Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Kwara State Nysc Camp Director – Mrs Olusoji Olufunsho - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Kwara State Nysc Camp Director – Mrs Olusoji Olufunsho (826 Views)

Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) / The Wedding Ceremony Of Taiwo Olufunsho & Kehinde Oladimeji Was SPLUFIK, / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Mr & Mrs Ajibade. (Amazing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kwara State Nysc Camp Director – Mrs Olusoji Olufunsho by Eventnews: 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
You will surely know a real mother when you meet one. As soon as you hear her speak, you would know how motherly she is. Heading into Kwara state NYSC orientation camp with jitters and frights at the sight of stern-looking soldiers and security men.

But to our surprise, awaits a mother who has been specially ordained to give motherly love and care to over 2000 Corps members. She is the camp director of Kwara state NYSC orientation camp, Yikpata in Edu Local Government Area. A virtuous mother cannot be identified just by physical looks but majorly on the qualities portrayed towards someone. Indeed, the Corps members of Kwara state NYSC have found another mother away from home.

Let’s meet our mama – Mrs. Olusoji Olufunsho

My name is Mrs. Olusoji Olufunsho, am married with children. I work with the National Youth Service Corps. Presently, am in Kwara state as the camp director for the current 2015 National Youth Service Corps Batch B stream 1.

Tell us something about your academic career.
I hold a master degree in public administration, which I obtained from Ekiti state university, Ado Ekiti. That was my last station before I was transferred to Kwara State. Then I hold a first degree in English studies which I obtained from Obafemi Awolowo university, Ile-Ife.

Looking at her as a married civil servant, hear what she has to say.
Am married to a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God. He is an Area pastor and he is also a professor in the university (Federal University of Technology). We are blessed with three children and to the glory of God, we are doing fine. Two of them have served the nation and the last is in the university.

Man needs food for survival. Let’s hear what your favourite food is
My favourite food is beans or any beans product. I love beans generally.

What colour do you love the most?
My favourite colour is blue. Blue appeals to me the more. Blue is the colour of love but I see it more as the colour of serenity and peace. By considering your career, what was your first career choice? Well, after my service in 1986 in the old Oyo state where I worked with Radio Nigeria, I took up NDE job. As at then (1987), the chances of getting a job was not really there, thou it was not as bad as the current unemployment situation. After working few months with NDE, I took up a teaching appointment in Akure. After the teaching appointment, in Youth Service Corps (NYSC) as an information officer.

As at the time you got the NYSC appointment, how did you feel about the appointment?
From my background, my parents are from Ekiti state but my husband is from Ondo. Ekiti people believe more in getting government jobs and most of them are teachers. As at then, when you get a job that is perceived as a federal appointment, people feel you have arrived. My parents were both teachers, this made them not to support my appointment as a civil servant. They never wanted me to experience what they passed through as teachers. With this, they struggled to ensure I get a federal appointment. So when the NYSC appointment came, we were all happy that our desired appointment has been met. But somewhere along the line, I discovered that some of my colleagues who took appointment in other sectors were actually doing better than I. I give thanks to God for my position today as I still have success stories to tell.

She also talked about her christian life. Hear what she has to say

http://www.eventnews.com.ng/interview/meet-the-amiable-kwara-state-nysc-camp-director-mrs-olusoji-olufunsho/

(1) (Reply)

Today's Date: 6/6/6............ / Its Miss Hot Legs Beauty Peagent !!!!! Ladies Enter Now / Birthday Celebration At A Motherless Babies' Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.