Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

My Wife Smokes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Smokes (4293 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / Man Who Smokes Weed With His Wife & Daughter Beats Them For Having Sex With Same / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Smokes by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
First, I really apologize if I'm offending any smokers out there. I used to smoke, quit about 4 years ago and I know it's a serious PITA if you're trying to quit. So yes, I'm a little bit of a hypocrite here, but here'goes.
Like I mentioned, I used to smoke, for about 10 years. When I met my then-future-wife I smoked as well, though I never really liked it. I did it because when I was young I thought it was cool then addiction set it, but I always despised the taste, the smell, etc. Well, now I've been quited for 4+ years and I just cannot stand the smell anymore.
It's one thing when you're a smoker because you can barely smell it, but it's so bad I can smell her from across the house, literally. It seems like some smokers reek more than others, I don't know why, but it just seems that way and when my beloved wife smokes she REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS (not to mention all the other effects it's having on her). One time I was showering and she decided to hop in after just having a smoke and I actually had to get out because it started churning my stomach.

Here's the thing
She knows how I feel about it. I've mentioned it numerous times. Sometimes she'll lay by me on the couch and she'll catch me holding my nose, I've even told her that the smell is almost unbearable for me. The problem is that it seems like she has absolutely no desire to quit. She bought an electric cig, which seemed like a godsend, but she quickly discarded it and moved back to the real deal. She has even said she doesn't desire quitting, even for her own health. I dread riding in the car with her, I don't feel like being affectionate, ugh - I know, I'm bad for feeling this way.

lalasticlala rocktation mrsphyno fellow nairalanders. please what should i do?

#YOLO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Smokes by madridguy(m): 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
@ OP, is your wife in question a club girl before you both married or you live outside Nigeria ? Cos smoking is not our culture here in Nigeria especially among women.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Smokes by tellwisdom: 11:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Please give me her number let me marry her sad

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Smokes by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP, is your wife in question a club girl ?

Yes she party atimes,

#YolO

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Smokes by CallMeMadMan: 11:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
See another mad man on the loose. I know say na you teach your wifey
Re: My Wife Smokes by madridguy(m): 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
From your write-up so far I guess you both smoke together before you quit. I will suggest you take it easy with her. You need to enlighten her more about the implication of smoking and I hope she heed to your advise.

richommie:

Yes she party atimes,

#YolO

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Smokes by UnknownT: 12:02am On Sep 19, 2015
pray she doesnt make you relapse after 4+ years
Re: My Wife Smokes by yanabasee(m): 12:09am On Sep 19, 2015
OP..... You've got to take it easy on her as it stands... She wouldn't give up irrespective of her health condition... She's a chronic smoker... If she really loves you and put u first.... She will look further to quit smoking...but she will need you to be patient with her...

Men, I dnt fancy girls dat smoke.... I see dem as sex-addicts! And they hardly get orgasm, no mata how much u twist their cuntz

1 Like

Re: My Wife Smokes by kestolove95(m): 12:13am On Sep 19, 2015
Smokers ar liable to die young but passive smokers ar liable to die youngest..so bro, u a passiv smoker and u ar more prone to danger dan her..
Re: My Wife Smokes by 1miccza: 12:28am On Sep 19, 2015
OP you were smoking before you stopped and she has refused to stop my thought is for you to sit down and discuss amicably with her..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Smokes by menix(m): 12:38am On Sep 19, 2015
Op except u re. Telling mii she ain't a nigerian.

Even if that lady learnt smoking frm me she must stop wen I must have shown her the hades in me..

She dey madt wey she no go stop..
Re: My Wife Smokes by Mekybliss(f): 1:09am On Sep 19, 2015
Praise the Lord.
Re: My Wife Smokes by KanwuliaJara: 1:22am On Sep 19, 2015
Sorry o!
"If it doesn't fit, YOU MUST ACQUIT"! kiss
Re: My Wife Smokes by Truckpusher(m): 1:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Rule number one in any relationship: Don't start or encourage what you can't stop or handle in the future.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Smokes by KanwuliaJara: 1:45am On Sep 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Rule number one in any relationship: Don't start or encourage what you can't stop or handle in the future.

THE OP STOPPED!
His wife can't!
No condition is permanent! grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Smokes by Truckpusher(m): 1:46am On Sep 19, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

THE OP STOPPED!
His wife can't!
No condition is permanent! grin
grin grin grin grin I tell ya, no condition is permanent.
Re: My Wife Smokes by KanwuliaJara: 1:49am On Sep 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin grin I tell ya, no condition is permanent.

Do you smoke? wink
Re: My Wife Smokes by Truckpusher(m): 1:51am On Sep 19, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Do you smoke? wink
Make a wild guess. grin
Re: My Wife Smokes by KanwuliaJara: 1:55am On Sep 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Make a wild guess. grin

No!
Re: My Wife Smokes by Truckpusher(m): 1:56am On Sep 19, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

No!

I ain't telling you nothing cheesy
Re: My Wife Smokes by KanwuliaJara: 1:59am On Sep 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
I ain't telling you nothing cheesy

Ok! wink
Re: My Wife Smokes by Truckpusher(m): 2:02am On Sep 19, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Ok! wink
Got it? tongue
Re: My Wife Smokes by KanwuliaJara: 2:13am On Sep 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Got it? tongue

Oh dear! cry

*faints*
Re: My Wife Smokes by Truckpusher(m): 2:57am On Sep 19, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Oh dear! cry

*faints*
Don't faint yet. cheesy

More surprises abound. grin
Re: My Wife Smokes by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 19, 2015
The first erroneous step to helping a smoker quit is Resenting him/her. No way would they quit if they see that their smoking act irritates you.They would feel bad,and decide to seek solace in whatever they smoke.Yours is a lil lighter cos you once was there.

1. Don't show your disgust whenever she is smoking.

2. Don't give her the ' smokers are liable to die young advice' instead whilst you both are in a happy mood,show her googled pictures of Cigarette effect to WOMEN especially. With pleas of how you don't want it to affect your unborn babies.

3. Loneliness ignites the urge to smoke. Get her real busy!

4. Whenever you both wanna chill outside the home, Movies and cool restaurants would do, Going to the club should be on hold for now

Cigarette is really bad and its users dey get strong head wella, all they need is your Love to help them through
Thanchuuu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Smokes by bqlekan(m): 7:05am On Sep 19, 2015
goldenruby:
The first erroneous step to helping a smoker quit is Resenting him/her. No way would they quit if they see that their smoking act irritates you.They would feel bad,and decide to seek solace in whatever they smoke.Yours is a lil lighter cos you once was there.

2. Don't give her the ' smokers are liable to die young advice' instead whilst you both are in a happy mood,show her googled pictures of Cigarette effect to WOMEN especially. With pleas of how you don't want it to affect your unborn babies.

4. Whenever you both wanna chill outside the home, Movies and cool restaurants would do, Going to the club should be on hold for now

Cigarette is really bad and its users dey get strong head wella, all they need is your Love to help them through
Thanchuuu
Wow! #Respect. Rightly said

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Smokes by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2015
kestolove95:
Smokers ar liable to die young but passive smokers ar liable to die youngest..so bro, u a passiv smoker and u ar more prone to danger dan her..

i dont smoke any-more. . .Ama qood lad now. Am not saying smokers aint good too tho.
But honestly the side effects aint wot one can control. Such as Kidney failure. . .Lungs e.t.c.
Thanks

@Lalasticlala i wl be very happy if u can take dis to front-page.
let's see people's idea over this matter.
thank you sire.

#YolO
Re: My Wife Smokes by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2015
smoking is not bad.join her in smoking bro
Re: My Wife Smokes by funlord(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2015
grin

Dey here dey find solution to your madams "benson affair" you hear! By the time she born "heavy ebele" for you na dat time your eyeballs go clear!
Re: My Wife Smokes by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2015
your wife smokes. richommie which time you marry? grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Smokes by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
MzRoyalHighness:
your wife smokes. richommie which time you marry? grin

lol..na u i marry nah.
abi u no dey smoke? grin

#YOLO
Re: My Wife Smokes by Richy4(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
goldenruby:

Thanchuuu

I agree in your point number 1 as well as 2. But disagree to some extent in 3 and 4

Loneliness got nothing to do with smoking. Busy smokers usually take time off to smoke no matter how busy they are.

Also in terms of chilling, you said they should not go to the club. But you forgot that most restaurants now got smokers sections in the restaurant.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Baby Sit A 2 Year Old Boy? / Dairy of a book nerd / I Did Not Authorize Anybody To Adopt My Son! Pls Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.