Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

delete thread - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / delete thread (3804 Views)

delete / Obong Okon Ita Clan / Delete (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 8:22pm On Mar 12, 2016

2 Likes

Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: delete thread by UnknownT: 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
Do you know Apu Nahasapeemapetilon? grin
Re: delete thread by Fulaman198(m): 8:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Please I request no insults to my faith , customs and Gods. You will regret.

Im aware there are many xtian/muslim fanatics here after your enslavement to foreign powers. From Great Britain & Futa Djlon. But i humbly request not to display that mentality here or else ill be forced to cancel the thread.

Don't know why you would bring up Fouta Djallon. Nigeria had Muslims far before we the Fulani came to Nigeria. Plus, Fulanis in Nigeria came from various parts of the Fulani speaking parts of the Sahel in West Africa.

No one will insult your culture. We all have cultures that have amazing practises. An example are the Wodaabe Fulani. It also goes against the following rule(s):

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).

Welcome to Nairaland.
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
UnknownT:
Do you know Apu Nahasapeemapetilon? grin

No.
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fulaman198:

Don't know why you would bring up Fouta Djallon. Nigeria had Muslims far before we the Fulani came to Nigeria. Plus, Fulanis in Nigeria came from various parts of the Fulani speaking parts of the Sahel in West Africa.

No one will insult your culture. We all have cultures that have amazing practises. An example are the Wodaabe Fulani. It also goes against the following rule(s):

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).

Welcome to Nairaland.

Thank You friend.

No that was because I read about the Fulani invasion of Nigeria and the destruction of Hawusa religion by emir Dan Fodio.

Also i know its normal here to insult animist religions and customs here on Nigerian forum which is why I had to add that as I saw on many threads.

Because this is religious matter so I had to add the epitaph.
Re: delete thread by Fulaman198(m): 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Thank You friend.

No that was because I read about the Fulani invasion of Nigeria and the destruction of Hawusa religion by emir Dan Fodio.

Also i know its normal here to insult animist religions and customs here on Nigerian forum which is why I had to add that as I saw on many threads.

Because this is religious matter so I had to add the epitaph.

That's fine to answer your original inquiry, the Hausa have been Muslims long before Fulani came into Nigeria. Hausa have been Muslims since the mid 1100s. Dan Fodio (Bii Foduye in Fulani language) felt that Hausas were mixing traditional Boori Cult (or one should say Boori cultural) elements with Islam. Thus, he decided to bring what he felt was true Islam to the Hausa caliphates.
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fulaman198:

That's fine to answer your original inquiry, the Hausa have been Muslims long before Fulani came into Nigeria. Hausa have been Muslims since the mid 1100s. Dan Fodio (Bii Foduye in Fulani language) felt that Hausas were mixing traditional Boori Cult (or one should say Boori cultural) elements with Islam. Thus, he decided to bring what he felt was true Islam to the Hausa caliphates.

Which is wrong again because now they lost their ancestral religion from mainstream.

But that is the "Hausa wahala" as you people say so lets proceed.

Thanks for the information though. Much appreciated.
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
N
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
M
Re: delete thread by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hmm. Interesting.

1 Like

Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2016
.lk
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
J
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
O
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
Y
Re: delete thread by scholes0(m): 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
Is this Hinduism?
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
E
Re: delete thread by Wulfruna(f): 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Please I request no insults to my faith , customs and Gods. You will regret.

Im aware there are many xtian/muslim fanatics here after your enslavement to foreign powers. From Great Britain & Futa Djlon. But i humbly request not to display that mentality here or else ill be forced to cancel the thread.

You already started the insults with the sentence in bold.

1 Like

Re: delete thread by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Wulfruna:

You already started the insults with the sentence in bold.

I thought that too...

But given that he's Indian, I assure you, that was not quite what he meant to say.

Kinda nuanced. He meant to say colonization instead of enslavement.

@IndianBwoy

Nice thread. Do keep it coming.
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

I thought that too...

But given that he's Indian, I assure you, that was not quite what he meant to say.

Kinda nuanced. He meant to say colonization instead of enslavement.

@IndianBwoy

Nice thread. Do keep it coming.

Yes although enslavement of the masses did occur, I actually meant colonization in this context.

Thanks Sir.
Re: delete thread by Pdizzle(m): 8:17am On Mar 14, 2016
I have questions, I'll be back.
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
Sure
Re: delete thread by Pdizzle(m): 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Sure

Sorry to digress, is there a kind of division between the blacks and lightskinned in India. They don't seem to mix, do they come from different places, worship different gods? Even in your movies, the black indians are not well represented, don't we have good looking ones among them too? Or is there a sort of discrimination?
Re: delete thread by jantavanta(m): 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
Thanks for your introduction to Dhaivaaraadhane (worship of the Gods). Any religion that does not have a name seems closer to nature.

I would like to know if it includes being vegetarian.

Prof. Catherine Acholonu published some articles on the African origin of Indian snake-writing script and I saw a you tube video on the Cameroonian origin of Tamil language.

You have boldly stated the bitter truth about our Wahala, as the whole world sees it. In sweeter words, we currently have to pay tribute to foreign colonial powers through visa-approved religious pilgrimages, but my views on that are on my other threads.

Before I get accuused of derailing the topic, I would like to know if Dhaivaaraadhane (worship of the Gods) talks about Gods who came down to Earth from other worlds. Does it describe flight like in the Vimanas?
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 12:22am On Mar 15, 2016
Pdizzle:

Sorry to digress, is there a kind of division between the blacks and lightskinned in India. They don't seem to mix, do they come from different places, worship different gods? Even in your movies, the black indians are not well represented, don't we have good looking ones among them too? Or is there a sort of discrimination?

No there is no division maybe ethnic divisions in many cases which are natural seeing as they have scheduled tribe/scheduled caste status.

Shcheduled tribe status is also shared with Mongoloid groups in North-Eastern India.

No we are all HIndus and attend same places of worship. There are dark skinned descendants of converts to islam/christianity too.

In movies dark skin is not preferred coz in India and across most of Asia light skin is preferred. Same like in Africa (Nigerian movies) etc. How women boeach their skin because the believe white skin is preferred and better looking.

I do not agree with this though. In India even the majority dark skinned people prefer light skinned beauty.

There is no discrimination in India based on skin colour . Only on caste which is much much less now except some north Indian villages of u.p and bihar.

There are light skinned lower caste people too.

Bro please dont bring racism here abeg. Its not healthy.
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 12:32am On Mar 15, 2016
jantavanta:
Thanks for your introduction to Dhaivaaraadhane (worship of the Gods). Any religion that does not have a name seems closer to nature.

I would like to know if it includes being vegetarian.

Prof. Catherine Acholonu published some articles on the African origin of Indian snake-writing script and I saw a you tube video on the Cameroonian origin of Tamil language.

You have boldly stated the bitter truth about our Wahala, as the whole world sees it. In sweeter words, we currently have to pay tribute to foreign colonial powers through visa-approved religious pilgrimages, but my views on that are on my other threads.

Before I get accuused of derailing the topic, I would like to know if Dhaivaaraadhane (worship of the Gods) talks about Gods who came down to Earth from other worlds. Does it describe flight like in the Vimanas?

You are welcome.

No .vegetarianism is a very Brahminical-Buddhist-Jain Aryan concept.

We practice blood sacrifice of the rooster aswell as plant based sscrifice through mostly mainstream Hindu influence.

Tamil language is very old and developed separately from Dravidian branch of language. Classical Tamil/Sangam literature. Not from Cameroon which mever existed prior british rule.

What is snake writing?

No . We say in our Padd-danas (folk stories recited during the ritual) that the Gods came from the Hills. They descended and were brought down from the hills to the plains because the hills became the abode of the forest aboriginal tribals after northern invasion and their subsequent defeat.

There are two classes . One that excepted civilization and made themselves part of the caste system thus achieving low caste status. The other were the independent aboriginals called adivasis who never except civlization and caste structure and thus remained independent governed by their own law and custom. They preserved old religions better. They are highly respected and even feared by both the general upper and lower caste Hindus. Viewed as the "noble savage".
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 12:43am On Mar 15, 2016
In our religion the low caste tribes generally are the priests and oracles instead of upper caste Brahmins. They are aslo usually the ones who adorne the spirit mask and become a lving deity themselves during possession who solve problems of all members of society regardless of caste. Generally whose household the ritual takes place in.

Ever tribe or cadte has its own role in the ritual process.

So they hav a quite a respectful status within Tuluva society and perform major religious duties in our system.
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 12:53am On Mar 15, 2016
Y
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 1:12am On Mar 15, 2016
R
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 1:15am On Mar 15, 2016
Q
Re: delete thread by IndianBwoy(m): 1:18am On Mar 15, 2016
G
Re: delete thread by Pdizzle(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2016
IndianBwoy:

No there is no division maybe ethnic divisions in many cases which are natural seeing as they have scheduled tribe/scheduled caste status.

Shcheduled tribe status is also shared with Mongoloid groups in North-Eastern India.

No we are all HIndus and attend same places of worship. There are dark skinned descendants of converts to islam/christianity too.

In movies dark skin is not preferred coz in India and across most of Asia light skin is preferred. Same like in Africa (Nigerian movies) etc. How women boeach their skin because the believe white skin is preferred and better looking.

I do not agree with this though. In India even the majority dark skinned people prefer light skinned beauty.

There is no discrimination in India based on skin colour . Only on caste which is much much less now except some north Indian villages of u.p and bihar.

There are light skinned lower caste people too.

Bro please dont bring racism here abeg. Its not healthy.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Vs Edo State / Remo Land Welcomes Alayeluwa Oba Babatunde Ajayi FCA. LLB / For Your Trendy Traditional Weaving Aso Oke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.