Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

What's The English Name Of This Fruit? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The English Name Of This Fruit? (3166 Views)

What Is This Fruit Called In English? / 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name / Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
I noticed this is the season for a fruit we call 'Segun' here at Warri. Calling the fruit is funny if you're around someone called Segun. Please nairalanders help me. What's the English name of the fruit? Or what do you call it in your local dialet?

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Elkings123(m): 10:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
#cheleku.... grin
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
Elkings123:
#cheleku.... grin

Lol. Really?
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Pavore9: 7:57am On Mar 11, 2016
Elijahrona2:
I noticed this is the season for a fruit we call 'Segun' here at Warri. Calling the fruit is funny if you're around someone called Segun. Please nairalanders help me. What's the English name of the fruit? Or what do you call it in your local dialet?

It is called black velvet tamarind.

2 Likes

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 11, 2016
Pavore9:

Wow thanks
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Pavore9: 8:08am On Mar 11, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Wow thanks

You are welcome.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Swissheart(f): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2016
We call it Awin in Ekiti state
English ppl call it black tamarind
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by ediscuss: 8:49am On Mar 11, 2016
Very big thanks to you...
Pavore9:

we use to call it likiliki growing up then in lagos
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit? by Pavore9: 9:31am On Mar 11, 2016
ediscuss:
Very big thanks to you... we use to call it likiliki growing up then in lagos

Also grew up in Lagos and have known it as awin.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Make The Basic Granola Recipe With Quick Oats / How To Identify Fake Palm Oil / Let Me Teach You How To Survive Your First Guinness .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.