Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t (1926 Views)

Identical Twins Who Fooled The Iphone X Face ID / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / Top 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S8 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by dimsonu(m): 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
Samsung's latest phones are the company's best ever

Fewer smartphone rivalries are more intense than that between Apple and Samsung. Both companies dominated the smartphone space in 2015, with Samsung’s phones accounting for roughly 22% of the global market and Apple’s nabbing just over 16%, according to IDC.

Samsung’s latest contenders are sure to keep the rivalry hot. The Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge pack several improvements over their predecessors, like a better camera, improved hardware design and water resistance.

Here’s a look at five features found in the Galaxy S7 that aren’t on the iPhone.

1. Launch the camera by double tapping the home button

On Samsung’s newer phones, you can double press the home button to launch the camera. This, Samsung claims, lets users launch the camera in less than a second.

Apple doesn’t have the same shortcut, but you can launch the camera quickly from the home screen by tapping on the camera icon in the lower right corner.

2. Take clearer low-light photos without using flash

One of the Galaxy S7’s biggest improvements compared to its predecessors is the ability to take better images in dim conditions. Samsung has increased the size of the pixels in its camera sensor, which lets it take in more light.

I found this to be true. A picture shot in a dark bar looked brighter and less grainy when taken on the Galaxy S7 versus the iPhone 6s Plus. That being said, Apple also has its own methods of improving photography in poorly lit situations. The iPhone 6s is capable of using the phone’s screen as a flash when taking photos with the front-facing camera, for instance.

3. Make a payment using your phone without NFC

Most mobile payment systems, including Apple Pay, rely on a technology called Near Field Communication (NFC) to connect your smartphone to a payment terminal. While NFC support is becoming more common in the retail world, it’s still not everywhere.

Samsung Pay, however, can be used with almost any payment terminal. That means it works just about anywhere credit cards are accepted regardless of whether or not the cash register supports NFC.

4. Charge your phone without plugging it in

Like many Android smartphones, Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 can be charged wirelessly. Rather than plugging the phone into an outlet, users can rest the device on a charging pad to replenish its battery.

The type of wireless technology built in to Samsung’s newest phones (and the Galaxy S6) is made to work with just about any charging mat available. Although some tinkerers have developed workarounds that allow wireless charging on the iPhone, the feature is not officially supported.

5. Add extra storage space

Users who store hours worth of movies, TV shows, and music on their mobile devices will appreciate this feature. Galaxy S7 owners can add more storage space to their device by popping in a new microSD card. Both phones support up to 200GB in extra storage space.

My Verdict.
This was copied from a Time.com article.
The features number 2,4 and 5 make sense for me.

Number 1 is not enough reason. I know some tecno phones whose camera comes on without you even doing anything. I mean nothing whatsoever. So it's not a bragging right.

Am in Warri Nigeria, number 3 feature can as well be removed and they should pay me the fee for that. I might never use it... Not because I don't wish to, but I may never have the opportunity.

Still trying to figure out how number 4 will work. I swear I will be charging my phone with my neighbor's electric connection... Them go pay bill tire.

#does phone section make front page

1 Like

Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
how much
Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by Kondomatic(m): 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
I prefer Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro to the two phones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by divinehand2003(m): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
Cool mehnn
Awesome
Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
can it do pregnancy test?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by augster(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
Kondomatic:
I prefer Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro to the two phones.
ma nigga!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by daphid25(m): 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
Me, I prefer phantom5
Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by Marvell23(m): 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
dimsonu:
Samsung's latest phones are the company's best ever

Fewer smartphone rivalries are more intense than that between Apple and Samsung. Both companies dominated the smartphone space in 2015, with Samsung’s phones accounting for roughly 22% of the global market and Apple’s nabbing just over 16%, according to IDC.

Samsung’s latest contenders are sure to keep the rivalry hot. The Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge pack several improvements over their predecessors, like a better camera, improved hardware design and water resistance.

Here’s a look at five features found in the Galaxy S7 that aren’t on the iPhone.

1. Launch the camera by double tapping the home button

On Samsung’s newer phones, you can double press the home button to launch the camera. This, Samsung claims, lets users launch the camera in less than a second.

Apple doesn’t have the same shortcut, but you can launch the camera quickly from the home screen by tapping on the camera icon in the lower right corner.

2. Take clearer low-light photos without using flash

One of the Galaxy S7’s biggest improvements compared to its predecessors is the ability to take better images in dim conditions. Samsung has increased the size of the pixels in its camera sensor, which lets it take in more light.

I found this to be true. A picture shot in a dark bar looked brighter and less grainy when taken on the Galaxy S7 versus the iPhone 6s Plus. That being said, Apple also has its own methods of improving photography in poorly lit situations. The iPhone 6s is capable of using the phone’s screen as a flash when taking photos with the front-facing camera, for instance.

3. Make a payment using your phone without NFC

Most mobile payment systems, including Apple Pay, rely on a technology called Near Field Communication (NFC) to connect your smartphone to a payment terminal. While NFC support is becoming more common in the retail world, it’s still not everywhere.

Samsung Pay, however, can be used with almost any payment terminal. That means it works just about anywhere credit cards are accepted regardless of whether or not the cash register supports NFC.

4. Charge your phone without plugging it in

Like many Android smartphones, Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 can be charged wirelessly. Rather than plugging the phone into an outlet, users can rest the device on a charging pad to replenish its battery.

The type of wireless technology built in to Samsung’s newest phones (and the Galaxy S6) is made to work with just about any charging mat available. Although some tinkerers have developed workarounds that allow wireless charging on the iPhone, the feature is not officially supported.

5. Add extra storage space

Users who store hours worth of movies, TV shows, and music on their mobile devices will appreciate this feature. Galaxy S7 owners can add more storage space to their device by popping in a new microSD card. Both phones support up to 200GB in extra storage space.

My Verdict.
This was copied from a Time.com article.
The features number 2,4 and 5 make sense for me.

Number 1 is not enough reason. I know some tecno phones whose camera comes on without you even doing anything. I mean nothing whatsoever. So it's not a bragging right.

Am in Warri Nigeria, number 3 feature can as well be removed and they should pay me the fee for that. I might never use it... Not because I don't wish to, but I may never have the opportunity.

Still trying to figure out how number 4 will work. I swear I will be charging my phone with my neighbor's electric connection... Them go pay bill tire.

#does phone section make front page
The first reason is nothing to write home about . Mtk phones like Tecno ,you can draw C while the screen is off to launch the camera. Other four features are innovative
Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by kayslimshady(m): 7:15am On Mar 10, 2016
I rather stick to my iPhone 6s. iPhone is way ahead. I have used both brands. iPhone leads.
Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by flokii: 7:30am On Mar 10, 2016
viickerz:

grin

it should be able to... wirelessly

with all d hype wey we don see

1 Like

Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by jordyspices: 7:53am On Mar 10, 2016
viickerz:
. No but I heardit can do an impotency test grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by Lexusgs430: 7:58am On Mar 10, 2016
Not forgetting the inbuilt AC to cool the phone down.
Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by xage(m): 8:03am On Mar 10, 2016
I don't know what it is in Samsung that ever since I tried it it has been my brand, so soft touch and easy navigating.

I love samsung
Re: 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S7 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 10, 2016
@op have you seen the developers preview of Android N?..the N features are made in heaven and it has features that are similar and have sopased the latest ios ....I have a lot work to do this weekend as I am gonna work on preview to see if I can compile for my nexus 4 as the preview is only for nexus 6p,5x,n6 etc

(1) (Reply)

Fero Mobile Launches Royale Y2 Smartphone Into Nigerian Market / Itel S32 LTE To Go On Sale On March 14 For N44,000 / How Good Is The Camera Of Google Pixel Phones???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.