Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (21369 Views)

God Gave Me A Nice Job As My Xmas Present -PHOTO / Online Jobs And A Way To Generate Income While On Your Present Job / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Jorussia(m): 8:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
igboboy3:

I am genuinely curious. How can i join a party at grassroot level? How did you get involved in your party at that level?
Just go to your ward Secretariat(APC) to register as an APC member. It is always advisable for any upcoming politician to have a very trusted and humble political mentor in his/her ward.You have to pray to be under the mentorship of a selfless leader(as in my case),if not all benefits coming from Abuja(especially jobs),will be diverted.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by adepiero: 8:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
chibwike:
i wrote jamb and post ume
Lol, you no serious o! cheesy

I gate crashed an interview and I got the job wink
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by bxcode(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
Abduletudaye:
Got my marketing job job from nairaland but am tired already... cry
C'mon you can do it, don't look at the present, fix your mind on the future. Winners never quit.grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by duduade: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
Jorussia:
send me a pm
are you serious..
This no be joking matter o
Lol
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by rossyc(f): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
I was called on phone, Invited for an interview, I attended and was offered the job.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Jorussia(m): 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
dimsonu:

You see...when this guy is dying for APC it's quite understandable. No be we wey never gain anything
my brother no be small thing o.Na now me even dey enjoy APC,I was able to convince about 20 people to vote for pmb during the last general elections. I passed through "hell" in convincing people to vote for pmb(In Edo state). I did everything free of charge.I believe in pmb and i know that by the grace of God that he will deliver on his electoral promises.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by MrOmoyemi: 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
I was after a bank job, which later failed nd a helper link me with another bank job, while i was struggling to get the job, GOD sent to me somebody who is willing to know me to me-somebody from my village, he happen to be one of the two pple interviewing me. Halleluyah!!! Believe in GOD...He is more than able!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by AnaCheks(m): 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
Jorussia:
send me a pm
Bro pls remember oooo
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Jorussia(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
duduade:
are you serious..
This no be joking matter o
Lol
I am damn serious.you know that i can't say everything here online. The truth is that, there are always vacancies in all the MDAs of the federal government.They don't publicise these vacancies, except when they are doing mass recruitment. I don't know if you are aware that immigration did replacement last December? they admitted about 300 people.I was not aware of this replacement exercise until i read online (Punch) that the minister of interior queried the Comptroller, who replied that what they(NIS) did was replacement and not recruitment which is legal.A friend of mine told me that sb called his younger sister to inform her,but he couldn't fix her in to the service.My leader was able to successfully fix 3 persons into the immigration.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dygeasy:
I work for myself and with myself with my office located on my laptop and phone. Got the link through Naira land however. cool

Bro pls put me through this job.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by SMARTKOSSY: 8:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
VickyRotex:
Only God made it possible. I no fit explain.

But it happened like this: I saw the job posting about an hour after it was posted, I applied and just 30 minutes after applying, I got a mail saying I was shortlisted and I should be at their office the next day for application process. Thought I had to fill some forms ni.

Only for me to get there the next day and they presented me with 3 different stages of exam/interview shocked embarassed

Oh well! smiley The rest they say is history.
Pls Vicky, from which site u saw the posting?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by AnaCheks(m): 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
Jorussia please help me bro...
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by VickyRotex(f): 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
SMARTKOSSY:
Pls Vicky, from which site u saw the posting?

Indeed.ca. But it's not a Nigeria site.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Jorussia(m): 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
AnaCheks:
Jorussia please help me bro...
check your mail,i sent you a message.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Prosperousman(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
Through OLX. Ng
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Dygeasy(m): 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
sarzy:

Bro pls put me through this job.
Send me a Pm. We can talk cool
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by mixratio(m): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
Eberex:
I was the project engineer for the Burgundy dunhill smoking lounge muritala muhammed airport Lagos. The MD of one of the sub-contractor met me on one of the site visits and told me he was impressed on how I'm managing the project even when I'm cool headed. That he would need my service after completing the project.

The commission took place after 6months. The rest is history.

Whatever you do, put your best as u don't know who is watching .
bro, am a civil engineering graduate. Am dedicated and ready to work and am also level headed. Can you link me up please?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Jorussia(m): 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
AnaCheks:
Bro pls remember oooo
Please add your CV to the documents you are going to send me,i forgot to add your CV in the email i just sent you.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by AnaCheks(m): 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
Jorussia:
Please add your CV to the documents you are going to send me,i forgot to add your CV in the email i just sent you.
. Alright.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by otiigba1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
She knocked me down with her car while i was riding on a bicycle and broke my wrist and injured my left bottom, stayed in hospital for weeks, when i got out of hospital she offered me a job to compensate me as did not have a job then, here i am still in the junior solicitor/lawyer job not bad eh? tongue
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Bistech(m): 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
Glory b 2 God...I wrkd @ Apex bank as a security guard under contract after my NYSC since 2008 till sept 2012 because ve been applied 2 many organizations both govt n pravite firms without any gud result. Actually I graduated with PASS frm Poly lol...but With God all things r possible...I devoted my time with God and luckily one of our colleague (our supervisor) He also an ND holder got employed with d bank n posted 2 head office @ Abuja in 2010. We rejoiced... Following yr around Oct,2011 he called me n told me dat dey want 2 do recruitment underground n dey did d advert on one of d nothern newspaper.He told me 2 apply n scan my credential 2 him,papapa l done dat n he helped me 2 submitted it after some months I called 4 an aptitude test @ Lagos which I did with GOD GRACE I called 4 an interview 2times n later I called 4 medical test. Early sept,2011 DHL brought a letter 2 my father's house lol dat I was sub-listed 4 2wks course @ lagos n I got employed by Oct2,2012. Once again,glory b 2 almighty God n nothing gud than serving HIM. HE can't never let u than.

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by SolexxBarry(m): 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
swiffy:
Lol abeg free am jor ingnish no b our nangwage na lan we dey lan am

Lol,na ur own come even worst pass grin grin cheesy
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by duduade: 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
Jorussia:
I am damn serious.you know that i can't say everything here online. The truth is that, there are always vacancies in all the MDAs of the federal government.They don't publicise these vacancies, except when they are doing mass recruitment. I don't know if you are aware that immigration did replacement last December? they admitted about 300 people.I was not aware of this replacement exercise until i read online (Punch) that the minister of interior queried the Comptroller, who replied that what they(NIS) did was replacement and not recruitment which is legal.A friend of mine told me that sb called his younger sister to inform her,but he couldn't fix her in to the service.My leader was able to successfully fix 3 persons into the immigration.
Aite
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
Had just finished NYSC. Heard they were recruiting. Went and applied on their site online. I didn't show much interest in applying to that company cos I had my sights on three others. The cyber café timer even logged me out immediately I clicked submit on the company job site and I didn't bother buying additional time to see if the application had submitted successfully.

Got an invitation 6 months later for an aptitude test and after 3 interviews, got hired. Currently in my 8th year now. But I'm thinking of moving sha. smiley
Still need some polishings to do. I

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by samuel3818: 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Meanwhile, anyone who can help me get a job o. I am 21, rounding up SERVICE next month and with a 2:1 in Civil Engineering. I will gladly forward my CV o. Thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Rushtec(m): 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
Me my self na Job. I was engaged rit from 500L
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by collins0032(m): 12:04am On Mar 13, 2016
Dygeasy:
I work for myself and with myself with my office located on my laptop and phone. Got the link through Naira land however. cool
Can you please share your job info?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by benedictuyi(m): 12:23am On Mar 13, 2016
please I'm in need of a job.. studied electrical / electronics engineering.. currently living in Ibadan
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Ojady(m): 12:27am On Mar 13, 2016
I returned to Nigeria after a brilliant career in Europe, confident that if i could whoop the white man in his own country, i could do it ANYWHERE (deliberate avoidance of the word 'home'). Alas, how mistaken I was, after series of applications were unyielding, i adapted to the Naija way, 'man know man'... Attended wedding after wedding, birthday after birthday, society meeting after society meeting, nothing. I wrote test after test, to no avail. Later i settled for a opportunities lower than the level I was in Europe. Alas, big mistake! I was the subject of gossip, and consistent recipient of the beef meted out to JJCs, despite how much i tried to blend in. Dont want to go intricate on the experience of being an entrepreneur in Nigeria. My summation on that is majority of Nigerians, are chronically about themselves. The endemic mental and material poverty is prevalent on 95percent such that, you either let them destroy the business or you do it yourself... And how can a sole proprietorship expand on that and for how long? The last straw was, when an outsourcing coy called MACTAY based in Lekki called me for an account manager role. As the interview progressed, i soon realized they were not interviewing me for the role i knew i was a perfect fit for but something totally different. Nonetheless, i was not to be defied, i scaled their interviews and all they had to throw at me, and on the last interview was told you were the overall best candidate, and expect our offer in the mail in a fortnight. Newsflash! A fortnight became a month, and another and then other. Mactay became evasive, oh she's in a meeting, she will call you back...blah di blah di blah...
Finally they get back to me after God knows when, with what? A regret letter... An old man in the LASG, was i didnt get it, cos i didnt know anyone who knew someone up in Mactay...I laughed cos all my years in Europe, being a black man, stigmatized by that derogation 'Nigerian' my belief was if i"m gonna be or get anything here, it would purely be through effort, determination and hard work...and IT DID PAY OFF...So for the place i grew up in to be so messed up and about to put me in a state of depressive mania... I wasnt going to have. I realized that THAT country whether its PDP or APC, is not designed for those who deliberately plan to live long and live well...lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by ifyfaith: 12:54am On Mar 13, 2016
Jorussia:
.One of the leaders of my beloved party(APC),in my ward informed me via phone call that he got a call from a lady(APC member),who is well connected to Abuja that one of the paramilitary service was doing replacement for officers who have either retired or dead.The next day,i gave him my documents after about 10days i got a call from Abuja,that was how i was admitted into the service.I thank God for using the man to "butter my bread".He is a pastor in RCCG.He is the leader of B.A.C.A(born again Christians in APC)in my ward.

please, I just sent u a pm, please help a mother in need. please do reply my mail. thanks n God bless.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nyckeh: 4:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Through Nairaland and it's been like living in hell, just can't go to details cos both manager n chairman r members of ds forum. God shld pick up my call ASAP so I can leave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by chibwike(m): 5:51am On Mar 13, 2016
adepiero:
Lol, you no serious o! cheesy

I gate crashed an interview and I got the job wink
Lol, is it to be a fighter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eko Electricity Distribution Graduate Trainee Programme 2018 Application / Access Bank And First Bank Are Recruiting Now? / Apply For Cornerstone Staffing Massive Job Recruitment (over 300 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.