Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Funny Way Of How I Made My First Million - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Funny Way Of How I Made My First Million (668 Views)

The First Time I Made Love By Olayemi Olanike Ajewole / The Way Of The Tongue.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funny Way Of How I Made My First Million by PenAStory: 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/03/12/how-i-made-my-first-million-kunbi-black/#more-2021

It was only like yesterday; a day I would never forget. For as long as I live, it remains that one day I will continue to boast about. I will look my kids and grand-kids in the eyes with my chest out, shoulders held high and eyes glowing with pride to tell them about how daddy/grandpa did it. The day was moving like every normal day until I received the text from them. The company. The same company they said would never consider my proposition and grant me the funds needed for execution of my lofty projects. As much as I would have loved to mention the name of the brand, I can’t because it was a part of the undertaking I signed. But I assure you, it is a household brand known in all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria. The marketing manager requested for my presence at their office by 8:00am the next day, exactly five days after I made my presentation. I didn’t know how to react, she was vague and wouldn’t disclose anything over the phone.

I couldn’t sleep of course. My mind kept racing back and forth, searching for nothing in particular. I suppose it was anxiety or maybe my subconscious simply in awe of the good that was ahead. The night seemed longer than usual and by 4:00am, I was already dressed up, spraying all the remaining drops of liquid from my roomie’s perfume bottle. The mumu boy actually caught me in the act and yabbed me. If only he knew what I was about to receive in the next few hours. Mtschew! Not like I had any idea myself but at the very least, a little contribution to the hustle wouldn’t have hurt.

By 6:00am, I left my apartment somewhere in the Bariga. Now you couldn’t have been expecting someone that has to steal his roomie’s perfume to have cab money so danfo loh sure ju. When I got to the Island, I alighted from the Keke Napep, a few buildings from the office, bought pure water to clean my shoe and trouser. A quick rinse of my face and I went about my way, walking majestically into the office building. Packaging is essential in this our business, you know people detect a poor man? They usually walk like they own the whole of Lagos and know all the Ogas at the top but in reality nothing dey. That was me this particular day, packaging my package. Who knew that in about one hour, God was going to hear my prayers and look down upon me with mercy? Who knew my yeye roommate was going to beg me to buy him new perfume? Who knew it was bye-bye to Garri soaking and welcome to Champagne popping? Who knew my palasa torchlight phone was gonna change to a hot touchscreen phone? Who knew finally my creativity and dedication to the spirit of hustle had finally bailed me out of poverty for life?

I walked into the board room with Mrs. Dee and other top officials of the company and they broke the news to me of how much they believe in my brand and felt we could do something big together as partners and their willingness to support me all the way. They were going to start with a sum of 2.5 million naira. I didn’t know when tears started rolling down my cheeks as I broke down.

Suddenly I began to hear someone calling out my name from afar. The voice sounded faintly familiar, it sounded like I knew the owner. I however seemed to be the only one hearing the voice as the congratulations kept on going round. The voice got louder and Closer before I felt a hand hit me. The calling of my name sounded very near, calling my name like one who needed my attention urgently. Alas when I turned, I found myself awake and in Bariga and not on the Island. Mrs. Dee and the others were not staring at me and congratulating me but rather it was my roomie staring at me and congratulating me on the arrival of the garri, sugar and groundnut we planned to have for dinner. Jesus!!! I had actually been dreaming.

Source : PenAStory www.penastory.com

1 Like

Re: Funny Way Of How I Made My First Million by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

Kate The Beauty Queen / Triple L Poetry Competition!!!! Win Cash Prize Inside / As A Self-published Author, How Do You Build An Audience Of Die Hard Readers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.