Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. (11378 Views)

Ghana Adopts Chukwuka Okonjo's Double Intake Educational System / The Decay In Nigeria's Public Educational System; A Case Study Of UniAbuja / Cancellation Of P-UTME-A Hurriedly Made Decision Which Can Be Counterproductive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Hardeysolution(m): 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
Universities are up to the task right now. A lot of aspirants kept on complaining about the screening modalities. Be aware that the Senate of individual schools are saddled with the responsibility to ascertain the screening method. I have be able to follow quite well the screening methods of some major universities apart from those who had their POst utme before the declaration of its cancellation.

This is a period where students will sit back and progress both in utme and ssce. It's a 50:50 allocation. This means it is purely impartial. I will be able to mention some schools and relate it well to how they conducted their screening.

Candidates cry that they pay for online registration when no exam was conducted. Are you aware that some people will handle the screening and there are changes for use of the portal? So why wouldn't you pay? I clearly remember that I advocated for a pegged price which was adopted and a complaint platform which is available. Post Utme was a way of defrauding the people and there could be manipulation. High prices yet not development in the schools? When you write post utme and your ssce is still a factor to consider, then why go for post utme at all? We have got to complain this period because it started this year but next year, there would be a better turnaround.

University of Ilorin

University of Ilorin, the better by far, called for registration and later released admission list. Candidates complain of incredibility. I will say, the mentality we have from the onset that admission is gotten when you are long-legged is what is causing the psychological misunderstanding of the entire process. University of Ilorin admitted students based on merit, catchment and how competitive the course could be. If you applied for engineering course with 200 and c6 you may be dropped but with such score for sociology, you may be admitted.
Meanwhile, supplementary list is not yet out.

University of Lagos
This university kindly called for registration, used a 50:50 jamb ssce ratio. With a 10-9-8-7 scoring system. The result was released then cut off marks then merit list. Interestingly, no much complaints were laid concerning the process except denying Neco students admission. There were laid down rules stating that results released after the deadline will not be acceptable. I will say Unilag screening method was fair enough. Supplementary list still awaited.

University of Ibadan

Though cut off mark is yet to be out so no list yet. University of Ibadan took time before calling candidates which means they were looking for right method to use not to go against the FG directive. The University used 50:50 ratio but WITh 6-5-4-3 Method. This is fair enough but people who couldn't get up to fifty will be disqualified automatically. You should know University of Ibadan is full and strict for being the best university in Nigeria. Quacks can not be admitted. Federal Universities can not accept what state or private Universities accept. Students aspiring for UI, Unilag, Unizik, UNN, OAU, Futa, Funaab, should know they have to over read.

Why should you pass jamb and fail ssce or why should you pass ssce and fail jamb? They are not complementary. That was the case back then when students just want to have at least c6 to qualify.

What will be its effect on malpractice?

Our exam bodies are coming up with anti cheating techniques and I assure you that candidates who PATRIONISE special centres are only wasting time and money as there's nothing like special centres again. A special centre that couldn't produce best WAEC candidate? Or have a subject cancelled? Or have all cancelled? You have reasons to shun special centres and prepare well.

My advice

Nigeria is tired of hearing that graduates are unfit for employment. I wonder why a Corps member can not just defend results? It will surely tell when you get your results through dubious means. Get it right today and see the reason why our educational system is on the right path.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by goldtube(m): 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
This new policy is the worst, because a lot of aspirants have gotten their O level result years back with C's all round, so these aspirants are already at a disadvantage. And again O level is full of fraud and examination malpractice.

28 Likes

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Hardeysolution(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
goldtube:
This new policy is the worst, because a lot of aspirants have gotten their O level result years back with C's all round, so these aspirants are already at a disadvantage. And again O level is full of fraud and examination malpractice.
let the change begin with you. Stop patronising special centres mean while It doesn't exist

5 Likes

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Hardeysolution(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
Jamb and Fail Ssce' or why should one pass ssCe and fail Jamb. So using my results as a case study: that my 5 relevant subjects are four C5s and One C6 and Jamb 221. So re u going 2 call it failure or what? Do U knw how hard I worked 2 achieve these results? And maybe ur advice 2 me would be 2 re-take SSCE and Jamb next year jst because I want 2 go to UI,God 4bid!
Let me tell U, if They continue 2 adopt this system, they leave some students no choice but 2 go 4 malpractice jst 2 have good grades! 4get whatever the educational sector is doing 2 stop malpractice cos they re likely 2 fail(abi No be Naija we dey?!)
its so Painful.
08-Oct-2016 20:17:54 · Like
Seunobafemi; you d only person that has spoken sense, i don't see anything as unfair in what this universities have done
08-Oct-2016 20:26:43 · Like
TeeClassy; Juliuspeterpan, you are just an average student, that's why you probably think you get an A out of malpractice.. The highest grade a miracle centre will give you is c4(and maybe an A or B in mathematics). Those marking this exams are learned, they know when a centre engages in malpractice
08-Oct-2016 21:50:49 · Like
hardeysolution; Have you heard of a centre getting all results cancelled? About 70k a waste? Those marking are not f**ls
08-Oct-2016 22:05:00 · Like
hardeysolution; This is a moment average students must thirst for best.. .which is a blessing to our educational system
08-Oct-2016 22:06:07 · Like
Reply Quote

2 Likes

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Iamoriekaose: 6:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Hardeysolution the truth is this would increase the rate of examination malpractice in the SSCE. Many aspirants would be hell bent on making the best of results. To increase their chances of admission
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by kingphilip(m): 6:40am On Oct 09, 2016
Are we still on this back and forth story again??

Any day any time I'll prefer the post utme system because twas what I rode on to get admission and graduate..

I scored 214 in jamb and scored 92 in post utme and was given admission then

The fact is when you see you didn't make high scores in jamb it somehow propels you to prepare overly well in post utme there giving you an edge to get admission that same year

And I see this system encouraging malpractice because everyone will start going for it must get 5 A's at all costs in ssce and then do all sorts to make sure they hit that target

But what do I know.. The ministry in charge have spoken

I just thank God I'm done with University so as not to be in that situation

Wishing all nairalanders who's seeking admission the best of luck with their choice of universities

14 Likes

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by delikay4luv: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2016
Universities are now making more money with their so called screening.

4 Likes

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by petrov10: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2016
Iamoriekaose:
Hardeysolution the truth is this would increase the rate of examination malpractice in the SSCE. Many aspirants would be hell bent on making the best of results. To increase their chances of admission
lolll 9ja for you

1 Like

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by kinxlink(m): 6:42am On Oct 09, 2016
Rubbish
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by 10kgod(m): 6:42am On Oct 09, 2016
Booking on point. Brb...
We are in 21st century @poster. Do u wanna compare d system of sitting for SSCE in19th and 20th century with this frauding century...21st? Method of conducting SSCE presently is full cheating.... A do or die stuff. So using of SSCE as first priority in admitting students into institutions in my own opinion is not accepted.

2 Likes

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Zaikon(m): 6:42am On Oct 09, 2016
Lol which post utme was cancelled
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by petrov10: 6:43am On Oct 09, 2016
kingphilip:
Ok
oga Philip what is ok

space booker
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by premium9ja(m): 6:44am On Oct 09, 2016
www.premium9ja.com

to be launch officially on Monday Best Entertainment Blog

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Sezua(m): 6:45am On Oct 09, 2016
I would like to know how you came up with those figures you are throwing around. My guess is you're just assuming, innit? Or are u part of their admissions board? op abeg park your wheelbarrow well.
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by bendutch(m): 6:45am On Oct 09, 2016
T
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Nutase: 6:46am On Oct 09, 2016
shocked
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by IamLukas(m): 6:46am On Oct 09, 2016
This process is nowhere near fair and schools can always milk money out of students whichever way they deem fit.
Schools can always elevate the cut offs to admit as few as possible and then admit 'their own' through other means.
With UI's method,a near perfect ssce result is needed for a reasonable score as against the minimum of 5credits that was attainable before the cancellation of putme...why change the rule when the game is on-going?
Malpractice centre for both Jamb and Waec will be on the increase from next year.
Then mayb a minimum of 5 B3's would be demanded.
The policy was not well thought out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by danbilbo(m): 6:46am On Oct 09, 2016
Last last, na poor man pikin go still suffer am. cry cry

Meanwhile, 18-seater commercial bus available here for just 750k

2 Likes

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by kingphilip(m): 6:55am On Oct 09, 2016
petrov10:
oga Philip what is ok

space booker
no o it wasn't space booking o

You know that feeling when someone is telling you something and you're nodding your head as if the person is talking sense that's what I was doing
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by ednut1(m): 6:55am On Oct 09, 2016
cancel utme instead . its exorbitant nd results dont tally with ability. Universitirs shud conduct their own tests

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by seunlayi(m): 7:00am On Oct 09, 2016
The writter should please shut up. Utme ought to be cancelled
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Marvyx(m): 7:01am On Oct 09, 2016
There are still advantages of post ume though. This system is nowhere better... Most private schools will assist their students to cheat... That's just the fact...

What about those who have C's in o level and have been seeking admission over the years? Will you expect them to go back and write O level again Me no gbadu this system at all..
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by Osmondinho(m): 7:05am On Oct 09, 2016
oga OP, what you wrote is total poo... I mean, serious poo.

I don't blame you at all, just ur misinformed brain. how can you say this present screening is good. do you know how much candidates suffered, queuing in lines for long period just to submit their credentials.

Infact, this system is worst of it all: It encourages serious malpractice in ssce, jamb, and buy buy admission as it was before the introduction of postutme. infact , if u don't know someone, ur chances of getting admission is near zero unless u have deep pocket.

#PullDownThisThread... ***mind you, am already in university**

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by seunlayi(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2016
Op, can you compare this year waec with the previous ones, with the way they dash out As and Bs this year? I m sure you are not current with latest developments in the ordinary level stage. This new system will bring more chaos into our admission process.
Remember that even the UI you mentioned has long abandoned this process but was forced to go back to it this year.

1 Like

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by seunlayi(m): 7:11am On Oct 09, 2016

This thread is a WALL OF JERICHO MODERATORS SHOULD PULL IT DOWN FROM FP

1 Like

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by DonTim1: 7:16am On Oct 09, 2016
Please let's go back to putme, my reasons are mine. Don't ask me why if you are not a developer. grin

1 Like

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by bolaji3071(m): 7:16am On Oct 09, 2016
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by HomoSapiien: 7:23am On Oct 09, 2016
seunlayi:

This thread is a WALL OF JERICHO MODERATORS SHOULD PULL IT DOWN FROM FP

They shouldn't pull it down. Hopefully the illiterate minister of education with see comments on this thread and have a change of mind.

I mean seriously this new method will only encourage examination malpractice in both Ssce and utme. Can you imagine someone with 340in Jamb and c5, c6 in olevel not gaining admission because of this foolish mallam policy?

4 Likes

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by brenister10: 7:30am On Oct 09, 2016
Hardeysolution:
Universities are up to the task right now. A lot of aspirants kept on complaining about the screening modalities. Be aware that the Senate of individual schools are saddled with the responsibility to ascertain the screening method. I have be able to follow quite well the screening methods of some major universities apart from those who had their POst utme before the declaration of its cancellation.

This is a period where students will sit back and progress both in utme and ssce. It's a 50:50 allocation. This means it is purely impartial. I will be able to mention some schools and relate it well to how they conducted their screening.

Candidates cry that they pay for online registration when no exam was conducted. Are you aware that some people will handle the screening and there are changes for use of the portal? So why wouldn't you pay? I clearly remember that I advocated for a pegged price which was adopted and a complaint platform which is available. Post Utme was a way of defrauding the people and there could be manipulation. High prices yet not development in the schools? When you write post utme and your ssce is still a factor to consider, then why go for post utme at all? We have got to complain this period because it started this year but next year, there would be a better turnaround.

University of Ilorin

University of Ilorin, the better by far, called for registration and later released admission list. Candidates complain of incredibility. I will say, the mentality we have from the onset that admission is gotten when you are long-legged is what is causing the psychological misunderstanding of the entire process. University of Ilorin admitted students based on merit, catchment and how competitive the course could be. If you applied for engineering course with 200 and c6 you may be dropped but with such score for sociology, you may be admitted.
Meanwhile, supplementary list is not yet out.

University of Lagos
This university kindly called for registration, used a 50:50 jamb ssce ratio. With a 10-9-8-7 scoring system. The result was released then cut off marks then merit list. Interestingly, no much complaints were laid concerning the process except denying Neco students admission. There were laid down rules stating that results released after the deadline will not be acceptable. I will say Unilag screening method was fair enough. Supplementary list still awaited.

University of Ibadan

Though cut off mark is yet to be out so no list yet. University of Ibadan took time before calling candidates which means they were looking for right method to use not to go against the FG directive. The University used 50:50 ratio but WITh 6-5-4-3 Method. This is fair enough but people who couldn't get up to fifty will be disqualified automatically. You should know University of Ibadan is full and strict for being the best university in Nigeria. Quacks can not be admitted. Federal Universities can not accept what state or private Universities accept. Students aspiring for UI, Unilag, Unizik, UNN, OAU, Futa, Funaab, should know they have to over read.

Why should you pass jamb and fail ssce or why should you pass ssce and fail jamb? They are not complementary. That was the case back then when students just want to have at least c6 to qualify.

What will be its effect on malpractice?

Our exam bodies are coming up with anti cheating techniques and I assure you that candidates who PATRIONISE special centres are only wasting time and money as there's nothing like special centres again. A special centre that couldn't produce best WAEC candidate? Or have a subject cancelled? Or have all cancelled? You have reasons to shun special centres and prepare well.

My advice

Nigeria is tired of hearing that graduates are unfit for employment. I wonder why a Corps member can not just defend results? It will surely tell when you get your results through dubious means. Get it right today and see the reason why our educational system is on the right path.

My friend, I guess the decision favored you or someone in your family, or how will you be saying that was the best way to admit students. According to the laid down rules, the minimum requirements for admission into tertiary institution is a credit pass in relevant subjects and a good score in JAMB..
Why the change of the rules in the middle of the game?

Am not shying away from the fact that JAMB has for long lost its credibility but it's absurd that an O-level results which may be of another year and JAMB of this year 2016 was used to determine the fate of intending students.

This will surely backfire cos it will encourage malpractices and the rate of dropouts will be on the increase. And believe it or not, most guys who do well in University do score between 200 and 250 in JAMB with an average O-levels results. Am talking from personal experience even from my class while I was in OAU IFE.

It's a pity that we have leaders who do not think beyond the sight of their nose and with this rash decision have giving our 16-17 years old young chaps unnecessary high blood pressure

And mind you, I served in a village secondary school in Rivers state with the students knowing next to nothing. But when their results were released, it was full of A and B's and lest I forget, a school with no laboratory.

So my brother, in the next few years when the effects of this terrible decision start to emanate, you will understand better

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by bolaji3071(m): 7:30am On Oct 09, 2016
Nice article...
Re: The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. by BlueNaija: 7:36am On Oct 09, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If U Know Committed Exam. Malpractice In This Last Jamb, Read This! / Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions / Ten Tips That Will Boast Your Exam Preparation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.