Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking (4297 Views)

Hilarious Photos Of Babies Who Didn't Want Their Shots Taken! / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her / If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by purityannabel(f): 9:11am On Mar 10, 2016
my brother in law staying with us is driving me crazy. ....many at times when he comes back from school ...He will just keep his school bag and leave the house without my knowledge ooooo..... He won't even bother to fetch water just from the tank oooo.....if I want to cook I will go down stairs and fetch it before doing the cooking. then if he later come back he will ask me for food........
Am just tired of this teenage boy.....I dont know what to do ........Pls your opinion will be appreciated. ......
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by kilokeys(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2016
Talk to ur husband

I love defining roles.. We all have roles to play.. We compromise when situation changes.. But we still have e roles to play..

I am a great chef.. But i never cook when I visit folks.. Why?.. I do the tougher tasks.. Repairs, generators and errands.

So.. Dont be emotional about it.. Just bring it to the table.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Chanchit: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2016
It depends on the tribe, if you are Yoruba, then I'm sorry, he can only fetch the water If he feels like it or you beg/ask politely. But if you are Igbo, I think you have the right to ask him to fetch the water, I do see many like that here.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2016
You should tell your husband to talk to him on the need to make himself useful in the house. He just might take to his words and turn a new leaf.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by MsTIQ(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2016
U need to speak to Your husband.
Everyone should have jobs assigned to 'em.
Just like your hubby goes out and work.
U cook too
He should have a job to do too
And U can always ask him to 'help' fetch water anytime he's back from school.
I'm sure he wouldn't refuse.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by kilokeys(m): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2016
Chanchit:
It depends on the tribe, if you are Yoruba, then I'm sorry, he can only fetch the water If he feels like it or you beg/ask politely. But if you are Igbo, I think you have the right to ask him to fetch the water, I do see many like that here.

Una dey madt o.. And she is now the slave?. No sense in that culture..

Fine. I understand, In laws have to be respected..

But I wouldn't stoop to an outlaw

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by LouisBERG: 9:23am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by utenwuson: 9:24am On Mar 10, 2016
if he s not living with u, u won't cook? who fetches d water wen he hasn't come? leave dt boy mk he groove no be house boy
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by purityannabel(f): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2016
thanks for the comments. ...
am expecting more views
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by adorablepepple(f): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2016
purityannabel:
my brother in law staying with us is driving me crazy. ....many at times when he comes back from school ...He will just keep his school bag and leave the house without my knowledge ooooo..... He won't even bother to fetch water just from the tank oooo.....if I want to cook I will go down stairs and fetch it before doing the cooking. then if he later come back he will ask me for food........
Am just tired of this teenage boy.....I dont know what to do ........Pls your opinion will be appreciated. ......
undecided I see no reason Why he won't be useful,am Yoruba and there is nothing Like if he is willing to do it or not.
First,ask your husband to please order his brother to start fetching water and wash plates after meals,you are not his slave.
If your husband refuse to do that, you are the manager of your home, tell him to fetch water for you ,there is no harm in asking, his a teenager I have seen adult helping their brother's wife out.forget all those bull crap in-law shit he should be useful. If he was well trained he shouldn't be told to do some chores in the house.

11 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by purityannabel(f): 9:32am On Mar 10, 2016
utenwuson:
if he s not living with u, u won't cook? who fetches d water wen he hasn't come? leave dt boy mk he groove no be house boy
who said he is a house boy? so he will not do his house chores nah........he started living with us when he was just 12 years.......now he is 17 this year and he no longer accord me any respect..........
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by utenwuson: 9:39am On Mar 10, 2016
purityannabel:

who said he is a house boy? so he will not do his house chores nah........he started living with us when he was just 12 years.......now he is 17 this year and he no longer accord me any respect..........
17, he s grown, will soon go to 2d university, d best way to make him work in d house is by being friendly, u can't simply nag @ him to do house chores! he s not a girl
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by adorablepepple(f): 9:40am On Mar 10, 2016
purityannabel:

Are you kidding me shocked he doesn't What? The next time he disrespect you maje sure you deal with him. I can see you have been taking all this insult for a long time. Speak up,it's your husband's house ooooooo don't allow anyone bully you,if he won't stop start making that house hot for him

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by adorablepepple(f): 9:43am On Mar 10, 2016
utenwuson:
17, he s grown, will soon go to 2d university, d best way to make him work in d house is by being friendly, u can't simply nag @ him to do house chores! he s not a girl
Who told you she hasn't been friendly, it's because she been too friendly that's y it got to this level. what do you mean by he is not a girl,He is not well trained simple

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by purityannabel(f): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2016
adorablepepple:

Who told you she hasn't been friendly, it's because she been too friendly that's y it got to this level. what do you mean by he is not a girl,He is not well trained simple
God knows I use to be his best friend but since he clocked 15 he totally changed now is the worst....and my husband have talked and talked and still no change. ...
One thing is that he will not try it if his brother my husband is at home......but immediately my husband is out he too will leave.......

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by adorablepepple(f): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2016
purityannabel:

God knows I use to be his best friend but since he clocked 15 he totally hanged now is the worst....and my husband have talked and talked and still no change. ...
One thing is that he will not try it if his brother my husband is at home......but immediately my husband is out he too will leave.......
Madam he has to go back to his village to learn some lesson. Make that house hot for him

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by utenwuson: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2016
adorablepepple:

I grow up wt my elder bro, we live 2geda b4 he even get married, I don't c y d wife should send me on errand, I do things I want 2 do, like take my bro cloths to laundry, wash his car @ tyms, I even cook cos she was friendly, d moment she started seeing it dt is mandatory I help her I quit helping her, I will voluntarily mess up d whole place dts how we guys tend to grow, even mum cnt send me wen she s hard on me, but I can do anything 4 her wen she sound nice n friendly
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Richy4(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2016
This is just a simple matter that is blown out of proportion by a woman that is bored at home....

Why not define his role for him?...... Explain to him that if he gets back from school, he should make sure that all the vessels were filled with water before 5pm or any time u wish full stop.....

From that day his role has been defined, Any day he doesn't do it, or there is no water at home, If you are in a good mood, you can do it for him..... if you are in a bad mood..... just put on the TV with a good nollywood movie, put your foot on the table and watch.... do not cook because there was no water....

when he gets back from where ever he was coming from, politely tell him you did not cook because there was no water..... and any time he feel like fetching the water, you will start preparing food....watch his reaction....If he is a good kid, he will know he has messed up....

And when your husband gets back and ask why the dinner was late, simply say u could not lift heavy Cans and his brother was not at home and there was no water.... simple

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by PresVA: 10:47am On Mar 10, 2016
utenwuson:
I grow up wt my elder bro, we live 2geda b4 he even get married, I don't c y d wife should send me on errand, I do things I want 2 do, like take my bro cloths to laundry, wash his car @ tyms, I even cook cos she was friendly, d moment she started seeing it dt is mandatory I help her I quit helping her, I will voluntarily mess up d whole place dts how we guys tend to grow, even mum cnt send me wen she s hard on me, but I can do anything 4 her wen she sound nice n friendly
Yawns .... undecided undecided undecided
You never live with better people that's why you're spewing thrash here.. the woman na your maid, in her house. . Imagine messing up the house voluntarily. ..

*Yawns again*... you never meet your match.. man ko, Ill mannered boy ni... undecided

13 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by utenwuson: 11:43am On Mar 10, 2016
PresVA:
Yawns .... undecided undecided undecided
You never live with better people that's why you're spewing thrash here.. the woman na your maid, in her house. . Imagine messing up the house voluntarily. ..

*Yawns again*... you never meet your match.. man ko, Ill mannered boy ni... undecided
keep yawning! am not her maid either! my match? lol she s jst a wife
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by PresVA: 11:53am On Mar 10, 2016
utenwuson:
Just a wife abi? Kids of nowadays, ewww

Mr man, if you wan form big boy, GO AND HAVE YOUR OWN HOUSE! it's that simple na..

Byeee#

15 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Joy1706(f): 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
Chanchit:
Eh? A small boy in my house? I can't give him duties cos hez yoruba. Rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Amhappy(f): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
Instruct him to fetch water for you after school,that's his duty for now. He's young and strong. Talk to him directly first if he refused to comply then tell his brother. Also let him tell you about his movement before going out. Children of that age are very stubborn. Sit him down and talk to him like an elder, don't be confrontational.
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Joy1706(f): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
utenwuson:
But he's living with her? And he would like to eat ba? She is not his house girl either. He must help

5 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Joy1706(f): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
adorablepepple:

Are you kidding me shocked he doesn't What? The next time he disrespect you maje sure you deal with him. I can see you have been taking all this insult for a long time. Speak up,it's your husband's house ooooooo don't allow anyone bully you,if he won't stop start making that house hot for him
Its her house. Make una stop all this husband house tin

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Joy1706(f): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2016
utenwuson:
Ur parents failed in training u well. Failed woefully for that matter. Ur wife will end up cursing ur mom cos of ur lack of training

13 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Joy1706(f): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
utenwuson:
And ur just a brother

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Joy1706(f): 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
PresVA:
Just a wife abi? Kids of nowadays, ewww

Mr man, if you wan form big boy, GO AND HAVE YOUR OWN HOUSE! it's that simple na..

Byeee#
U dey mind am? Shameless squatter forming boss in someone's house grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Joy1706(f): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
Babe tell ur husband u won't put up with his rubbish anymore. If he can't respect u he has to leave. If ur husband refuses, yell him since he feels he's a big boy he can sort out his meals himself. Stop cooking for the silly boy

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
kilokeys:

Una dey madt o.. And she is now the slave?. No sense in that culture..

Fine. I understand, In laws have to be respected..

But I wouldn't stoop to an outlaw

It's just a pity that as long as something is termed 'culture', we cower in fear and refuse to challenge it, whether or not it has any streak of sense attached to it.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by utenwuson: 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
Joy1706:

Ur parents failed in training u well. Failed woefully for that matter. Ur wife will end up cursing ur mom cos of ur lack of training
stop sounding too extreme, I know it's only ladies dt wt quote me, I stated d obvious Wc to my understanding it's quite d best way to live wt ur brother inlaw!
Re: What To Do When He Didn't Fetch Water For Cooking by snadguy007(m): 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
If he doesn't fetch water, don't cook..Shikena

And if your husband ask why u didn't cook, tell him his brother refused to fetch water

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. / My Wife Smokes / How Do I Baby Sit A 2 Year Old Boy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.