Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

2016 UTME; A Gross Misconduct - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016 UTME; A Gross Misconduct (525 Views)

The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. / 2016 Utme Performance Index / Jamb 2016 Utme Questions And Answers Now Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2016 UTME; A Gross Misconduct by odapey(m): 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
There is no doubt that this year JAMB(utme) is a big Joke. In the first week of the exam, most candidates passed and even candidates were given additional 40 marks but since the SENATE have extended the validity of Jamb result to three years and also made minor amendments, the Examination body have kept on failing the second week candidates. I wrote mine on 9th and it was to my surprise that i scored 198. Use of English: 54 Government: 44 Lit in English: 52 Economics: 48.
I couldn't believe my eyes when i checked my result on my phone.
The amazing part is that of Govt and Econs which are my best subjects. I can bet perhaps with my life that not less than 30-40 marks were deducted from those subjects. I can never score less than 80 and 70 in Govt and Econs respectively in this year utmE.
As an average student, i had these scores in the previous years.
2013UTME GOVT: 56
2014UTME GOVT: 65 econs: 64 OAU POST UTME:govt:100 econs:76
2015UTME GOVT: 72 econs: 64

UTME2013: 174,
UTME2014: 244,
UTME2015: 248.
Though i wasn't admitted to the universities i chose previous years (due to reasons that is clear 2 God and d Managements), i was admitted to FEDPOLY EDE (but no financial assistance)
this year that i made up my mind to perform more than ever and do my utmost to get the best, i was shocked and depressed with my score.

Everybody is complaining. The tread is really rocking nairaland.com and even made its front page.
There is no doubt or contemplation on whether this year Jamb is a failure and gross misconduct. For God's sake, how can a sect of candidates be given additional 40 marks and other sect are denied their real scores.

I call upon all people and authorities who are in position of help to do something needful to it before it get out of hand. Pls don't keep watching while JAMB is destroying the future of we that will inherit u and be tomorrow's leaders.

Note: if u are in position of help and u refused due to the fact that ur siblings, relations and children are not affected, remember what goes around comes around. It may be your people's turn.

Opinion: I don't ask for any additional 40 Marks from Jamb but rather the exam body should give all candidates our real scores in all the subjects (by remarking the exams) or the Examination board should just conduct afresh exams for all candidates just to clear their mess.

Pls help someone who is helpless.

I rest my case.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

.. / Thread For Prospective Postgraduate Students 2016/2017 Anambra State / NNDC Postgraduate Scholarship 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.