Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Examination Not The True Text Of Knowledge - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Examination Not The True Text Of Knowledge (3259 Views)

JAMB: Galadima Zakari's 364, The True Highest Score In 2018 UTME / Placard Of Protesting Sacked Kaduna Teachers: "Exam Not True Test Of Knowledge" / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Examination Not The True Text Of Knowledge by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
I could remember during my undergraduate days. A lecturer(doctorate degree holder) of mine whenever he is in class will always echo the Statement"if I don't test you with exam what will I test you with".He so much believe in exam to the extent that student in class respond in unison "what will I test you with" the moment he says" if I don't test you with Exam".

Really for me I don't buy that ideology. Reasons be that what determine an A student includes

1 More concern about his/her grade

2 Ability to assimilate chunk of information in his/her medular oblangata (cramming ability) irrespective of the time frame.

3 Speed in writing what he or she has accumulated in his/her medullar (Bet me very useful in exam).

Somebody possessing more knowledge, if not lacking the later two properties of an A student must surely lack the first. Reason be that knowledge facilitate or promote technical know -how while grade promote academic excellence for the purpose of been congratulated. You are either more concern about the grade or the knowledge, both can't go hand in hand. Am sorry to say but B and C students are best in there field of study.

A typical scenario happened during my undergraduate days when a friend of my boasted that he never reads his notes until one or two weeks to exam. I doubted it ,he gave me one of his course note to always take home the moment he finish writing the lecturers note on each lecture day for that course. I returned the note One week to the exam and finally he got A even his score was more higher than mine (76 and 73).
Re: Examination Not The True Text Of Knowledge by missingrib(f): 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
yap..everyone knows that.but that is the only thing that can keep the student in check..just imagine going to school without writing exam..u ursef will relent after all no exams..
Re: Examination Not The True Text Of Knowledge by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
missingrib:
yap..everyone knows that.but that is the only thing that can keep the student in check..just imagine going to school without writing exam..u ursef will relent after all no exams..
The academic system should be reformed

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Extends The Sale Of Its Online Application Form / JAMB 2018: How To Successfully Score Very High In Jamb(300+) CBT Exam / Five Banks In Nigeria With High Savings Interest Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.