Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat (2157 Views)

See The New Outrageous Kano State Property Tax (pics) / 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) / Cost Of Building Six Flats Of Two Bedrooms (1 Storey Building) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by lolzzzz: 12:05am On Mar 10, 2016
Abeg ooo, I was complaining that my initial bill of six thousands plus was to much now it's over ten thousand for a two bedroom flat. Bear it in mind that I don't have AC oooo and I'm living alone. I come back home around 7pm from work, most times I don't get to use the electricity for 5hours per day.

I have no electric cooker, I only have a TV, home theatre (I don't even use it often), one pressing iron, decoder, microwave, small fridge and standing fans.

I stopped paying the 6k at a point, now it's ten thousand. EEDC must be joking.

This is extortion. Metre Nigerians or don't expect payment, estimated bill must stop, you cannot use us to complement your incompetence.

Them never born them well to come cut my light, na bottle I go take pursue them.

Mynd44 abeg do your job

2 Likes

Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by ikorodureporta: 12:08am On Mar 10, 2016
Sai baba grin

2 Likes

Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by BeClever: 12:11am On Mar 10, 2016
lolzzzz:
Abeg ooo, I was complaining that my initial bill of six thousands plus was to much now it's over ten thousand for a two bedroom flat. Bear it in mind that I don't have AC oooo and I'm living alone. I come back home around 7pm from work, most times I don't get to use the electricity for 5hours per day.

I have no electric cooker, I only have a TV, home theatre (I don't even use it often), one pressing iron, decoder, microwave, small fridge and standing fans.

This is extortion. Metre Nigerians or don't expect payment, estimated bill must stop, you cannot use us to complement your incompetence.

Them never born them well to come cut my light, na bottle I go take pursue them.

Mynd44 abeg do your job

If you can just murder one of them then maybe you will be the hero to free ppl from the clutches of PHCN..
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by lolzzzz: 12:15am On Mar 10, 2016
BeClever:

If you can just murder one of them then maybe you will be the hero to free ppl from the clutches of PHCN..

let me catch them near my light eh. I'm just so angry here.... Haba

How can I consume 10k worth of electricity when I barely stay home? I Even visit friends most weekends.

If they disconnet me, I well connect it back illegally. God go punish them

1 Like

Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by Standing5(m): 12:32am On Mar 10, 2016
That's the latest in town. They inflate ur bills and lead you on until it becomes inevitable for you to get a prepaid meter at which stage you would asked to clear you old bill before you can have it. You will be force to part with a criminal amount to the goverment(with them getting their share) or settle them directly as you are likely doing now to stay connected. When Fashola comes out to say pay more and i see clearly that the apparatus to manage collection of bills paid is shaky i just laugh.
The prepaid meters that are suppose to checkmate the corrupt PHCN staffs are already being manufactured in Nigeria, so what's the problem again?
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by MRBrownJ: 12:46am On Mar 10, 2016
lolzzzz:

Mynd44 abeg do your job

maybe somebody's flat is hooked up to your electricity supply? but as the main source of that super high bill is the arrear, you should talk to them and ask these mad men which arrears they are writing about
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 10, 2016
Having people pay for what they did not use is corruption and ultimately exploitation. If Buhari is so serious about his anti-corruption campaign matter of police exploitation and Nepa exploitation should have been nipped. U cant travel around the world shouting anti corruption while u left corruption that could be stopped by just a order unattended to. U can't be prosecuting Dasuki for $2.1 billion..N400 billion while you allow Nepa to rip off Nigerians about same amount. U increase tarriff without installing prepaid meter... Then what are you billing? If Buhari can't stop all this Discos because they are own by his General friends then 3 years seems too far, or better still we should brace up for outright revolution.

1 Like

Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by lolzzzz: 12:55am On Mar 10, 2016
MRBrownJ:

maybe somebody's flat is hooked up to your electricity supply? but as the main source of that super high bill is the arrear, you should talk to them and ask these mad men which arrears they are writing about
I'm not connected to any flat, I spoke to the marketing manager about the bill, because I was paying it before now but he swore not to reduce it so I stopped paying. I will just allow my rent expire then relocate. God knows I won't pay this shiit
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by MRBrownJ: 1:04am On Mar 10, 2016
lolzzzz:
I'm not connected to any flat, I spoke to the marketing manager about the bill, because I was paying it before now but he swore not to reduce it so I stopped paying. I will just allow my rent expire then relocate. God knows I won't pay this shiit

no, i meant maybe someone is getting THEIR electricity from YOUR electricity supply
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by lolzzzz: 1:14am On Mar 10, 2016
MRBrownJ:

no, i meant maybe someone is getting THEIR electricity from YOUR electricity supply
how possible is this? They give all of us estimated bills, we have no metres.
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by RevDesm0ndJuju: 1:18am On Mar 10, 2016
MRBrownJ:

Mumu do you know what estimated bill means?
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by RevDesm0ndJuju: 1:19am On Mar 10, 2016
MRBrownJ:

You dull no be small
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by MRBrownJ: 1:23am On Mar 10, 2016
lolzzzz:
how possible is this? They give all of us estimated bills, we have no metres.

oh sorry my bad, i thought you had a meter.

RevDesm0ndJuju:

You dull no be small

Mumu do you know what estimated bill means?

guilty as charged... but instead of putting me down, telling me how it actually does work would have been more productive for the 2 of us.

4 Likes

Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by RevDesm0ndJuju: 1:26am On Mar 10, 2016
MRBrownJ:

oh sorry my bad, i thought you had a meter.

guilty as charged... but instead of putting me down, telling me how it actually does work would have been more productive for the 2 of us.

NL is not a classroom

Next time comment on issues you know of
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by MRBrownJ: 1:32am On Mar 10, 2016
RevDesm0ndJuju:

NL is not a classroom
Next time comment on issues you know of

that was a suggestion (as i did write "maybe"wink, but thanks for the advice professor

2 Likes

Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by Vicadonis(m): 1:45am On Mar 10, 2016
Fashola is an elitist and doesn't care a bit about the masses. Trust me the 45% is on. Take it or you leave it
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by ifyalways(f): 4:01am On Mar 10, 2016
Get a prepaid meter.

1 Like

Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by kenny987(f): 5:22am On Mar 10, 2016
Thus is the madness I cannot understand. Mine is a one bedroom flat that has had a prepaid metre since August last year yet they brought a bill this month with arrears of almost 90k from August 2915 to February ds yr. The monthly bill for Jan-Feb was 14k plus while that for Dec-Jan was 18k plus.

I just moved in beginning of Feb, the flat has been unoccupied since Dec when d previous tenant moved yet they are still manufacturing bills for a flat that has a prepaid metre o!
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by signz: 5:51am On Mar 10, 2016
lolzzzz:

Mynd44 abeg do your job

Go to their office and tell them you won't pay this 10k per month. Call the marketer and tell her to come and pick your points. If you don't protest, it will be like this and there's nothing you can do about it.

I thought that NERC said that only those who are metered should have their bill increased and not those who don't have meters
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by realestworld(m): 6:10am On Mar 10, 2016
Buhari till 2023!!!
Baddest president ever liveth
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by SolexxBarry(m): 6:15am On Mar 10, 2016
Lol,Mr Bubu has taken our resources,now we are left with "change"
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 10, 2016
I'm so glad they gave me a prepaid meter when they did. How I for do?

Guy, go. Complain! angry angry angry
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by mejai(m): 7:35am On Mar 10, 2016
same tin for my hood. EEDC is messed up.
Re: The Outrageous Electricity Bill I Got For A Two Bedrooms Flat by juman(m): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2016
Unfortunate country.

(1) (Reply)

6 Units Of A Room & Parlor Self Contain For Sale In Ibadan (images 6.5m) / Wallpaper Vs Paint :the Better Choice For Your Walls / OMEGA COURT OPEBI: 3 Bedroom Flat Off Plan Sales At Opebi Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.