Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander (23799 Views)

Corper Accused Of Stealing Chicken Flogged With Rods & Cutlass (Disturbing Pics) / Kenyan Teacher Tied, Flogged In Public For Raping Students (Photos, Video) / Man Flogged For Touching A Lady’s Buttocks In FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by zinachidi(m): 7:58am On Mar 10, 2016
THE Nigerian Army Unit Commander stationed at Ovre-Eku community, Ethiope East Local Government Area, Delta State, Lt. E. D. Oworobo, has told a police source that the reason he ordered his men to flog the women who had embarked on a peaceful protest over a disputed land claimed by PRESCO Oil Company, was because they attempted to disarm his men.

Oworobo and his men of the 4th Brigade Command, Benin-City, Edo State, had last Wednesday, flogged and kicked hundreds of women protesting at Ovre-Eku (Iwevbo) community over a land which had been in dispute for years between Edo and Delta states.
The source who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that Oworobo had contacted the District Officer, DO, of Eku Police station, Mr. Andrew Efejedia, in an attempt to exonerate himself and his men of any wrong doing in the incident, where he claimed that he had no option than to order his men to use minimal force to disperse the protesters who had tried to disarm his men.
According to the source, Oworobo had asked the DO, “Don’t you know it is a crime to carry a charm according to the Criminal Code of Nigeria?”

Meanwhile, Lt. Oworobo has also threatened to deal with the Warri correspondents of The Authority and The Nation newspapers, Theophilus Onojeghen and Bolaji Ogundele, both of whom had contacted him to know what actually transpired between his men and the protesting women.
The offence of the journalists was their temerity to contact him for the military’s side of the incident.
In separate reactions to the journalists, an angry Lt Oworobo had described them as idiots and madmen, allegedly saying: “You’re an idiot. You’re a mad man. Why are you calling me? So I should report to you abi? Who are you to call me? If you ever call me in your life, I’ll deal mercilessly with you.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/why-we-flogged-protesting-women-in-delta-army-unit-commander/
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by WizyTechs: 7:59am On Mar 10, 2016
Flogging a woman? Ahh shocked !!! Some people get mind ooo.

Things de happen for this country. New day, new story

www.wizytechs.com

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by donbenedict(m): 8:01am On Mar 10, 2016
Phew.
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Aristotle96(m): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2016
donbenedict:
Phew.
u na every thread u just dy phew phew grin

8 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by donbenedict(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2016
Aristotle96:
u na every thread u just dy phew phew grin
phew grin

19 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Nzepresh(f): 8:15am On Mar 10, 2016
...Flogging women on peaceful protest? Abeg does this temperamental man have a wife and was he given birth to by a woman? What is really happening in this country?

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Kondomatic(m): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2016
Lwkmd...... Armless women attempted to disarm armed soldiers. That was hilarious.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Kondomatic(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2016
Nzepresh:
...Flogging women on peaceful protest? Abeg does this temperamental man have a wife and was he given birth to by a woman? What is really happening in this country?
What do you expect? What goes around comes around. They did to other people and we did nothing because it was none of our business, now they're doing it to us and those other people won't do nothing cause it is none of their business.

That's the problem with Nigeria and Nigerians.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Fiwasayo(f): 11:08am On Mar 10, 2016
Mtcheeew angry they're justifying their actions undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 10, 2016
Son of a goat. Must have been flogging his mother at home

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 10, 2016
grin wink grin grin grin
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Lanretoye(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2016
When i dey young,i dey first eat meat wey dey ontop my food before i eat the food...the thing master me so tay i dey first comment before i read post.
Make i read y dem flog the woman self.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Ayoswit(f): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2016
Na una mama mate una just flog so
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by zeekeyboy: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2016
lol.......dahs naija 4 u.......meanwhile black out in unilag
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by greatness22(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria, a country were the armed forces are winning the war against women who are unarmed and loosing the war against terrorist.

Useless bastards.

48 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by bettercreature(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2016
Nzepresh:
His wife wouldnt want to disarm a soldier,Lets train our parents if we are smarter than them,Don't use given birth as a excuse all living things do it without complaining

10 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by MrAboki: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2016
Very Good.

Flog them proper. angry

They tried to disarm the Military so they got an asswhooping.

Case Closed.

8 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by SycophanticGoat: 11:13am On Mar 10, 2016
New lies our military officials under Burantashi tells;

They tried to assassinate me
They tried to disarm us

So I ask, how will old women try to disarm military personnel? How is that even possible? Even with jazz, they can't still try it, so they should tell us another lie.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by cremedelacreme: 11:13am On Mar 10, 2016
Idiots, flogging unarmed women staging a peaceful protest. When una see Boko Haram now una no go fit stand .angry

4 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Ephemmm: 11:13am On Mar 10, 2016
It is an act of idiosyncrasy to argue with a man that carries a gun - Wole Soyinka.

10 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by orumajunior(m): 11:14am On Mar 10, 2016
Unarmed protesting women disarming Nigerian Army since 1960 , what a shame no matter the offence!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by ellovee(m): 11:15am On Mar 10, 2016
When has it become an offence to stage a peaceful protest? Isn't it time to strip these uncivilised military officials of their uniform? It is unspeakable anywhere in the world that protesting women are meted with such treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by seunlayi(m): 11:15am On Mar 10, 2016
[size=15pt]“You’re an idiot. You’re a mad man. Why are you calling me? So I should report to you abi? Who are you to call me? If you ever call me in your life, I’ll deal mercilessly with you.”

Is that an appropriate language from a 2nd lieutenant? Can't he simply tell them he is not in position to talk...etc.

no wonder people are calling my darling country "ZOO"[/size]

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by seunlayi(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2016
i can t just belive this

1 Like

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by Frankiss44(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2016
SMH.... There was a country undecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by tenderlaw(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha. I haff laff tire.

grin grin grin
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by lekkie073(m): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2016
Nzepresh:
so they should allow d daughters of Eve to disarm them like they did to Samson

E no go work shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by adedam007(m): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by hakeem4(m): 11:18am On Mar 10, 2016
Flog on

1 Like

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by donifez(m): 11:18am On Mar 10, 2016
When I read the charm part I knew he was lying using that as a justification for his action,Journalist contacted him he was insulting them...do you flog a man kinsmen and watch him hail you.

He has no right to be wearing a uniform.

He is a goat,and I don't mean the greatest of all time...but the one that need to be slaughtered.

8 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by deandavid(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2016
MrAboki:
Very Good.

Flog them proper. angry

They tried to disarm the Military so they got an asswhooping.

Case Closed.
so u believe, women can disarm armed military men?
am sure u are one of those who believed ese willingly followed yenusa to kano.
and am still very sure, u are a muslim from the north.
am beginning to buy into the idea of breaking this country.

16 Likes

Re: Why We Flogged Protesting Women In Delta —army Unit Commander by fairheven: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2016
cheesy grin disarm! Nigerian army has natural instinct for lying

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9-Year-Old Boy, Eze Obinna, Missing In Jos (Photo) / Poly Graduate Awaiting NYSC Call Up Commits Suicide In Aba / Boy Suffers Serious Burns After Physically Abused By His Aunt In Imo (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.