Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better (53141 Views)

Top Foods That Improve Your Sex Life (Photos) / Foods That Can Help You Look Younger / 7 Finger Foods That Should Make It Into Nigerian Small Chops In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by chrisbest2013: 7:58am On Mar 13, 2016
[quote author=Whizzcute post=43713369] Sleep is very important for your health and for the proper working condition of your body. Sleep helps you ease of stress and cool off your system. Sometimes you might face challenges to catch some sleep because of one thing or the other. But do you know there are some foods you can eat that will help you dose off faster?, well there are a good number of them. Instead of using sleeping pills to induce sleep, try any of the below listed foods and you will sleep till mama calls.

1. Bananas
Bananas are very rich in potassium and magnesium which are the two most effective nutrients for muscle relaxation. Amino acid L-tryptophan is also contained in bananas, these two nutrients are converted to 5-HTP in the brain. The 5-HTP is further converted to serotonin and melatonin which are the brain’s key calming hormones.

2. Milk
Just like bananas, milk contains amino acid l-trypophan which converts to 5-HTP to release serotonin which calms the brain. Also, milk is a very good source of calcium which helps to regulate and stabilize the brain and the nerve fibers.

3. Cooked Egg
Eggs are very rich in protein and that’s the major reason why it promotes good sleep. Too much consumption of foods that have high sugar or carbohydrate content is always a major reason why you have difficulties trying to sleep. Foods that are high in protein are very good for sleep and egg is not an exception.

4. Cherries
Cherries are one of those foods that are rich in melatonin. Researchers have discovered that melatonin is one of the most effective sleep-inducing nutrient or chemical. Try eating cherries like an hour before your sleeping time and have a good sleep.

5. Oatmeal
Oatmeal is another good option of foods to eat for a good sleep. Oatmeal is very rich in magnesium, silicon, calcium, potassium and phosphorous. These nutrients soothe your brain cells, calms your muscles and make you sleep well.

Try these foods and have a good sleep, when you sleep well you will be healthy.Don’t forget to share with others .
Thanks for reading

Nice 1.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by ogunleye557(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2016
AirSultan:
Its my addiction.. Just ate the 16th one now I swear!
u be monkey? Happy sunday
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2016
legendsilver:
that means we are from the same planetary system. My fiancee knows it's only banana that can steal me from her, I swear cheesy
Oh yes. It just gives me the joy! Good to know i am not alone tho smiley
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by badonkadonk: 9:11am On Mar 13, 2016
dapizy02:
S£X......Op try it and tnk me later.

Not just anyhow sex... angry.. It must be breathtaking sex... grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by dajan03: 9:11am On Mar 13, 2016
Whizzcute:
what is this kunu you guys always talk about? @meeloreh
kunu is majorly found in northern Nigeria
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by dajan03: 9:13am On Mar 13, 2016
Whizzcute:

sounds interesting o
Can't wait to taste it
it's what I'm taking right now, I wish I can share it with you
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by DanielGb(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2016
katori:
Mmmm, I just can`t imagine my life without bananas! It`s very interesting point about them shocked

seriously? we just found another monkey.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2016
ogunleye557:
u be monkey? Happy sunday
No. Happy sunday.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by queenfav(f): 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
One shot of magic Moments or any good alcoholic wine on ice, helps me sleep like a baby.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by Krasid(m): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
olutosfem:
All these numerous list of food won't work.when you think less,worry less and happy you'll sleep like a baby.
True.A happy mood/mind automatically makes the brain produce serotonin which is converted to melatonin.Plus, most of these tryptophan rich food don't cross the blood-brain barrier.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
queenfav:
One shot of magic Moments or any good alcoholic wine on ice, helps me sleep like a baby.
Some foods may not taste as good as they look. Confess how it tastes now
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by driand(m): 1:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
carbony4red:
1bottle of trophy...........u go sleep honourably
guy you're either in ondo or Osun state tongue
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by Ifedoyinmola(f): 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
Whizzcute:

i go try am. grin
. Try it and let me know when pepper enter ur brain in the process of ur sleeping grin
Whizzcute:

i go try am. grin
. Try it and let me know when pepper enter ur brain in the process of ur sleeping
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by Henycymama(f): 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
u never see cold water accompanied with garri n kuli, u wil find yourself in paradise,lolz
don't know for others o, drinking garri works well for me
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by queenfav(f): 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
kITATITA:

Some foods may not taste as good as they look. Confess how it tastes now
It tastes fingerlicking good!

1 Like

Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by toonzay(m): 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
katori:
Mmmm, I just can`t imagine my life without bananas! It`s very interesting point about them shocked
monkeys love banana
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by fitinwell: 5:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
[size=18pt]Wasting time, just try soaked Garri ( gariumphosphate iv) chilled.. You wont need to begg for sleep to come.. Sleep just romance you.. Almost immediately you done drinking africa flakes[/size]
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by gformula: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
Na Akamu supposed top dat list, you will sleep like a new born baby if you try it.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by Omoluabi16(m): 12:15am On Mar 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
I had banana and milk an hour ago, and yeah, I feel sleepy already.. Fighting it since I want to see a movie on M Movies Zone embarassed..
Sweet girl.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by Omoluabi16(m): 12:26am On Mar 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
I had banana and milk an hour ago, and yeah, I feel sleepy already.. Fighting it since I want to see a movie on M Movies Zone embarassed..
sweet girl.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by professore(m): 2:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
this is nice
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by oluwaseyi17(f): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
jamex93:
eba!!!

1 bowl of eba will do well

U will just be rolling on d bed ni... U wnt sleep jawe.... cry
jamex93:
eba!!!

1 bowl of eba will do well

U will just be rolling on d bed ni... U wnt sleep jawe....
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by uzuede4(f): 3:57am On Feb 02, 2017
AdemolaA2:
But ironically , Bananas purge me ...
Yes, bananas do purgd. A very good way to free your system. I have a had system, i don't defecate easily. I love bananas very well. I was very happy when i found out it frees my system making it easy for me to pass stool. Keep taking it dear, it's very good for you.
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by AdemolaA2: 9:11am On Feb 02, 2017
uzuede4:
Yes, bananas do purgd. A very good way to free your system. I have a had system, i don't defecate easily. I love bananas very well. I was very happy when i found out it frees my system making it easy for me to pass stool. Keep taking it dear, it's very good for you.
I can't do without taking it . Thanks for the advise !!!
Re: 5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better by gentlegenius(m): 11:49pm On Aug 22, 2018
Its my addiction.. Just ate the 16th one now I swear!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks / Nigerian Housewife’s 1980s Grocery List Goes Viral / What Is This Fruit Called In English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.