Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Baking With Local Oven - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Baking With Local Oven (14878 Views)

Farmhouse Oven Dry Catfish (jumbo Pack) / Secrets To Baking A Very Very Fluffy Cake. / Microwave Oven For Baking Cake N Meatpie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
Help needed guys!
I got a local coal oven but I'm yet to get the hang of itit grin
Somebody help me on how to use it please
Re: Baking With Local Oven by duchessofyork: 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:
Help needed guys!

What type exactly did you get? there are various types of local oven. And what exactly do you intend to use it to bake?
Re: Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
Its a 4 chambered coal oven. 3 for baking and 1 fr d coal pot.
I intend using to bake cakes n pastries
Re: Baking With Local Oven by marylandcakes: 7:12am On Mar 16, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:
Its a 4 chambered coal oven. 3 for baking and 1 fr d coal pot.
I intend using to bake cakes n pastries

Please post a picture because I have been hearing about these local ovens but I have no idea what they look like.
Re: Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
marylandcakes:

Please post a picture because I have been hearing about these local ovens but I have no idea what they look like.

It comes in different sizes n design but hrez 1

2 Likes

Re: Baking With Local Oven by marylandcakes: 5:06am On Mar 20, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

It comes in different sizes n design but hrez 1

Where are the connections or how does it work?
Re: Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 7:22am On Mar 20, 2016
marylandcakes:

Where is the connections or how does it work?
Coal
Re: Baking With Local Oven by marylandcakes: 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

Coal

You mean fire wood?
Re: Baking With Local Oven by aydelicious: 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:
Help needed guys!
if you want to use the oven,you need charcoal with small lylon and kerosene.
If you want to use your oven ,you will first remove that small box at the down if the steps that be inside of the oven and place it on the ground outside and add the charcoal to it,put the lylon inside of the charcoal and add small amount of kerosene to it,light fire to it and wait till lylon ment with the charcoal and then the charcoal will start forming heat ,you can now place it back to the oven and use it for whatsoever you want to use it to bake.

1 Like

Re: Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
marylandcakes:

You mean fire wood?
I mean charcoal

1 Like

Re: Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
aydelicious:

if you want to use the oven,you need charcoal with small lylon and kerosene.
If you want to use your oven ,you will first remove that small box at the down if the steps that be inside of the oven and place it on the ground outside and add the charcoal to it,put the lylon inside of the charcoal and add small amount of kerosene to it,light fire to it and wait till lylon ment with the charcoal and then the charcoal will start forming heat ,you can now place it back to the oven and use it for whatsoever you want to use it to bake.
Thanks alot.
When I put it in the oven, will I close it tight after putting the cake in the oven or will I open it a lil bit to allow air for the coal to keep burning?
Re: Baking With Local Oven by aydelicious: 12:21am On Mar 21, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

Thanks alot.
When I put it in the oven, will I close it tight after putting the cake in the oven or will I open it a lil bit to allow air for the coal to keep burning?
you will close it tight because your cake need the heat to bake.
Re: Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
aydelicious:

you will close it tight because your cake need the heat to bake.
Alright
Thanks
If I close it tight, wont d coal go off?
Re: Baking With Local Oven by aydelicious: 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

Alright
Thanks
If I close it tight, wont d coal go off?
It can off:
don't you know that the person that did the oven ,he doesn't do it right then,it supposed to be a place where breeze can pass to blow the charcoal when it is generating the heat now,at the down of the oven,if it is not there,you can leave it open but it can affect the baking,if is about to form in production sa ooh
Re: Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
aydelicious:

It can off:
don't you know that the person that did the oven ,he doesn't do it right then,it supposed to be a place where breeze can pass to blow the charcoal when it is generating the heat now,at the down of the oven,if it is not there,you can leave it open but it can affect the baking,if is about to form in production sa ooh
Therez no space for that there.
Please can u snap urss n where d space is so I can try n incorporate it into the I with me
Re: Baking With Local Oven by aydelicious: 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
FunadoysKitchen:

Therez no space for that there.
Please can u snap urss n where d space is so I can try n incorporate it into the I with me
the only thing I can say is to take the oven back to the person that did it to help you to drilling hoses towards the charcoal box so that when you are using the oven.The front down of the door will be receiving the breeze to blow the charcoal when is generating the heat,only the area the small box is placed ,you are going to drill .just some hoses from the place that show bont at the door.

1 Like

Re: Baking With Local Oven by FunadoysKitchen(f): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
aydelicious:

the only thing I can say is to take the oven back to the person that did it to help you to drilling hoses towards the charcoal box so that when you are using the oven.The front down of the door will be receiving the breeze to blow the charcoal when is generating the heat,only the area the small box is placed ,you are going to drill .just some hoses from the place that show bont at the door.

Alright
Thanks
Re: Baking With Local Oven by devLov(m): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
Quality locally made Baking Ovens 07088263953

(1) (Reply)

"There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS / Iru / Garri Hits ₦72k Per Bag In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.