Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area (1822 Views)

How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too / Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition / Fire Engulfs Building Close To Babangida's (IBB) Residence In Minna. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by 222Martins(m): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2016
I am currently in a dilemma now. I want to build my personal residence (A 5-Bedroom duplex) but i am a bit confused right now and the reason is this: I am someone who loves privacy and compound space. I usually cringe when i see beautiful houses but with no adequate surrounding space. I detest seeing cars and other facilities cramped in a tight space. Now i want to build mine and here's the options that's getting me confused.

Option A-: Buy a plot of land in a highbrow area at an assumed price of maybe N50M
Option B-: Buy an acre of land (6 plots) or more in a middle-class area at the same assumed price of N50M

If you were in my shoes, which would you choose?? I am still a young man and still not married but i intend to settle down soon. Please people, i need your input.

Oga KKonsults and co.

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by delishpot: 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
Option A for me. The security there will be better than that of B.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by Fadelex(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
I will advice you to go for option B, the "not so developed" area today will soon become a beautiful environment and project like yours is what will drive people to put similar structures on ground. there's no wisdom in paying huge amount for 600sqm that will not give you your desired building. you can as well pm me to carry out the construction work for you at a modest price with quality materials. thanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by 222Martins(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
delishpot:
Option A for me. The security there will be better than that of B.
Thanks for your input. The security or crime rate of an area is something i always take into consideration before acquiring a landed property.
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by dare0834(m): 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Please go for option A, the more luxurious the better

1 Like

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by shamecurls(m): 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
You re my type

Option B-: Buy an acre of land (6 plots) or more in a middle-class area at the same assumed price of N50M

I actually appreciate space too....I love to have a garden on a plot.....have different pets space for relaxation and walk around.

For me...Its option B all the way
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by 222Martins(m): 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
dare0834:
Please go for option A, the more luxurious the better
Thanks for the insight.
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by 222Martins(m): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fadelex:
I will advice you to go for option B, the "not so developed" area today will soon become a beautiful environment and project like yours is what will drive people to put similar structures on ground. there's no wisdom in paying huge amount for 600sqm that will not give you your desired building. you can as well pm me to carry out the construction work for you at a modest price with quality materials. thanks
You have a very good point there, thank you sir.
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by 222Martins(m): 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
shamecurls:
You re my type

I actually appreciate space too....I love to have a garden on a plot.....have different pets space for relaxation and walk around.

For me...Its option B all the way
Exactly sir. I always fancy the idea of walking around, playing, exercising, swimming, gardening, etc without necessarily leaving my house. Imagining living in a house with no space to play around is like being confined indoors. Thanks for your contribution, it feels good to know that i am not alone.

1 Like

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by bebe2(f): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
Option B for me too,

I have always said, after living in this cramped UK houses and being cooked up in doors all day, I will never build my personal house on less than 2 plots.

My brother has a beautiful house in surulere, but there is no outside space, the cars are almost parked in the living room undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 12, 2016
bebe2:
Option B for me too,

I have always said, after living in this cramped UK houses and being cooked up in doors all day, I will never build my personal house on less than 2 plots.

My brother has a beautiful house in surulere, but there is no outside space, the cars are almost parked in the living room undecided

And that's exactly what I did.

I'm not as concerned with what goes on outside my wall and gate because inside will be my oasis of pleasure.

1 Like

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by delishpot: 4:15am On Mar 12, 2016
Well, if the security in both places are same then go for option B as space is of importance to you. I also love space. I love to garden and love my kids to have enough yard space to play in.

1 Like

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by 222Martins(m): 11:48am On Mar 12, 2016
bebe2:
Option B for me too,

The picture you described is quite funny. grin grin grin grin I share your point of view. It just that i have been hearing this phrase too often from people: "The societal status of the people you have as neighbours influences your place in the society." A typical example is the Linda Ikeji's Banana Island saga, where she bragged about being neighbours with Dangote, Mike Adenuga and co. I am still trying to understand the rationale behind this type of mindset.
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by bebe2(f): 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
222Martins:
The picture you described is quite funny. grin grin grin grin I share your point of view. It just that i have been hearing this phrase too often from people: "The societal status of the people you have as neighbours influences your place in the society." A typical example is the Linda Ikeji's Banana Island saga, where she bragged about being neighbours with Dangote, Mike Adenuga and co. I am still trying to understand the rationale behind this type of mindset.

Dat's naija mentality for u, pple wanting to be associated with the rich by any means.

My own be say I can't repeat UK life style in Nigeria.

A minimum of 100x100 is required for my personal property.

U see the last pix u posted , dat wud be my dream house but much smaller.

And u can imagine the breeze wey go dey pass thru that compound, unlike my Brother house wey we dey borrow oxygen breath.

1 Like

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 12, 2016
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by phoenix480(m): 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
On another school of thought, there are immense benefits of having highly influential neighbours/friends.

222Martins:

1 Like

Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by 222Martins(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
phoenix480:
On another school of thought, there are immense benefits of having highly influential neighbours/friends.

Really?
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by Lekkiepelands: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
bebe2:

Dat's naija mentality for u, pple wanting to be associated with the rich by any means.

My own be say I can't repeat UK life style in Nigeria.

A minimum of 100x100 is required for my personal property.

U see the last pix u posted , dat wud be my dream house but much smaller.

And u can imagine the breeze wey go dey pass thru that compound, unlike my Brother house wey we dey borrow oxygen breath.

That part of borrow oxygen breath got me
Re: Should I Build My Personal Residence In A Highbrow Location Or Middle-class Area by Mbryt: 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2019
HUMMMMM ! DIFFERENT STROKES WITH DIFFERENT FOLKS, PLS HELP A LITTLE BROTHER AM STRUGLING TO PAY MY RENT OCTOBER 11 IS THE DAY I PROMISE LAND LORD ,
HELP A LITTLE BROTHER NOTHING IS TOO SMALL
FIRST BANK 3088905775

(1) (Reply)

Creative Showerenclosure By Skimmer01 / Order For Roof Tiles, Doors, Water Heaters, Tiles, At Cheap Rate. / Full "30 Tons" Granite At Reasonable Rate direct from Quarry!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.