridors. Meeting someone new is a good way to create fun memories of any place. All you need is your purse and possibly a selfie stick for picture perfect moments.

Go sight seeing

This may sound boring as it is a basic tourist activity, but with Uyo, it can yield a rewarding experience. Visit the National Museum in Uyo L.G.A to view some of the finest carvings, relics, artifacts, and other valuable antiquities such as masquerade costumes, traditional instruments, and pottery; the Ibom International Stadium an all-seater national sports stadium home to the Nigerian Super Eagles as well as a center for various social, cultural, and religious events; Lord Lugard’s residence; the Presbyterian church; and so many other interesting sites. You are bound to learn so much more about the city, its history, culture and way of life.

Explore Ibeno Beach

A 30 km-long beach of clean sea sand, Ibeno beach is a destination in Uyo that attracts visitors not just from neighboring states and cities, but tourists from outside the country on a regular basis. This beautiful sand beach provides recreational facilities with excellent opportunities for water sports. A couple of similar beaches are at Ikot Abasi, Abadia, Nwaniba, and Oron. If you are not keen on doing anything hectic, such as surfing, you can just have a nice picnic with friends or play beach volleyball. Either way, you are bound to have fun.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-ways-spice-trip-uyo/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
Home sweet home

17 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by veekid(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2017

here we go
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by slurryeye: 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
More pics Op

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by kurajordan(m): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
Just buy galla and lacasera

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by lastdonib: 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
Will like to serve in this beautiful city

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by jumich1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Uyo is a fast developing beutiful city. I enjoyed every bit of my shot stay there. wink

Op more pics please

12 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by TroubleMaker47(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Opinionated:
Uyo is a local government area and the capital of Akwa Ibom state – ‘Land Of Promise’, a major oil producing state. An activity-packed destination featuring culture, outdoor activities, fine museums, attractions and miles of beaches, Uyo presents a picture of enchanting coastal, mangrove forest, beautiful sand beach resorts, and other interesting places one can visit. Whether you’re an adventure seeker, movie lover, golfer, foodie, shopaholic or collector of random facts, you will find there are so many things to do while visiting. And if you are worried you would get bored eventually, Jumia Travel Africa’s No.1 online hotel booking site offers 5 ways to spice up your trip to Uyo.

Spend some time playing Golf

Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort is one of the most beautiful hotels in Nigeria as a whole and definitely the most prestigious destination within Uyo city. Aside from the lodging space, restaurants, and bars, the Golf resort stands out as an ideal location for any golf enthusiast and professional alike. The lush greens of the world class 18 hole golf course, creates the right atmosphere for the most challenging memorable golfing experience. Visit the resort and experience a breathtaking view and Tee-off on West Africa’s Premier lush green Golf Resort. The rates start from N34,500 per room per night in the Deluxe Room or N37,500 per room per night in the Executive Room and the packages include: unlimited Golf and complimentary internet access.

Go shopping at Ibom Plaza

Spend the afternoon browsing the incredible deals at Ibom plaza on your fun-filled excursion to Uyo. Along the way, make a stop at the intriguing monument which symbolizes the unity of the people of Akwa Ibom state and keep your eyes peeled for some famous local personalities. The Ibom Plaza also has an open theater and a double-rolled water fountain within the Plaza. Aside from shopping at its shopping centre, you get an opportunity to appreciate modern history, as the unique thing about Ibom Plaza is that it stands out as the first-of-its-kind in the history of city modernization in Nigeria.

Go meet someone at the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Center

Created in the image of Sun City of South Africa and the famous Disneyland in Orlando, Florida, USA, the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre is a marvel. The center, which is a modern leisure and business resort, stuns every visitor. There is usually a crowd at this location and most times, you are bound to make an acquaintance while strolling through its myriad corridors. Meeting someone new is a good way to create fun memories of any place. All you need is your purse and possibly a selfie stick for picture perfect moments.

Go sight seeing

This may sound boring as it is a basic tourist activity, but with Uyo, it can yield a rewarding experience. Visit the National Museum in Uyo L.G.A to view some of the finest carvings, relics, artifacts, and other valuable antiquities such as masquerade costumes, traditional instruments, and pottery; the Ibom International Stadium an all-seater national sports stadium home to the Nigerian Super Eagles as well as a center for various social, cultural, and religious events; Lord Lugard’s residence; the Presbyterian church; and so many other interesting sites. You are bound to learn so much more about the city, its history, culture and way of life.

[[s]b]Explore Ibeno Beach[/b]

A 30 km-long beach of clean sea sand, Ibeno beach is a destination in Uyo that attracts visitors not just from neighboring states and cities, but tourists from outside the country on a regular basis. This beautiful sand beach provides recreational facilities with excellent opportunities for water sports. A couple of similar beaches are at Ikot Abasi, Abadia, Nwaniba, and Oron. If you are not keen on doing anything hectic, such as surfing, you can just have a nice picnic with friends or play beach volleyball. Either way, you are bound to have fun.[/s]

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-ways-spice-trip-uyo/

Op i taught ur post is about UYO! angry

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by leksmedia: 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Its definitely a cool and beautiful place, But my people will say food wey sweet na money kill am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by bikerboy1(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
;DMake sure you have enough cash in your pocket, Otherwise you will turn to lookuzade undecided

8 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by naijaboiy: 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
This article should be renamed "Five ways to spend your money in UYO".

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by phatasschick(f): 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by TroubleMaker47(m): 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Uyo. Besides girls.. uyo is a quite boring city! angry

11 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by SageTravels: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
So On Point.

Read How To stay Classy when Travelling to UYO http://sagetravels.com/5-ways-stay-classy-relaxed-travelling/
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by 0mololar: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by kingzjay(m): 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
The land of my birth....

Akwa Ibom nnyin ayaiya oh!

15 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Giannakopoulos(f): 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
OP put up the photos of those places and prices as well...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Drsheddy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
K
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hello good music lovers, I must confess that of all the IF covers I have listened to, Yung Eddy's version is the best. The beat has a little touch of groovy reggae.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5178002_1492549880666_jpeg0aac0895b361618bcfa0adeea0eace4e
Click on the link below to download. Do share with friends and music lovers!!!

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/207450
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by emmadejust(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
I love Uyo ,Mosquito free town
U can sleep outside till dawn

Unlike Port Harcourt nowadays filled with dangerous mosquito that embarrass someone sleep.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
TroubleMaker47:

UYO!
Ibeno is hidden deep inside eket and nothing fun about the beach apart from suya and booze... grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by ruemujerome(m): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
uyo is one of the most beautiful city we have in naija. I really enjoyed my service year with the hospitable people over there in dat state.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Ayoswit(f): 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
K, uyo ado ok

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by quadreyatom(m): 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Discovery park beside Uyo township stadium is also one of the best place to chill at night...#Soft Music mehn!

If you go to Uyo and you didn't give a taste of Chicken and plantain...Oboi you are missing!!!

18 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
oh! uyo ..

< in Godswill akpabio's voice > grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by jasysandra(f): 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Liamm(m): 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Good. Uyo is only sweet if you got the dough. If u no get change, e boring die

WASA PLASA is a good hanging out spot on Sunday eves.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Tedassie(m): 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
Home sweet home
wow

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Memories...
I served in Uyo and it was kinda boring at first _ till I got to know my way around town. Le Meridien was the spot we go for chapman and irish potatoes... grin
Night movies @ Ibom Tropicana, that cinema meat pie dey sweet sha.
Ibeno beach, went there twice (very bad road leading to Eket).
Went to the museum once and it was dry, but I used to sit with my friends at the lawn to gist. I bought foodstuffs at Akpanadem, every other at Shop n Save.
Made my hair at Gibbs street off Oron rd, there is also one very nice movie shop at the end of Gibbs street,like say you're heading towards Barracks road.

Then four-lane all the way to Nwaniba!!! That's where we used to race...that road is smooth!! cheesy

Oh, I can never forget Power City church, with their interior lighting like a club house. lipsrsealed

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by joebeckz(m): 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
You didn't add the important one, carry your rubbers if not u fit return with a person carrying another person grin
na joke I de joke oh.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Neldrizzy(m): 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
I love Uyo, I was there 4 months ago, spend about 3days ( stayed at calabar ikot road)

I love their food, but I make sure I didn't eat any meat all through my stay cheesy

Their roads is superb.

Their security agencies Are amazing.

For the wobé people, make sure you don't take any hard drugs with you. They don't joke with it there. ( I will reserve my experience with them till another day).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel-Laden Tanker Falls, Spills Content On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) / Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State / Work And Live In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.