Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole (1320 Views)

DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar / Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by Wutanq(m): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
So I have been coming across several tweets on twitter about M.I being on same level with above mentioned Rappers, But it seems some Nigerians are judging the situation with sentiment, What do you think, is M.I on same level with K.Dot and J.cole or is he being Overhyped?
Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by Wutanq(m): 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
Airmark oyah Take Lacasera sorry I mean Lalasticala
Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by Dinocarex(m): 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
Lemme laugh before I comment!!!

Kendrick and J.Cole apart from being rhythmic are good story tellers, metaphoric rappers, word play with great punch lines!!

Apart from Kendrick looking like M.I
I see no similarity in them.... They are world's apart.

M.I is just a rhythmic rapper to me!!!
All about rhymes!!

3 Likes

Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by Wutanq(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
But if you listened To numbers in his IM3 he was tryna qive una reasons to think hs on same level with Kendrick, but then he disappoint wen he couldn't use a unique, den he did a kendrick typa rap!
Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
M I IS A GOOD RAPPER NO DOUBT, BUT COMPARING HIM WITH KENDRICK LAMMAR IS A KIND OF SUICIDAL...

IF U WANNA COMPARE MI TO FOREIGN ARTISTS.. THEN U MIGHT THINK OF TYGA, YOUNG THUG, ACEHOOD , AND CO.

but seriously.. the dude needs to go international for once in his life carear..

atleast bring us something new... like FAST RAPERS LIKE Eminem, TI, LUDACRIS, OR BUSTA RHYMES... EVEN NIKI MINAJ WILL BE DOPE IF HE CAN AFFORD HER.. OR ROZAY..

BUT ALL IN ALL.. THE GUY IS DOPE.
Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by Wutanq(m): 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
^ bros don't u tink u went outta the way to compare him with yung thung, tyga and ace hood!!
Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
Wutanq:
^ bros don't u tink u went outta the way to compare him with yung thung, tyga and ace hood!!
I just stated his grades and class... he ain't reach Kendrick class.
Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by softvio(m): 12:38am On Mar 13, 2016
krattoss:
I just stated his grades and class... he ain't reach Kendrick class.

you just insult intelligence in other to buttress your point, for that yung thug tag.America appreciates good music and the nigga still sings trash with tht autotune. First, before you compare MI to kendrick think about his environment, 15 million kiids are out of school, 77% of nigerians are unemployed, which could mean that they are unhappy so you don't expect them to listen to music word for word. MI understands his environment and try to make use of it. Remember, rap now is just a culture thing to the black americans that why Kendrick and the rest gat bigger audience. After all said and done Kendrick is better than MI but i think MI goes toe-2-toe with JCole
Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by jrerico1(m): 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lalasticlala I need your opinion
Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by Wutanq(m): 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
softvio:

After all said and done Kendrick is better than MI but i think MI goes toe-2-toe with JCole

Nao saying M.I is toe to toe with j.cole has worsen the situation cos j.cole is beta dan kendrick! Just dt kendrick is too much speaking of politics, if u listen to j.cole often u will know he is a beta rapper!

1 Like

Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by softvio(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Wutanq:

Nao saying M.I is toe to toe with j.cole has worsen the situation cos j.cole is beta dan kendrick! Just dt kendrick is too much speaking of politics, if u listen to j.cole often u will know he is a beta rapper!

see, i listen to JCole alot. Cole is just a good storyteller that just tell a story in a creative way but Kendrick is a social conscious rapper that tells a story(sometimes a Case-file) or a narative in a creative way. And, at the end gives you a solutions on how to solve the problems. Cole just tells a story facing his immediate environment, same thing applies to MI

1 Like

Re: M.I Vs Kendrick Lamar, J.cole by 10Dove(m): 11:23am On Mar 14, 2016
Wutanq:

just what people fail 2 realize

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: CDQ Ft. Phyno & Reminisce – Aye (life) / Download: Zoro Ft. Simi – Stainless Mp3 Via Mymusicnigeria.com / (DOWNLOAD MP3) Robin K – Bad Influence Ft. Bella Shmurda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.